Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Live in Tampa, Florida currently…went back home to Lancaster, Pennsylvania to hang out with my dad for a few months. While I’ve been here, I’ve done traveling to places I’ve never been to. Just got back from 4 days in Nashville, Tennessee with my best friend and had the best time drinking and carrying on, listening to all the talented musicians in every bar. It was a really great time. Kept running into Chanel West Coast in different establishments which was random.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you! I was already fully vaxxed + boosted so I was only dead for the first two days before the symptoms started turning mild. It mostly turned into an annoyance later on because I was still testing positive after 10 days but I should be in the clear now.

• 1 month later...

First I thought about putting this on Facebook, but then I thought "Nah, they'd think I'm creepy."  Then I thought I'd put it in my arena thread, since, you know, it's my thread and all.  But then I thought that might upset some people.  Just some random thoughts here...

So, the first of my two best friends died in 2007.  The second died in 2021.  That one set something off in me because it's such a surreal feeling when all of your friends are dead and it's just you.  All before either of you turned 33.  It's a very surreal feeling.  I still can't believe it.  Remind me of when that friend died in 2007 and I'd have these dreams where I was having conversations with him, I'd wake up and not know if he was still alive or not.  Adding to the illusion, it might even be a recurring dream.  It would take me several minutes after waking up, to work through my mind and figure out "Man, he's dead. He's not coming back."  We weren't all necessarily saints, we weren't perfect, we were sort of loners, but it worked for us.  But what is nice is that a few minutes ago, I read their words from when they signed my yearbook back in the day and it made me smile.

I got nostalgic.  I started listening to songs from high school.  I got out my senior yearbook and started looking through it.  Sadly the only other yearbook I can find right now is 7th grade.  Anyway... Also started looking people up online.  Some looked like you'd expect them to.  Some of us haven't aged that well.  And yet, the craziest thing is seeing somebody and thinking "She looks even better now than she did back then! WTF?!  I-I mean good for her..."  Yeah, that last sentence was the purpose of this post.  Still tho... kinda wish I had talked to that girl. lol  I hadn't seen her since the 8th grade.  I think she moved away or something.

Gone back to the gym a couple weeks ago for the first time since the beginning of the year. I've been pretty consistent in going at least 2-3 times/week which is nice. I've been stuck on 15-20 lb weights for most free dumbbell exercises for as long as I can remember so I really wanna get better on that

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived