Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got myself another tattoo booked for March. Will be getting one of John Howe's illustrations of the Balrog from LOTR on my calf. £245 altogether. Worth every penny. This shall be my second LOTR tattoo.

Found a spare £1 in my back pocket, went to the corner shop and bought a Chomp. Everyday is precious.

Please tell me Chomps aren't a quid now? Last time I remember buy one it was 25p and even that was expensive.

Chomps cost a quid now?

Could've got 10 of 'em for that when I was younger. I knew Freddos went up to like 70p-ish, in some shops.

Unless they (Chomps) are cheap, you got change, and my miniature rant was pointless.

Where the *Censored* do you live and why does your council hate you? Freddos are still 25p no matter where you get one from around here.

Got myself another tattoo booked for March. Will be getting one of John Howe's illustrations of the Balrog from LOTR on my calf. £245 altogether. Worth every penny. This shall be my second LOTR tattoo.

Found a spare £1 in my back pocket, went to the corner shop and bought a Chomp. Everyday is precious.

Please tell me Chomps aren't a quid now? Last time I remember buy one it was 25p and even that was expensive.

Yeah, there like 25p aha, I should of specified.

Yeah, there like 25p aha, I should of specified.

I miss penny sweets.

I miss penny sweets.

Ah...we had those here in the US too. There's a general store down the street from me...about a mile or two, and I used to walk there as a kid, buy a brown paper bag of assorted penny candies and a glass bottle of soda, drink the soda on my walk back, chuck the bottle in the same creek every time, and then eat the candies when I got home.

I also used to get way too many candies for a dollar, because I would always tell the person at the register that there were 100 of them, even when I basically just threw handfuls of candy in the bag...they never checked. Different times back then. Things are definitely not the same anymore. Looking back on it, they probably stopped selling the penny candies because everyone did the same thing I did and took way too many. But I was a kid, and I didn't even understand that. :lol:

Archived