Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won a contest from Bolton (my team) for a signed FIFA custom BWFC cover, woo!

Shame I don't actually have the game at this point though XD

Got a free Redbull from two attractive chicks that were giving some out around my college campus. Don't even like Redbull like that but I couldn't say no. Might drink it later though.

should have invited them over to drink it with you, or try Jaegerbombs.

After 13 days "trapped" in Spain, because my wife's water broke 6 weeks early and gave birth to my son while on holiday, we were finally allowed and able to come back home to Denmark on Wednesday. I am not going abroad for the foreseeable future.

Was chosen as assistant lighting designer for our upcoming school play.

That's pretty cool. How involved is it?

I make a light plot/plan, along with the main designer, of a bunch of theatre lights/"fixtures", and decide what type of fixtures, where they're gonna be placed, what spotlight colors, how strong the light will be, and then we make up cues of when individual or group of lights will be turned on and off, then put those cues into a lightboard. Then the "master electrician" is in charge of (is supposed to but I'm gonna help) hanging those lights up on a bunch of metal beams at the theater's ceiling based on the light plot(yes we have to climb ladders lol). Then whenever our theatre production premieres a lightboard operator just plays the cues in sequence.

This must be a weird read :lol: yeah there are accessories that go in front of the bulbs and can make pictures and stuff.

I'll bet it's changed a lot since I was doing the lighting in the college TV studio about 13 years ago. I think we only had 6 lights for a start!! It's always interested me, I love the lighting treatments used at WWE for example.

Thanks to Gears of War my local GameStop less than a 10 min drive is doing a Launch Event at 9 PM Pacific, where I can get WWE 2K17. They hand out front of the line tickets at 6 PM, hopefully I will catch one of those.

Back from the ROH camp. While no I didn't get signed, I didn't expect to. Learning from guys like Christopher Daniels, Nigel McGuiness and Delerious was amazing, and I'm a better wrestler for it.

Nice to hear man, I'd kill to train with guys of that calibre.

I've got a training seminar coming up with El Ligero and can't wait for it.

Archived