Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home from seeing Godspeed You! Black Emperor. It was absolutely fantastic. Piss Crowns Are Trebled is my absolute favorite piece of music ever made, over classical music, ancient slavic folks music, any other contemporary work or whatever. It's just... the best, and I saw it being played live. It was magical. I honestly almost cried, it was so great. They played the most amazing rendition of Sleep as well. It was sick. I'm half deaf, but it was so *censored*ing amazing.

Man, this year's been good with Joanna, Deafheaven and GY!BE. I'll have a few on my list still, but I'm most excited about Death Grips, Swans and Native Locals later this years. :)

edit: Royal Nakamura, be *censored*ing jelly. :P <3

Spent the last three days visiting Isle Royale National Park in the middle of Lake Superior. Aside from their hamster wheel grade wifi, it was a great time!

Get yourself some t-mobile unlimited data. Shit is the best.

Somehow I doubt unlimited data will do much of anything on an island in the middle of Lake Superior, where you're closer to Canada than you are Michigan. The family plan which I'm covered under right now pretty much has unlimited data, so...

So I got picked to go to the Ring of Honor tryout/seminar. Still not 100% sure I've processed this news.

Congratulations man. I don't know you too well (or anyone these days) but I always enjoy your posts. You're one of the good ones.

So I got picked to go to the Ring of Honor tryout/seminar. Still not 100% sure I've processed this news.

Congratulations man. I don't know you too well (or anyone these days) but I always enjoy your posts. You're one of the good ones.

Appreciate the kind words, brother

It would seem that I have finally found a suitable Firefox-based replacement for my perfect but outdated Netscape Navigator 9. It had to be based on Firefox, because Opera (based on Chrome these days) is very heavy and often gave me a blue screen when exiting the browser. Also, Firefox browsers get NoScript, which is essential. "Why not just use Firefox?" Well my brother used it and I dunno, it seemed clunky to me.

Anyway, it's called SeaMonkey. It's got an old-school look, so I kinda like it. It's got some little flaws like no "restart browser" button, and the "open new tab" button is tiny, but other than that, it's pretty damn good. Netscape will still remain my primary browser, of course. I just needed a new backup browser for "lol ur browser is 2 outdated 4 us" websites, since IE 10+ is not available for Vista. Of course I realize eventually I'll need a new computer, but there's so much expense involved. I need a new PC, new monitor, mouse, keyboard, and $300 graphics card or however much they cost these days. But! That's for another time.

Just became a sponsor of Smash Wrestling here in Toronto after they contacted me about the wrestling based stuff I've intermingled into my job started to get popular. Allows me to get advertising for myself from a company I've admired for a while and also to hang out with top wrestling talent getting some cool photo ops for my own advertising. Was something I thought I'd have to work a few years at, but it came within 4 months of me implementing my own marketing to my sales job.

Archived