Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Showed my sister two pictures of herself and my 1st brother when they were toddlers. Instant squee on her part.

Why you trying to make your sister "squee"?

Do you even know what squee means? it just means happy/excited noise

Went for a hike yesterday...had my wallet in my back pocket. Was wearing cargo shorts, so the back pocket was deep...but also pretty open. Well...I lost my wallet. Only had $5 in there, but I was more concerned about my ID and my Debit card. Long story short, I got home, realized I lost it. Called up my buddy and asked if he could help me look. Went back. I got on a bicycle and peddled faster than I knew bicycles could go. Covered the entire distance that I had previously hiked on foot in about 10 minutes (it wasn't a short distance, I was just cooking on that bike). Went to the first of two places where I thought it may have made sense that it could have fallen out...and there it was. Never felt such relief in my whole damn life.

Referring to my post in the BS thread...

Well, I learned my lesson. When a thunderstorm as bad as Tuesday night's is going on, unplug the DSL or cable line from your modem. But I think I'm good now. Had to buy a new NIC card.

When I was about 12 or something...we had a huge thunderstorm and our property actually got struck by lightning. Not the house...but the ground outside (or...a tree, I suppose). Where I live, there is a ton of iron in the ground. Tree got struck, lightning went into the ground (rich in iron). Two of the cars that were parked in the driveway got wrecked (the computers that have all the fuses and stuff got fried). Cars weren't damaged from a physical perspective...but wouldn't start. Needed new fuses. Lightning went through the ground and into the house. Blew the telephone off the wall in a cloud of smoke, the printer caught on fire. The entire family computer got fried. All of the televisions needed to be degaussed, because they went rainbow colored from the surge. I was also deaf for about 15 seconds...just ringing in my ears. Still probably the craziest thing I've witnessed. Almost everything electronic in the house needed to be replaced. Insurance covered everything...but it was crazy. I think they even needed to replace a section of the telephone line in the wall, because it just vaporized.

Completed all special objectives in 2K16 (even the submission one, which is saying a lot for me)...got the achievement for that. Also got the achievement for Curb Stomp into RKO. All I have left are career and online achievements. I don't play online, so career ones are the only ones I'm going for. Just trying to get all of my ducks in a row for 2K17.

Well having been looking at the very real possibility of being unemployed from August 12th (I've been job hunting and even had interviews), today I received a call from my agency offering me an extension to January!!

Actually looking forward to Monday so I can sign that MF'er.

You have to eat a lot of shit as an indy wrestler, especially when it comes to getting paid. Tonight I got my biggest payout for a match of my career so far (not alot, but still). Gotta enjoy the little things, man

So...what are you going to spend your $25 on?

You have to eat a lot of shit as an indy wrestler, especially when it comes to getting paid. Tonight I got my biggest payout for a match of my career so far (not alot, but still). Gotta enjoy the little things, man

So...what are you going to spend your $25 on?

Shit, I could spend that 25. . . and still have a little left over!

Good for you man. I wrestled a bit from 16-19 and barely got paid. I think I made like £80 over 4 years, but then again I wrestled like twice every 3 months and it was just fun to do. Stupid hereditary arthritis in my knees *censored*ed me over though. You continue your dream, AND YOU DO IT FOR ME!

Archived