Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I FINALLY figured out the cause of all my weird Frames Per Second issues on my computer. Turns out my GPU model doesn't actually play nice with the majority of newly released driver updates. The last stable one with it, according to Asus' website, was released all the way back in april, and the one before that had another 5 months of difference in release time.

This would explain why the issue was on and off, I always updated my drivers when they released, so naturally occasionally I'd install one that DID play nice with my GPU, and the issue would come back when it'd update to one that doesn't.

I'm optimistic, testing this so far seems to have indeed fixed the issue, I was struggling to get 25 FPS in Fallout 4 after a reboot following installing a driver update, but not i'm staying at 60 after multiple reboots.

Tracking down the exact model for my GPU was a bit of a bitch though, their model naming conventions are rather silly.

Just got my ticket to see Alter Bridge in December! Also gonna see Shinedown and Sick Puppies as the supporting acts so I'm pretty pleased about that. A lot different than being supported by Gojira like they were last time. :P

Saw Far From Home Tuesday with my bestfriend(which we both loved), first time seeing a MCU Movie with him in Theaters. And possibly see it again with my best female friend soon, since I get "free" tickets because I bought 2 Far From Home Pops from Walmart. I took my bestfriend to work and he had time before he went to clock in and we walked to the electronics and we spotted the Pops. I thought it was the Men in Black pops that were there last but saw him stop and gasped. I bought Spider-Man Advanced and Mysterio(who awesomely Glows in the Dark"

My Walmart sucks when it comes to Pops. We RARELY get Pops and this was a shock. First Pops I've bought since Negan with the blood on his face.

So about 2 months ago I started hanging out with someone that has quickly become a good friend. In the beginning I thought we were possibly heading towards maybe dating or something but we talked about it and are just gonna be friends, for now at least (sucked at first but I'm good with it now). For most of my life I didn't really have any friends and I don't think I've ever had a connection like this. When we hangout/talk/text I feel genuinely happy which is something I haven't felt in a very long time. I've been capable of being happy but it was more of a "in the moment" kind whereas this kind has more of lasting impact, not to mention I'm just overall happier.

Me and my mom found out today that we got the apartment we wanted! Long story short me and my mom, also my sister before she moved out, had to deal with a lot of BS the past 14 years with my mom's roommate... and we're finally gonna be done with him.

We stayed as long as we did for convenience and it was fairly cheap considering where we live but there's just been so much BS lately, more than usual, that we've had enough and finally started looking at places.

Going to the Slayer/Primus/Phil Anselmo show at MSG with my brother in November.

Final tour for Slayer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, my computer was starting to sound really loud (more specifically while idling), which was super rare for it...because, it's a powerful and fully capable PC that shouldn't really struggle to do anything (let alone while idling). It always sounded whisper quiet in the past. But, it was having high cpu and memory usage just from doing essentially nothing.

Knock on wood, after doing a BIOS update, it seems to be back to normal.

Heat wave ended last night and I finally got the room cleaned up.

Figured out a time consuming but reliable way to get back all the logos that I made for 2K19 on my laptop that were lost when the hard drive was fried, by importing them into group logo in game then screenshotting it and editing it back on my main computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Birthday just ended recently. Was just going to stay home. One of my best friends texts me Happy Birthday, then said it sucks we are over an hour away and if I had a reason to go to her town we could celebrate properly. Then had an idea, asked if she saw Spiderman yet, said no, and reminded her I had two free tickets to go. So just went. Glad I did, made Birthday better than it would have

Didnt post yesterday but two boxes I ordered came in.

1 was Marvels Collector Corps Far From Home Edition. The BEST part was a Mysterio Pop, it first looked like the 1 I have already(Glow in the Dark Walmart Exclusive) BUT it had a button on the Pop and it lights up, which was awesome. And came with a Peter Parker Pop with the borrowed T-Shirt

2. A COD Zombies Box from Glitching Queen which had a Revive Hat, Perkaholic Gobblegum Stress Ball, a custom Richtofin Pop(no box) a Margwa Plushie, Perk-A-Cola Stickers!!!(Most Definitely getting Jones Soda bottles and putting them on it) a Juggernog Soda Keychain, And card when you open it, it says "MAX AMMO" Also came in a box that was made to look like an Ammo Crate. All about $30 which was worth it

lol found out my mom is naturally ginger-haired and has been dyeing her hair all my life, the deception is real

Also, my great-grandmother was Jewish apparently, so shalom?

So THAT'S why you drempt you were a red head girl. It's in your jeans XD

lol found out my mom is naturally ginger-haired and has been dyeing her hair all my life, the deception is real

Also, my great-grandmother was Jewish apparently, so shalom?

So THAT'S why you drempt you were a red head girl. It's in your jeans XD
*goes back to the dream thread*

Oh shit, I did dream that, I remember some of it now.

Dreams can be scary.

Archived