Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

I tested negative for Covid, its finally out of my system. My dad is getting better, but he may have to go to a rehab facility before he comes home. God I miss him, this is the LONGEST I've been away from my dad...I think ever. Been 2 weeks today since I've seen him. I've talked to him, gotta give him the good news.          EDIT: He sounds SOOOO MUCH BETTER. Like he was himself again, when I first was talking to him there he was quiet, spoke real slowly, and didn't want to talk much. He sounds like he got his personality back

Now I can finally go out and get my own food and stuff and see my friends. Without lockdown I always want to stay home, BUT in lockdown I wanted to leave so badly :lol: glad I got a good bill of health. Hopefully my dad can come home soon, I miss him, he's my world. Honestly before we got sick I wanted a break from taking care of him, like having my aunt take him for a week, but I felt so bad because when I wanted that we got sick. I hated myself for getting him sick because I thought I had killed him. I won't want a break again if he comes home safe. I take care of him because he is old, has macular degeneration, so I have to drive him, give him his medicine, cook, help him around the house. He has Degenerative Disk Disease in his spine that causes him constant pain, Neurofibromatosis(I have it too...)memory loss, ect. So im basically his caretaker. But thank yall for the thoughts and prayers, he is improving

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cost of my preorder dropped 12 cents overnight.  Good shit!

Also, I stumbled onto a new way to make gold logos, presumably for championship belts.  You see, I looked up one of my favorite videos: Iron Sheik Insults & Threats.  The video isn't PG.  But I saw his Hall of Fame shirt, and it got me thinking.  When I tried to make a 1997 Commissioner Iron Sheik CAW for a custom story years ago, I had him wearing a blank T-shirt.  I thought "He wasn't in the Hall of Fame yet, so what could I put on there?"  I thought I'll just grab a WWF block outline logo, color it yellow", make a few adjustments for quality... and afterwards I started playing around with the logo.

Let me try to remember.  I use Paint.NET.

1. Effects, Stylize, Emboss. (The tricky part. I actually recommend using an opaque image for this to get it to work.)

2. Add background layer, color it dark yellow (the preset dark yellow in the palette).

3. I think I put the background layer on top, but adjusted layer properties to Glow.

4. And there's your gold.

5. Flatten layers and erase around the logo.  Magic Wand tool comes in handy here.

6. Effects, Stylize, Relief to add more 3D effect.

7. Adjust the color to your liking (I can't remember whether this comes before or after step 6 ).  Hue, Saturation, Lightness. I moved Hue 2 pts to the right, added a bit of lightness.

8. To rid yourself of those jaggies, add a nice little Gaussian Blur for the final touch.  I like a 2 or a 3.

I made a few for WCW, and a few for WWF (80s logo).  I may make more later.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get through each day. My biological mom is staying for the weekend to help clean around with my dads stuff. (OK if you didn't know my biological mom couldn't take care of me so her biological father and his wife adopted me, for years I thought she was my sister until I got old enough. He's my biological grandfather but he WAS MY DAD. He treated me as his own son, same with my biological grandmother, she was MY MOM. So if you didn't know you know)

Found his class ring, his ring he got from the PD, ect. His Police Department Ring was on his string where he turns his light on/off ok his ceiling fan. I knew he had his class ring somewhere but we eventually found it. It fits pretty good on me. He had 2 badge wallets, his retirement badge is mine, he gave that to me, but we found his smaller one and I gave it to her, she was confused for a minute and started crying when I gave it to her. My family has all said that I get first grabs on EVERYTHING in the house since he left it all for me

House is looking alot nicer now

Working on a tribute video for my dad, having Zac Brown Band's My Old Man song playing with pictures of him. It hurts to hear that song now. Gonna go through photo albums for pictures of him. It sucks, I had a breakdown last night adding more photos

Old childhood friend is moving back here(Alabama) with his wife and kids, been awhile since I've seen him(got into a spat last week but I was stressed about my dad) eventually ill invite my bestfriend and his wife and kid, and then my old friend and his wife and kids over to my house and fish and have a fish fry. Haven't fished in awhile. I need to keep up my pond in memory for my dad who loved that pond. I tell you there are some MONSTERS in there, Catfish BTW. They gonna have to clean them lol, I guess I'm just too Squeamish. 

Maybe eventually buy some new furniture to make my house look nicer

• 2 weeks later...

My new wireless bluetooth headphones just arrived, and it turns out they have a multi-pair feature I didn't know about so I don't have to choose between listening to my laptop or my television anymore. Nice little surprise.

Moved into my dad's old room Sunday, it's the master bedroom with a master bathroom, walk in closet, and retreat room. I now have ALOT more space, the retreat room I want to turn into my VR room and maybe a recording room for YouTube, Voice Acting, etc. Had help clean up, we still have a lot more to do

Not a done deal just yet but I'm pretty sure i've finally managed to secure a Playstation 5.

Edit: if all goes well i'll have it by tomorrow evening.

Spent the weekend at my Biological Mom's house with her, her boyfriend, my sister and her boyfriend's daughter for Easter Weekend. They live 2 hours away from me, had fun, really bonding with my sister. When she was younger and temporary living with my family we didn't have much in common because she was real little and I'm not fond of kids but now we have ALOT in common now lol. Also bonding more with my Biological mom, getting back lost time. I'll come back for my sister's birthday next week. During the weekend we played Ace Attorney, well I watched her play but also helped, she's obsessed with that now. So I bought her a personalized Ace Attorney mug with her name on it, and Phoenix Wright's attorney badge. It was really fun playing it with her. Because of this game, she is deadset on becoming a lawyer when she gets older

Just nice weather, and being able to work out on the property again. Did a whole lot of cleaning our wood-splitting area yesterday, moved some stacked wood, split some new wood, raked debris away, etc. Today I'm turning all of the compost in the compost pile...which is a daunting task to say the least. Hand-turning it all is probably going to take at least two or three days. But...I enjoy doing it. 

1 hour ago, Lunchbox said:

Yo NJIT is the place to go. 30 minutes in total. 

WEnt to CentraState, took me 30 minutes total, from reaching the hospital to driving to the right area of the hospital and waiting for 15 mins at the end. It was so quick. 

Thought I got away with any side effects of the vaccination, but come midnight I felt incredibly cold, and had uncontrollable shivers, and my joints felt really stiff, especially my knees and hip. Not so bad now, just feels like a really bad hangover. But between midnight-8am, then again around 2pm-5pm I felt like death ?

Having a really enraging night.  Get home/pour myself a double scotch. Feel literal heat coming off my face. Want to punch out a window. 

Turn on GCW Springbreak...right in time for Rich Swann making his entrance to 'All Night Long'. INSTANT HAPPINESS.

(Thank you once again, pro wrestling.)

Archived