Rey Mysterio Injured

Ziggy Vercetti

Mysterio with a knee injury...stop the presses.

Headline would be more shocking if it read "Rey Mysterio still has knees".

Anyway, I just saw him live last month, and he was pretty good. Also, he didn't kill Perro...that's some bullshit. Could have been anyone, tbh...was just a freak accident.

*Censored* *censored* *Censored*... was supposed to be seeing him wrestle AJ Styles in January. I'm assuming he won't be fit by then :(

I was thinking that too. Let's hope for a quick and swift recovery. That would be a major let down if he could not compete.

Rey would only be good in one of three roles...

1) Spanish commentary.

2) Manager.

3) Backstage (road agent, trainer, etc.)

He should definitely come back to WWE in order to get the HoF induction that he deserves...but he doesn't have any reason to step into a WWE ring ever again.

Word going around is that it's just an injury angle to cut his dates in AAA and set up for a return to WWE next year.

Ehhhh...his time has come and gone. WWE desperately needs to make new stars at the moment. Nostalgia won't work forever.

The current stars suck. Legends draw.

Word going around is that it's just an injury angle to cut his dates in AAA and set up for a return to WWE next year.

Ehhhh...his time has come and gone. WWE desperately needs to make new stars at the moment. Nostalgia won't work forever.

And the Legends will be around forever won't they?

We wouldn't have a The Rock if Rocky Maivia was never dropped now would we?

Here's an interesting Meltzer quote from 1998:

"...when a guy starts getting hot in WWF, they keep pushing him until he starts cooling off and if it means upsetting an established star, so be it. In WCW, when a guy starts getting hot, they immediately have an established star squash him, unless the company got the guy hot as opposed to one of those guys who just catches on for no apparent reason." - WON 10/5/98

Rings so true with today does it not?

Naw, this is their most talented roster in a very long time. Too bad they can't make it work.

Nostalgia is good in small doses, and WWE has enough nostalgia acts at the moment, and most of them are being resented by the fans. I think the only thing Rey would have left to do in WWE would be one final match to "pass the torch" to Kalisto, then fade off intot he sunset and work a backstage role watching/recommending guys from the Lucha scene.

5 Star Wrestling are quite positive on the subject and seem to think that 6 weeks is a really long time to heal, so he should be fine for the show in January (Mysterio's team seem to think he'll be fine too). That's great news for me I guess, but I do wonder whether 6 weeks is actually long enough to heal a recurring injury, especially at Mysterio's age.

I really can't tell if the guy with the Cesaro avatar is serious or not when saying this...But, legends don't draw worth a damn. Not these days. WWE fans are just tired of the product in general. Yeah, you'll get that momentary surge in ratings for the one episode that The Rock decides to crash...but that isn't a solution to anything...and that only works for one-offs. If Rock was around 24/7, people would continue to tune out just the same. They would get used to him being around, he would no longer be special, and ratings would drop just as they had prior to that. Legends are never the answer for ratings. It's great to have legends pop up here and there just for a surprise treat...but they aren't a solution for a bad product, and they should never be considered one. They only make things worse in the end. Except for Brock Lesnar...he can come around whenever he wants.

I'm not sure about the veracity of this report.

By reports he was still able to brawl and hit the 619 after the match.

Maybe it has something to do with

the rumour of him turning up to LU this weekend

I don't think Rey will go back to WWE to be a full time wrestler. Even in AAA I read he had about 30 matches this year.

...Not Rey Mysterio. Not when he'll be around for a few matches and gets hurt again and is once again the afterthought he was after his last return.

• 2 months later...

he needs to hang up the boots already hes pretty much a guarenteed hall of famer he's done alot for himself but he needs to stop soon or he'll end up another Chris Benoit or Eddie Gurrerro and before you say his injury has nothing to do with them they overworked themselves way too much and look where they are now enough is enough rey

he needs to hang up the boots already hes pretty much a guarenteed hall of famer he's done alot for himself but he needs to stop soon or he'll end up another Chris Benoit or Eddie Gurrerro and before you say his injury has nothing to do with them they overworked themselves way too much and look where they are now enough is enough rey

I was in a very bad accident in june as I am still recovering. I have liver damage from all the hydrocodone. Im surprised rey doesn't

I was in a very bad accident in june as I am still recovering. I have liver damage from all the hydrocodone. Im surprised rey doesn't

sorry to hear that man hope you recover soon

Archived