Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent this week doing one of my favourite things, research into my next car. Today I have actually found one which meets all the criteria (Age, model trim, options), seen it in person - have secured means to pay for it (including getting what I was hoping for in terms of P/X value on mine) and am hopefully advancing the process tomorrow in terms of choosing finance terms. I haven't driven it yet, as it has only just arrived to the dealership and has not yet been valeted, appraised and given it's health checks etc. I believe although we have not yet actually put a deposit down on it (and I wouldn't until I'd driven it) that we are in a good position in terms of leading the queue and having "first refusal" - so if anyone else comes in to buy it, we're in the loop. (As they would have to also wait for it to be valeted and checked etc)

So hopefully it will be mine very soon. :wub:

This can be under Good and BS. Beat God of War. Sigh I HATE IT'S OVER. Can't wait till New Game Plus. And I noticed it has 0 Trophies for beating it on a hard mode. PLATINUM HERE I COME. I could have beat it sooner but I procrastinated alot. :lol:

What car is it?

Haha, I missed that bit out. Anyway today I went back and took it out for a test drive - and then paid the deposit while it was pretty much still warm.

It's a 2014 (MK III) Ford Focus Titanium Navigator with a 1.0L Ecoboost engine (wouldn't know it to drive, this thing goes like it's got a much bigger engine - 129Bhp according to Ford) 59K on the clock, and a dark metallic grey - for £8K. Did the test drive this morning, and found that it has lots more toys than were advertised online - Including Automatic park assist, road sign recognition, auto cruise control, voice activated controls etc

Got £2K for the Vauxhall Astra in P/X which was also what I figured. I'm taking possession on Friday hopefully - can't wait. :dance:

I may have figured out a solution to a couple of my computer problems--speed of PC/inability to multitask, and lack of optical drive. I had gone into BIOS before, but apparently didn't look as hard as I did this time. I found two things.

First of all, for some reason, Dell disabled hyperthreading. WTF?! Why would they do that? That explains so much! I've said before "This CPU sucks! Hyperthreading does nothing!" but apparently it was disabled this whole time. This is a Pentium 4, so disabling hyperthreading seems like shooting yourself in the leg.

Second... all of the SATA slots appear to be disabled except for the one used for the hard drive. What a bizarre thing. It would explain why my DVD-RW drive is not detected.

I think I know what I need to do now (enable both, if I can) but I'd like to get a flash drive and back up some files before I do so.

EDIT:

Oh well. I tried enabling the SATA ports. At startup I got SATA0 not detected, same for 2, 3, 4. SATA1 is the hard drive, so of course it detected that. It's really weird. I thought it would detect my DVD drive. I guess I'll have to wait for a new PC. This old thing is a bit of a lost cause. I'll have to make do with Steam. I disabled the ports again so I wouldn't get that annoying message at startup.

I did take the opportunity to enable HT, though. We'll see how that goes. Gotta be better than nothing.

We weren't able to get proper fireworks for the 4th this year, but we made a last minute stop at Walmart and got some of the fountains that are legal now. Definitely not as fun without the mortars, but it was a decent 4th with something...which is better than nothing.

Stayed in a hotel for business last night, quite smart and in an amazing part of the English countryside. Rode there and back in an Audi A3, where the dual climate control was a godsend on a scorching (for us) type day.

Plus I'm getting my new car tomorrow, did I mention that? :P Also to add to that the travel off site added some hours to take off in lieu - so guess who's finishing at half 1 tomorrow?

Have the weekend to myself, and I plan on enjoying every damn second of it.

Defiance 2050 (3 day early access) launches later today on PS4, XB1, and PC

Dead by Daylight - double blood points (aka XP)

Friday the 13th - double XP

I get to meet Edge in October. I am actually going to meet my favourite wrestler ever in person. Holy shit.

Congradulations lad.

Gotta admit though, I've never seen the fascination of meeting a celebrity like actors and such.

Archived