Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, she's just as guilty, if not guiltier. The *Censored*'s the point of getting engaged or married if you're gonna cheat?

This is honestly one of those questions that has as many good answers as "Why do women stay with abusive boyfriends?"...being married is a regrettable occurrence to many people. I used to be far in the "adultery is wrong" lane...but these days I tend to see that a lot of people find themselves in shitty relationships that they don't want to be in. And I'm not saying that's a reason to cheat...because, ffs...people need to grow a spine and learn how to leave relationships like that. There's not much that I find shittier in this world than someone being cheated on just because someone is unhappy...especially when that person has done nothing on their own to find themselves in that situation. That's bullshit.

But, yeah...the "point" of getting married or engaged is that you thought you wanted it when you did it...and then you realized that you made a mistake. And then you have women who are afraid of telling their spouse these kinds of marital regrets, for fear of their personal safety...so maybe they never do get a divorce...maybe they just deal with it by seeing someone else. Again...bullshit, but it's not a simple question. Putting all forms of adultery in the same category as "guilty" isn't really a proper thing to do. You have to think of those people who were essentially forced to marry someone that they never wanted to, and forced to stay with them out of fear of the consequences for leaving.

For everyone who just cheats because they don't give a shit, though...those people are truly garbage people.

Yeah, she's just as guilty, if not guiltier. The *Censored*'s the point of getting engaged or married if you're gonna cheat?

This is honestly one of those questions that has as many good answers as "Why do women stay with abusive boyfriends?"...being married is a regrettable occurrence to many people. I used to be far in the "adultery is wrong" lane...but these days I tend to see that a lot of people find themselves in shitty relationships that they don't want to be in. And I'm not saying that's a reason to cheat...because, ffs...people need to grow a spine and learn how to leave relationships like that. There's not much that I find shittier in this world than someone being cheated on just because someone is unhappy...especially when that person has done nothing on their own to find themselves in that situation. That's bullshit. But, yeah...the "point" of getting married or engaged is that you thought you wanted it when you did it...and then you realized that you made a mistake.

As much as I disagree with it, I can to a point understand straying while in marriage. But prior to that, I just can't wrap my mind around it because there's no commitment or anything there. At least if you're engaged, you can still break it.

The fear of refusing to get married or leaving the partner could be chalked up to abuse, no? Again, I'm sure most married people who cheat do it willingly, not just because they're in a relationship they can't get out of. But a lot of people marrying or staying out of fear are less likely to cheat due to fear if their partner finds out. Christy Mack and her friend got the shti beaten out of them by her ex, if I recall correctly, even though they weren't together.

In my opinion, the number of unhealthy relationships in 2017 vastly outnumber the healthy ones...so, I would never commit to saying that the majority of cheating couples don't do it because they feel trapped. People are *censored*ing weird. To an outsider, it might look like the trashiest person cheating on their wholesome partner. In reality, it might be a great person who fears their partner every day of their life. Never know...

My niece is being born today. She wasn't supposed to come until January, but I guess this is happening now. Called out of work, and headed down there shortly. It's the miracle of life and all that jazz...

Hope the premature birth is clean.

Archived