Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just ordered Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 Collector's Edition.

This is the third time I'll have bought the game. I already own the original on PS2 and the HD Collection version on XB360, but I just felt inclined to complete the set. Plus this one has the original soundtrack, Japanese voice option and some extra characters/costumes.

I'm not saying it's not enjoyable, it is with friends and family. Just that the lack of danger of getting caught makes it less exciting.

I'm thinking that's just you man, at least in this thread. Going out for a drink on the weekend still has the same level of enjoyment for me as getting drunk at a band practice when I was 15 did back then.

Has nothing to do with danger of being caught...but drinking is not as cool as it's cracked up to be...ever. The only reason that it's ever considered cool is because you're not allowed to do it, and when you finally can, you learn quickly that it mostly just leads to bullshit. Also, it's swell while you have tons of friends around to drink with...but, eventually, nearly all of those people will move away or start working serious careers, and you'll be left drinking by yourself...that's just what happens.

Has nothing to do with danger of being caught...but drinking is not as cool as it's cracked up to be...ever. The only reason that it's ever considered cool is because you're not allowed to do it, and when you finally can, you learn quickly that it mostly just leads to bullshit. Also, it's swell while you have tons of friends around to drink with...but, eventually, nearly all of those people will move away or start working serious careers, and you'll be left drinking by yourself...that's just what happens.

Idk, I moved 4 hours away from any friends I had and picked up a serious career and drinking is still pretty cool. If anything now the fact that I'm older allows me to have the money to try better drinks and go to different bars after work. Hell, I'm still always down to pick something up on the way home just to drink after work alone on a weekday. That shit is cool af being an adult.

^ Out of curiosity, how old are you though? I'd say drinking is fun until you reach about 25...then you just don't feel like it half the time, and when you do end up drinking you usually can't have a good time anyway, because you have serious shit to think about...either that, or you enjoy yourself when you're doing it, but feel like absolute shit immediately after. I used to wake up from drinking without a care in the world. Now a hangover lasts an entire day for me...not just morning and afternoon...like, an entire day and night cycle. After your mid-20's drinking just tanks. I still drink a ton, but it's mostly because I'm addicted to it.

^ Out of curiosity, how old are you though? I'd say drinking is fun until you reach about 25...then you just don't feel like it half the time, and when you do end up drinking you usually can't have a good time anyway, because you have serious shit to think about...either that, or you enjoy yourself when you're doing it, but feel like absolute shit immediately after. I used to wake up from drinking without a care in the world. Now a hangover lasts an entire day for me...not just morning and afternoon...like, an entire day and night cycle. After your mid-20's drinking just tanks. I still drink a ton, but it's mostly because I'm addicted to it.

I'm 24 and married. Bills, a career, blah blah blah all that adult stuff. I still drink and have fun, I rarely "get drunk" to the point where I end up with a hangover. I feel like getting trashed got boring when I was 18, but drinking never lost its allure. Hell, I have clients bring me bottles of scotch and stuff because they know I'll enjoy it.

I get the feeling we're talking about two different things though, where I'd agree that getting hammered loses its allure in your 20s. Drinking by itself never would though.

My personal bar has shit the bed completely. I usually have about five bottles of various things directly to my right. As it currently stands, I only have a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon, a bottle of Bulleit Rye, a bottle of Johnny Drum, and a bottle of Junipero Gin. All four of those only have about a teaspoon of alcohol in the bottom of them. Hard times.

If I mixed them all together, I might have enough booze for a Jersey Turnpike.

My problem right now is that I really can't afford to be wasting my money on booze. I drink everything except Tequila and Vodka...so I wouldn't be able to just get a single bottle of something and be content...I would need at least a bottle of Bourbon, a bottle of Rum and a bottle of Gin...which is about $100...and I could easily drink most of that in a week or two without trying.

Archived