Official Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commentary did not make that styles debut exciting.

I disagree. I feel like this is becoming the cliche or "cool" thing to say whenever a NXT talent or a talent who's coming from another company and who's acclaimed enough to show up on the main roster from the getgo. For once the commentary actually made AJ's debut quite a OMG moment, it wasn't the greatest OMG moment, but I feel like for once, the commentary along with the pop made his debut awesome. The commentary sounded as if they were legit excited to and marking out right along with the arena and some of us watching. As soon as he was shown on camera, they announced him as "The Phenomenal One", how he was world renowned, and JBL acknowledging that he's fresh off a run as IWGP Heavyweight Champion, which WWE is again acknowledging on their programming, as somewhat of a big deal. Granted none of those things were special by themselves, but with the pop, the reaction, and the decent emotion they did put into Styles during his initial debut, made it seem a little special. Granted they were'nt on Striker level marking out, but I think it was okay for the likes of Cole, Lawler & JBL.

Archived