Random WCW 99-2001 Era Arena Thread (WCW Thunder 2001 & Nitro 2001 - Final PS4 Uploads)

HovaThaGod32

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Might just be an illusion, but is the Fall Brawl stage a bit smaller than the others, mate?

My personal preference would be having those designs on a stage, but that's just me :) And I suppose it does probably show off the gap between the Minitron and the floor a little more.

Anyway, great job, especially on the Fall Brawl logo. I remember drawing that one using the paint tool a few years ago on last gen haha

Might just be an illusion, but is the Fall Brawl stage a bit smaller than the others, mate?

My personal preference would be having those designs on a stage, but that's just me :) And I suppose it does probably show off the gap between the Minitron and the floor a little more.

Anyway, great job, especially on the Fall Brawl logo. I remember drawing that one using the paint tool a few years ago on last gen haha

yeaaaah.. I was trying to figure out placement and if I could get by on doing that.

a recent update:

Screenshot-Original-34_zpsjomvuv4a.png

Ignore the alignment issues. Still every WIP because all those lights aren't supposed to be there etc.. I was thinking about adding a stage, to help with the sizing problems, but idk.. May just leave it somewhat the same. Just wish the trons were bigger

Great work again, mate. I'm a big fan of the abstract late WCW PPV logos, namely the Fall Brawl and Halloween Havoc ones.

I think I might make a Big Bang 'The Rebirth of WCW' 2001 one! Do you fancy making one too? We'll leave it down to interpretation..!

529774_260981650665822_932651431_n.jpg

Great work again, mate. I'm a big fan of the abstract late WCW PPV logos, namely the Fall Brawl and Halloween Havoc ones.

I think I might make a Big Bang 'The Rebirth of WCW' 2001 one! Do you fancy making one too? We'll leave it down to interpretation..!

hm.. I'll see. I never really knew about that. WCW Nitro 2000-01 preview added. May be uploaded later on today.

hm.. I'll see. I never really knew about that. WCW Nitro 2000-01 preview added. May be uploaded later on today.

I did quite a bit of research in to it, and it's all quite fascinating!

Long and short of it:

Bischoff knew he needed to hit the reset and downsize considerably, as Fuscient wouldn't have anywhere near the budget WCW originally had.

The idea was to run shows out of Las Vegas, and this was the first one for the 'new' (new new?) WCW. As you can see, the official 'poster' was revealed (via WCW Magazine, I believe), and a date set.

Rumour has it that it was be based around DDP (Big 'Bang!'), probably facing then champion Booker T in the main event. There were also rumours of Hogan returning, as well as a brand new commentary line-up of Joey Styles and Don 'Cyrus the Virus' Callis of ECW (which would have been incredible - they were absolutely superb in ECW and suited this 'Attitude' era perfectly), as well as Rob Van Dam potentially signing a contract. Apparently Van Dam was told he'd be in line for a major push, and Styles/Cyrus had 'verbally agreed' to join (bear in mind that ECW had gone under by this time).

So yeah, there we go!

I made mine last night, i'll show you in a moment.

yeaaaah.. I was trying to figure out placement and if I could get by on doing that.

a recent update:

Ignore the alignment issues. Still every WIP because all those lights aren't supposed to be there etc.. I was thinking about adding a stage, to help with the sizing problems, but idk.. May just leave it somewhat the same. Just wish the trons were bigger

Think that looks better, dude.

I'm so pissed - I downloaded your BATB '00 arena and had a tinker with the stage and got it to a really cool size (in my opinion, of course), all aligned, and looked brilliant.

I went to use it, realised i'd forgotten to set up a 'Show' (common error lol), so downloaded your BATB '99 show, and it bloody over-wrote the arena i'd done. I'll try and re-do and screen shot it.

Basically, I moved the lower logo down a bit so you can't see the ramp. It starts from the bottom of the 2 main middle lights.

What this does is give the impression that the empty bit of space between the Minitron and the floor is actually the stage!

I then made the logo wider so that the framing was almost touching the edge. This made the entire set look a fair bit bigger without being skewed. I then moved both walls forward, and tucked them tighter to the minitron so it wasn't a sudden end to the logo design.

Hope that makes sense.

I did quite a bit of research in to it, and it's all quite fascinating!

Long and short of it:

Bischoff knew he needed to hit the reset and downsize considerably, as Fuscient wouldn't have anywhere near the budget WCW originally had.

The idea was to run shows out of Las Vegas, and this was the first one for the 'new' (new new?) WCW. As you can see, the official 'poster' was revealed (via WCW Magazine, I believe), and a date set.

Rumour has it that it was be based around DDP (Big 'Bang!'), probably facing then champion Booker T in the main event. There were also rumours of Hogan returning, as well as a brand new commentary line-up of Joey Styles and Don 'Cyrus the Virus' Callis of ECW (which would have been incredible - they were absolutely superb in ECW and suited this 'Attitude' era perfectly), as well as Rob Van Dam potentially signing a contract. Apparently Van Dam was told he'd be in line for a major push, and Styles/Cyrus had 'verbally agreed' to join (bear in mind that ECW had gone under by this time).

So yeah, there we go!

I made mine last night, i'll show you in a moment.

a recent update:

Think that looks better, dude.

I'm so pissed - I downloaded your BATB '00 arena and had a tinker with the stage and got it to a really cool size (in my opinion, of course), all aligned, and looked brilliant.

I went to use it, realised i'd forgotten to set up a 'Show' (common error lol), so downloaded your BATB '99 show, and it bloody over-wrote the arena i'd done. I'll try and re-do and screen shot it.

Basically, I moved the lower logo down a bit so you can't see the ramp. It starts from the bottom of the 2 main middle lights.

What this does is give the impression that the empty bit of space between the Minitron and the floor is actually the stage!

I then made the logo wider so that the framing was almost touching the edge. This made the entire set look a fair bit bigger without being skewed. I then moved both walls forward, and tucked them tighter to the minitron so it wasn't a sudden end to the logo design.

Hope that makes sense.

PM me or msg me on xbl pictures of what you did to Bash. I might redo it with the current curtains I have. I noticed while doing nitro that it may look better with the trons against the wall and the curtains brought closer together. Idk I still revisit a lot of these and do edits on my computer. I think I uploaded the 2000 Create a show as well because I don't think I'm going to upload my Bash at the beach 99 arena.

Main post updated. Slamboree, Fall Brawl and Nitro have all been uploaded to CC. My new Gamertag for arenas is PhillyThaGod32. I only have 3 gamertags. PhillyMavs32 (Main profile account) HovaThaGod32 & PhillyThaGod32 (CC accounts). If anything is posted using my PhillyMavs32 tag that is under another gamertag other than the ones listed, it's not my work.

Don't mean to be off-topic mate, but weirdly WWE.com has just posted an article on The Big Bang, and done an interview with Bischoff! How bloody strange.....

http://www.wwe.com/article/big-bang-untold-story-wcw-pay-view-almost-happened?sf21201256=1

I'll check it out.. Thanks. I saw a logo mock up. I'm not sure if it's legit but I think i can make it look decent. I'll draw it up when I finish the few arenas I have left and show you

Archived