Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its humbling to see something as basic as "got a video game" is classed as a good thing going on in someone's life, and I mean that in a nice way not a snide way. Its good to see simple pleasures still invoke happiness in someone's life.

Me personally, its more something for the last 2 years where I'm actually happy with who I am as a person, looks and personality-wise as for the longest time I was a bit down on myself, and it ate away at me little by little to the point where I didn't really care about looks, and taking care of myself (bad relationship end) but now its real nice to be total chill with everything life throws at you, and actually be confident around chicks regardless if you're trying to be flirtatious or not, as after 2010 that was a big issue once a f'd up relationship ended. That shit haunted me for the longest time, man. But we all good now ?

Spent a couple of hours looking up online florists for some flowers for my Auntie (given who they were for, I wanted them to be really nice and since I wouldn't be able to see them before she did, I did worry a lot about the negative reviews regarding broken flowers and the like). So I eventually decided on one over the rest because they were local (less chance for them to get damaged in transit) and had mostly positive reviews. Ordered them last night at 5pm, delivered at 9am this morning, and everything supposedly looked fine and nothing was broken! Even managed to guess what her favourite flower was and had it included as well. Felt really good to pay her back a little.

"Polar vortex" indeed. Goes from being 75 to the teens.

The unfortunate thing is that it's going to warm back up again and rain by the end of the week. Rain in winter... damn blasphemous. Anyway...

After the lackluster DA2, I'm impressed with Dragon Age Inquisition. It's hard to find good heavy plate armor, though, and the hair and beard selection is inferior to the previous two games. So far, I'd place it like,

1. Dragon Age: Origins

2. DA: Inquisition

3. DA II

I bought some 5-HTP off Amazon for my anxiety. Read that people take it to come down off MDMA, and also for alcohol withdrawal. I took one a few minutes ago, so I'll see how it helps, if at all. Tbh, I think I do feel pretty clear-headed right now...which is an improvement over every day life. Would be cool if it works for me, because it's only like $20 for 100 capsules, and I can get it any time I want from Amazon.

Archived