Official Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder whose idea it was for Ric to kiss Becky. And whether they've had sexual intercourse with each other.

Damn...

Yeah I'm not sure if M3J is trying too hard to make cringey jokes on purpose or he just doesn't get humour very well.

Because they realize how big of a talent Cesaro is but he cant do well on mic, so they had to give him a decent manager that hopefully will put him over.

I never knew people disliked the idea of Cesaro-Heyman pairing. I know the excecution was bad tho. I remember some of you guys marking out so bad

I'm not against Heyman managing people, just don't call them 'Paul Heyman Guys'. It's really cringey and seemed like it was only done cos Punk said it a few times and so they could put it on merch. Although, I don't want him managing anyone while he's paired with Lesnar - ideally keep him off TV when Lesnar leaves (which I hope never happens), then bring him back without the awful 'Heyman Guy' gimmick. Or just make him a booker, make him GM and recreate 2002 Smackdown. Do that instead.

Heyman never wants to be a booker again, because of how miserable it made him, constantly fighting for his ideas

Can't blame him. If he didn't fight tooth and nail, Smackdown would have probably been an F show by now, and Punk would have been back in the indies long ago, but arguably happy. I wonder if he could get away now for fighting for his ideas like he did long ago. Bet if he was the writer or booker, Roman would actually be popular or be a successful heel who becomes a popular face. Royal Rumble would have been better.

Paul Heyman becoming general manager of SmackDown wouldn't make it a whole lot better...and probably not even close to as good as SmackDown was back in 2002; not with Vince and his current mind state.

But he was a General Manager. Remember Paul Heyman's SmackDown?

Archived