Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure the battery will run out before it finishes but... My new laptop arrived today and it's downloading SWTOR (wirelessly at the moment). I haven't had the chance to really test this bad boy, but I love the specs! 3rd generation i5. Dual core + hyperthreading + Intel Turboboost. 4 GB RAM. 320 GB HDD. And Windows 7 32-bit. SD card slot, DVD drive. Everything that I wanted. The specs are actually better than what the seller claimed. And it's really clean and in great condition too.

The downside is that with all this power comes power consumption. Never liked batteries, lol. Also, it's sitting on my desk in front of my desktop monitor, so I find myself leaning over it while the game downloads. Still waiting on my mouse, my HDD transfer cable, and my ethernet cable, but I've gotta get this game downloaded ASAP so whatevs.

Apparently Best Buy has HeartGold for $9.99. Excitement.

That is an absolute steal. Nice.
Oh heck yeah it is. I had SoulSilver, and it just stopped working, said it was corrupted or something, cant delete the file to make it work...played the hell out of it when it first came out. When I first saw the commercial for it I begged my mom to get it for me. Gen 2, boy oh boy I have played this Gen(not including Rom Hacks) the most. I owned Gold, Silver, 2 Crystals. Played it almost every day, always looked forward to the bug catching contest, ect. And when I found out the Pokemon will follow you I was even more excited. I never played Yellow. And funny story, Silver, for years I named him ??? because that's the name it said he was when you battle him lol. I need to get me HeartGold or SoulSilver again. Does that copy come with the PokéWalker?

I had Diamond I think, and I lost that. Keep getting that and my SoulSilver mixed up with what broke or got lost

I found out about a vegetable juice that can destroy cancer cells. All you need us:

1 Celery

1 Beet

2 radishes

1 medium carrot

1/2 Potato

You cut them up, then mix them up in a blender, and then sip the juice slowly. You drink it 2 times a day for 42 days. It's also useful for those have poor sleeping habits.

Got to fully hang out with my bestfriend in years, him fully getting divorced and actually happy(ish) last time I really spent the night with him was when we was teenagers, I'm 25 now and he is 27. Got to play Blackout, Apex, and GTA Online with him and our other longtime bestfriend that now lives in Ohio

I forgot if I mentioned this, but I bought HeartGold I believe on Friday. Played it for few minutes to make sure it's a legit copy, and it looks great! I'll play that after I play Alpha Ruby after I finish Crystal. Got HG for $52 or so.

Never heard of Atsugi. I use to live on Yokota Air Base in the Fussa Shi prefecture about an hour from Tokyo. Pretty heat cause that was the setting for Blood The Last Vampire and I recognized sheeit from there when I watched it despite the time period being 40 years prior to my being there

I was alot younger then. Some of my best memories, but in didn't appreciate it like I would in my adult life. Would be nice to go back one day. It's prolly way different than it was two decades ago but I hope you enjoy it man!

Got my GTRacing chair in today and got it together. I dont like the feel of the lumbar pillow it hurts my back so I'll take that out and I'm gonna buy a Purple Cushion next month(they are alot of money) but now I can play games at home, not having back/shoulder pain as much

And got 10 boxes(with 3 boxes to a box) of Sour Patch Kids Conversation Hearts, I fell in love with them when my friend gave me some and I had to find more. And got 10 for $2 so technically 30 Boxes for $2. Since they were $0.25 each

I left a job I'd been at for over 3 years, just because I needed to bring about some sort of change in my life. Took the risk and went to a nearby pub to work, and it unfortunately had to shut down within like 4 months of my being there, and I was so nervous about not having a job lined up. But then, I found one at another nearby downtown bar, and I'm very happy and grateful that I was able to find something. One of the girls who works there is even a big WWE fan, which you never really encounter in your everyday life. I don't think I'm gonna be here long, but it's a good thing I'm here right now, I think.

I go to New Orleans in a few days, for the second time! I went last year, but I had just gotten a really bad leg injury that lasted almost a year. I couldn't afford anything but to just let it heal itself day by day, so, needless to say, it's not 100% and I question whether it ever will be again. But I can go to the gym and do cardio again! That's a great thing! And I'm going back to NOLA and I won't be a cripple this time! That's a great thing.

I may have been having my best year as a caw creator this year. I'm so happy I got really into Stardom and joshi and finally found a sort of niche to show love to. More and more other creators have been showing them love as well, and it makes me so happy to see it. It was only 2 or 3 years ago that joshi caws and even female caw creators, in general, were pretty scarce. Oldheads are gonna have their opinions and say whatever they wanna say, but there has never been a better time for wrestling games. That is thanks to 2K. We're critical when and where we feel we need to be, but they've killed it ever since they took the reins and 2K19 was the first instance of REALLY seeing everything come together and pay off, I feel. 2K19 gave me hope for the wrestling games of tomorrow and that is something great in my life, because these games are legit one of the only things I've ever been passionate about or had to look forward to.

Hell, I was starting to think I wouldn't even make it out of my 20's and I'm 31 and I'm here. That's something worth celebrating every day. I unfortunately know a lot of people who didn't make it here with me.

Got my first car of my own. It's a shitty 1993 Geo Metro, but it's mine. lol. Life, in general, could be worse and I try to thank god every day that it isn't. lol

I'm in such shock and disbelief right now. I'm finally, finally getting a new desktop computer. The last time we bought a new PC (aside from my recent laptop) was 2008. She served well before she got old and started going senile. As mentioned before, this PC is a 2005 model... so yeah I've been in agony for about 2 1/2 years, but now I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Won an auction for a hi-hat drum once owned by Dave Lombardo (founding member of Slayer, current member of Suicidal Tendencies.) Was one he used for several European tours earlier this decade. Half the proceeds of the auction go to charity, so I'm happy to pay the money.

I found out about a vegetable juice that can destroy cancer cells. All you need us:

1 Celery

1 Beet

2 radishes

1 medium carrot

1/2 Potato

You cut them up, then mix them up in a blender, and then sip the juice slowly. You drink it 2 times a day for 42 days. It's also useful for those have poor sleeping habits.

Has this been scientifically proven somehow?

1 Celery

1 Beet

2 radishes

1 medium carrot

1/2 Potato

Has this been scientifically proven somehow?

It has. An Austrailian Dr. developed it a little while ago.

Archived