Universe Tips

TheGame32

Hi guys, If this has already been posted then please point me in the right direction :) I was wondering if we could get a comprehensive list of what you guys (who are enjoying Universe mode) do to make it fun for you. I'm getting the game tomorrow and Universe is my favorite mode (at least it was in 2K14). Thanks!

Here's 3 things that makes the Universe good for me so here you go but keep in mind that this is how I play ( like if it was real ), the great thing about it is that everyone have a different way of playing it

1) Use your imagination : If you expect it to do everything for you, it won't work, you need imagination to make it interesting. For exemple, I'm having a short feud between Sheamus and Erick Rowan and I had 3 matches in a row before the PPV ( and still haven't done the last match before the PPV ) so I had to use my imagination to make it interesting

Week one : Erick Rowan won the match without any storylines, just like if it was a random match

Week two : I imagined that Sheamus frustrated attacked someone backstage to anger Rowan so Rowan got into the match angry and Sheamus took advantage of that to win the match

Week three : Well here, Sheamus attacked Rowan before the match so no need to use my imagination even if before the match, I did the Brogue Kick on Rowan then got into the ring and had the storyline be that Rowan didn't wanted to give up and still got into the ring even if he was hurt

2) Begin with something real : My second tip would be to start with something real. Why ? Because then, it will help for the booking, the tag team and something important, the allies and rivals. If you go with something that really happened, it will help you because you will know this and then, you can push or depush who you want but at least, it gives you a idea. For exemple, I started after Wrestlemania 31 so I know where everyone belong and the booking is really fast.

3) Think ahead : And just like before, this is a tip linked to real life. Don't burn everything on your first month with big matches, try to think of what you could do next so you can always have great stuff like for exemple the debut of someone for Summerslam or a big match at Wrestlemania, it might sound boring but it will give it a real feeling that makes it better.

For exemple, I wanted to push The Ascension and I couldn't have one more rivalry but I knew I wanted them to be big later so here's what I did. During third week, I gave them handicap matches and one on one matches to give them huge victories. Then, the week before Extreme Rules, I will give them a handicap match against the U.S Champ, John Cena and they will win. At Extreme Rules, Cena will win the U.S title match against Viktor and then, I will be able to make a rivalry happen between Konnor and Cena. Thanks to my imagination and because I anticipated, I am able to put on something really good

Sometimes, you have some nice story, sometimes you don't have much, my best rivalry would be Seth Rollins vs Randy Orton for the WWE and I think the cut-scenes have been nice

1st Match : Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins : No Cut-Scenes

2nd Match : Randy Orton vs Sheamus : Before the match, Seth Rollins sit down with the commentators and during the match, he distracts Randy Orton and Sheamus knocked him out with a punch

3rd Match : Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins : No Cut-Scene

4th Match : Randy Orton & Seth Rollins vs Kane and Big Show : At the beginning of the match, Seth Rollins let down Randy Orton turning it into a handicap match and after the match, Seth Rollins shows up on the ramp to taunt Randy

Thanks for taking the time to type all of that, I appreciate it :) Once you assign a rivalry does the game do a decent job of giving you cut scenes with those characters?

After the first match of a rivalry, make sure the superstars are enemies or allies, that will increase the chances of a cutscene

Rivalries are broken this year. I've been forced to use my imagination moreso than previous year because rivalries just disappear, and while they're listed, many times they won't give you any rivalry matches for that specific show.

Just go with the flow of your Universe mode but have it make sense in the process. This year's Universe doesn't have a lot of cutscenes so try using the randomness of matches and rivalries as a way to spark things up a bit. It gets boring real fast if you emulate the current product rather than just dictating your outcomes from where your Universe leaves off.

I was going to ask in here before posting a new topic. Does anyone know if you can change a superstars attire before a rivalry match by editing the match and still get the cut scene that was going to play? Also can you do break outs in Universe mode?

If u edit a rivarly match the rivarly will disappear .. U can change the attire by going to edit a superstar

I was going to ask in here before posting a new topic. Does anyone know if you can change a superstars attire before a rivalry match by editing the match and still get the cut scene that was going to play? Also can you do break outs in Universe mode?

If u edit a rivarly match the rivarly will disappear .. U can change the attire by going to edit a superstar

I know you can edit a superstars attire by creating a secondary attire, how do you make that attire the one they wear by default. Or is there another way to edit attire that I don't know about :) The only way I know how to change which attire the superstar wheres is to edit the match so that when you select the same superstar it gives you the option of selecting the attire. Normally when you just accept the match it takes you right to it without giving you a choice.

I hope it's clear what I'm asking.

I know you can edit a superstars attire by creating a secondary attire, how do you make that attire the one they wear by default. Or is there another way to edit attire that I don't know about :) The only way I know how to change which attire the superstar wheres is to edit the match so that when you select the same superstar it gives you the option of selecting the attire. Normally when you just accept the match it takes you right to it without giving you a choice.

There is an option in edit a superstar for the attires. Just go to the superstar u want to change his attire & yoou well see the option

The attire option well be in the univrsre section

Entre wwe unvirse & then go to edit superstar but first u have to assign the attire as an alt.attire

There is an option in edit a superstar for the attires. Just go to the superstar u want to change his attire & yoou well see the option

Entre wwe unvirse & then go to edit superstar but first u have to assign the attire as an alt.attire

Awesome thanks! Do you know how many alt attires you can make for an existing superstar. Daniel Bryan for example?

Awesome thanks! Do you know how many alt attires you can make for an existing superstar. Daniel Bryan for example?

Only one

Do each alternate attire actually take a caw slot!?

Also as an update I have been playing my Universe and am at the first PPV. I only play the rivalry matches and I get a cut scene with almost every single one. My biggest disappointment so far is that the main event booking seems really weird. I have Roman Reigns and Bray in a rivalry for the main title, but they are never the main event. Even at the PPV the main event is the Rock vs. Daniel Bryan, even though the Rock hasn't been in my Universe at all. Also the main title fight (between Bray and Reigns) is the first match of the card and its not for the title. Anyway mostly good results so far with a few weird bookings.

Do each alternate attire actually take a caw slot!?

Also as an update I have been playing my Universe and am at the first PPV. I only play the rivalry matches and I get a cut scene with almost every single one. My biggest disappointment so far is that the main event booking seems really weird. I have Roman Reigns and Bray in a rivalry for the main title, but they are never the main event. Even at the PPV the main event is the Rock vs. Daniel Bryan, even though the Rock hasn't been in my Universe at all. Also the main title fight (between Bray and Reigns) is the first match of the card and its not for the title. Anyway mostly good results so far with a few weird bookings.

Yes each attire takes a caw slot

Someone mentioned you get more cut-scenes if you turn automatic rivalries off. Has anyone tested this?

The only reason I've left them on so far is because if you turn them off, it turns off the Royal Rumble rivalry, Sting and Undertaker rivalries, etc, and I'm not sure if you're locked out of them or if you can still end up in the rivalry after winning the RR and such.

I have them on and am getting a good amount of cut scenes. Although I just got through the first month so we'll see if that holds out. I have heard that If you have auto off and still set up a manual rivalry for the undertaker 5 weeks before Wrestle Mania, you will get the Undertaker Wrestle Mania rivalry. I haven't tested this myself, just read it in another post.

Archived