Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All went well. She was in the NICU when I left, but it's mostly just precautionary because her blood sugar was a bit low. She's probably only about three weeks early, so it's nothing major.

Fantastic news.

We took our daughter to the Zoo today as they were doing a Christmas thing, she got to hear a Christmas story, make a plate for Santa, write a letter and also meet the man himself - just magic to see her face. Also I have to say I think that's the best Father Christmas I've seen, he was excellent.

I still can't believe she's going to be seven later this month, the time flies.

Starting to feel a lot like Christmas time, the snow is falling and I've actually wrapped the first present. (Which incidentally is a Roman Reigns "it's my yard" shirt for the missus) And also the Secret Santa present for work - I've gone with an adidas sports toiletry pack because I don't actually know the guy I drew.

I was on set for Coronation Street today as part of my job placement. Was kind of surreal being on a proper TV set.

Nice, you doing a degree media course then?

I was on set for Coronation Street today as part of my job placement. Was kind of surreal being on a proper TV set.

Nice, you doing a degree media course then?

Nah. I'm on a business course and my placement is about child job/performance licencing. I was there to check that there are licences for all the extras and make sure everything is suitable.

Kinda neat seeing them work though, even if I was only there about an hour. Spoke with Amy Barlow's actress while I was there. Nice girl.

After a brief health scare (eff you cancer) on Friday, my Dad appears to be feeling better... having the "when I'm no longer around" speech wasn't the ideal start to the weekend. But from what I heard from my Mom yesterday, their doctor might be prescribing him some anxiety medicine in the future.

This is 'bout to sound like an advertisement, but it's the gospel truth. I used to catch a cold or two every year, and it would last weeks, sometimes even a month or two before I would be back to normal. That's with a daily multivitamin, etc. It's been proven that Vitamin C doesn't do shit for a cold. But anyway. This summer, my digestive system was a total wreck, making weird noises n' shit. I'd been having acid reflux for a while. I said *Censored* this, something has gotta be done.

I spent about 2 months over the summer taking TruBiotics. As I said before, the acid reflux is gone, but of course mine has never been as bad as other people's. The unexpected benefit, however... I've been around a lot of sick people, breathing their germs all over me, and I haven't been sick once. I'm a probiotics believer, brother. My immune system has never been this good before.

Archived