Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shitty time to visit the US...with the political nonsense. But I hope you enjoy yourself nonetheless.

Prepare yourself for the stench and overall shittiness of NYC.

It's charming in a rotting garbage-pile sort of way. Check out the Met while you're there.

And good luck figuring out the subway system...that's garbage too. Oh...and piss. Avoid any puddles you see on the subway. Always look before you take a seat. And if the lights go out and the whole car starts shaking, you're probably not going to die (78% chance?) that's normal. And expect the tunnels to be ridiculously warm...even in the fall and winter. Dress in layers, so you don't die. Lol.

Maybe a garbage pile is too harsh. Maybe NYC is more like an old thrift shop...where it's mostly used shit laying around, but maybe you find an old video game, or that one record you've been looking for. But the store smells like butthole for some reason...and there's no music playing, only some looped recording of car horns and jackhammers...and people yelling. And everything in the store is super expensive, because they know you have no other choice...and half of the things are counterfeit as well...and there are strange people sleeping on the floor who ask you for money. :lol:

Might have my baby girl tomorrow.

Amazing, there's no feeling in the world like it.

Learning how to "feel" again, I guess. I developed a crush on one of my friends and it's been making me feel pretty happy about life because I'm actually putting forth effort to know her, and eventually take her to get coffee or something.

That's good, it is tricky doing that though, because you need to explore the possibility of being "more than friends" without risking what could be a good friendship - but at the same time you need to put your cards on the table before she meets someone - because whether that works or not, she'll be on the rebound for a bit, and that's never the right time.

Best advice I can give from personal experience is see where it goes, maybe suggest the coffee earlier but on a "friendly" basis, and then take it from there.

I got screwed around a lot by girls in my late teens, and had almost given up - but then I met the woman who would become my wife. I think it's simply a question of relaxing, whether you mean to or not, women can pick up on someone who is "trying" too hard.

WWE Live tomorrow. I get to see Styles and Orton in person for the first time. Can't wait :)

MEN? I went to my first WWE event there, back for Rebellion in 2000.

I've seen Orton live, but not AJ - the last WWE event I went to was "Live in London" a couple of months ago, but it turned out to be a Raw show.

That's good, it is tricky doing that though, because you need to explore the possibility of being "more than friends" without risking what could be a good friendship - but at the same time you need to put your cards on the table before she meets someone - because whether that works or not, she'll be on the rebound for a bit, and that's never the right time.

Best advice I can give from personal experience is see where it goes, maybe suggest the coffee earlier but on a "friendly" basis, and then take it from there.

I got screwed around a lot by girls in my late teens, and had almost given up - but then I met the woman who would become my wife. I think it's simply a question of relaxing, whether you mean to or not, women can pick up on someone who is "trying" too hard.

I haven't really thrown myself out there as showing romantic interest yet, because I want to see if I actually would like to do that first. I'm not much of a charismatic or flirty person, but I'm definitely having my manner with her right now as just a friend until later.

I don't think she's seeing anyone right now, and I'm 90% sure on that one. I also need to find out if she'd actually date, because we're both college students and busy, so doing that is still a huge ass commitment on its own on top of school.

Got paid today and it's quite a bit more than I expected so that's awesome. Got my hair done on Tuesday and I love it. Found out the PS Store had Bubble Bobble, arguably my favorite game, so I have that now. Normally I only get Tuesday and Sunday off but this week I also have Saturday off so that's pretty nice, minus the whole getting paid less due to working 1 less day but meh. I'm alright with it.

Recently discovered a new love for lettuce (don't get it very often in this house because everyone is picky af). Combined with a bit of dressing i'm just fine with having lettuce and other assorted veggies for meals instead of the unfortunately unhealthy stuff I eat often (hey, healthy shit gets expensive).

My custom controller came in today and it looks stunning and feels great. Though it is a Christmas gift so I'll have to wait before I can actually use it, just wanted to check and see if everything worked properly and whatnot. Kinda sucks I gotta wait but I'm so pleased with it that I don't even care.

I've suddenly found meaning in my life/a career I want to do. Become a councillor for children with a bad upbringing/issues. Quite a nice feeling, never thought I'd have it. Money doesn't really drive me (as long as I have my ps4, tv, food, I'm a bit of an introvert). So I can't justify doing something I hate, just for a decent income and value my time as more than that..

Archived