Mick Foley Says He's Close To Becoming A Former Fan Of WWE

Mr.Dreadful

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really really hate the "if you don't like it, don't watch it" argument. That's a cop-out. It's an attempt to say that instead of the WWE putting in the work to improve their product, anyone who feels they aren't living up to what they should, should just go away.

Have WWE tried to improve the product though (in your eyes)? How long have you been dissatisfied with the product? It gets to a point when all the disappointment you feel is entirely your own fault.

What? No. Sorry but no. That's not how entertainment works. If you have to say that people dissatisfied with a product have only themselves to blame then clearly something is terribly wrong in the industry. I'm dissatisfied because WWE books horribly, starts and stops pushes on a dime for weird and incomprehensible reasons, are petty as all *Censored* to their own talent, and are so bloody arrogant that they make the Hollywood super-ego character in movies look tame in comparison.

Sorry but anyone who can't see there's at least a little bit of a problem in the WWE right now is blind as *Censored* tbh.

No but if you're still watching a product that you've been dissatisfied with for weeks/months/years with no sign of it changing, then yes it is your fault that you continue watching and keep getting disappointed by it.

I really really hate the "if you don't like it, don't watch it" argument. That's a cop-out. It's an attempt to say that instead of the WWE putting in the work to improve their product, anyone who feels they aren't living up to what they should, should just go away.

Have WWE tried to improve the product though (in your eyes)? How long have you been dissatisfied with the product? It gets to a point when all the disappointment you feel is entirely your own fault.

What? No. Sorry but no. That's not how entertainment works. If you have to say that people dissatisfied with a product have only themselves to blame then clearly something is terribly wrong in the industry. I'm dissatisfied because WWE books horribly, starts and stops pushes on a dime for weird and incomprehensible reasons, are petty as all *Censored* to their own talent, and are so bloody arrogant that they make the Hollywood super-ego character in movies look tame in comparison.

Sorry but anyone who can't see there's at least a little bit of a problem in the WWE right now is blind as *Censored* tbh.

No but if you're still watching a product that you've been dissatisfied with for weeks/months/years with no sign of it changing, then yes it is your fault that you continue watching and keep getting disappointed by it.

Except I don't watch anymore, at least live. I catch anything "interesting" other than NXT from third parties.

Good one. But your analogy is terrible - why is watching RAW every week the only way to hang out with your friends?

You're clearly shit at understanding analogies. I was inferring that the wrestlers themselves are your "friends"...you "know" them...they're big names that you will always associate with your love of wrestling...even in a shitty era. You're not going to stop watching WWE...because you still want to see those wrestlers that you enjoy seeing...much in the same way that people have friends who want to go to shitty bars or restaurants to hang out...and you'll go there, not because the bar or restaurant is somewhere you really have any interest in being, but because you want to see those people. That's how WWE works. To stop watching entirely would be to stop seeing those people that you enjoy seeing.

Also, I did not intend for anyone to read so deeply into a stupid post on the internet. I guess I forgot how annoying people were around here. The analogy makes perfect sense. If you failed to interpret it, then I guess it just "gets to a point when all the disappointment you feel is your own fault".

If you get so annoyed about 'stupid posts on the internet' then I have no idea why you come keep coming on this forum. And in response to you and Creep, surely debating and discussing this sort of thing is the entire point of a forum, rather than saying that other people are just 'crying about shit' which basically translates to *someone disagrees with me*. *censored*ing defend your point of view instead of insulting the other person because they don't have the same views as you. I mean surely we're all just 'crying about shit' but I won't use that to defend myself 'cos I'd rather have an actual debate.

And fine, I misunderstood your analogy, I thought it was meant to be more literal.

Except I don't watch anymore, at least live. I catch anything "interesting" other than NXT from third parties.

Fair enough, I didn't know that. Personally I haven't kept up with WWE(or wrestling in general) on a regular basis since late 2013 so I see your point.

Funny thing was, that in the past there was always an alternative product of some sort to switch to, that kept your interest in wrestling alive - so that you knew when WWE stepped up again. "Don't like it, go and watch something else". Okay, WCW, TNA, ROH It was all still wrestling.

Now they say that, and there's nothing else available to keep your interest in wrestling, so you lose the wrestling audience because they go away from wrestling for entertainment. And then it's much harder to get that audience back.

People keep saying "the business is cyclical, there's another boom soon". I don't think that applies any more, because aside from WWE, there is practically no other wrestling as easily available (God knows I'd watch NJPW and ROH if I could)

Hell, it's only really the games that kept my interest, and the old stuff. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a full WWE show.

How is it a cop out? If you hate something why torture yourself and force yourself to watch it over and over and over again? When there are other promotions or other things out there. I just don't get it. I understand wrestling is apart of our many childhoods but if you grow to hate it, take a break from it or drop out. In fact what keeps you coming back for more? Is it a specific wrestler/diva? A certain match? Or just watch the NXT portion maybe? Or if there's a match advertised you want to see watch that and then turn it off. Or just watch the ppv's?

In fact what keeps you coming back for more? Is it a specific wrestler/diva? A certain match? Or just watch the NXT portion maybe? Or if there's a match advertised you want to see watch that and then turn it off. Or just watch the ppv's?

I watch entire episodes of WWE for the sheer fact that "WWE" isn't just one thing...it's a menagerie of all sorts of things, and unless you have an entire preview of what will happen, then you simply don't know what to expect.

I come back for the hilarious comedy segments, which deliver a type of humor that cannot be found very easily (or at all) outside of WWE...New Day, Bo Dallas, etc.

I come back for the talents who deserve to have people watching them. Neville, Cesaro, Owens, Lucha Dragons, Rusev, a bunch of the NXT guys and girls, etc.

I come back for the nostalgia. I come back for the "holy shit" moments. I come back because I *censored*ing want to. I don't know why that's somehow disallowed or difficult to understand. There is plenty to still watch WWE for. But that doesn't make it impossible for people to also have negative thoughts on the product, and it doesn't make it a crime for them to complain about the things they dislike. I mean...what kind of black and white world do some of you people live in where "stop watching the entire show" is your idea of an acceptable reaction to being upset with the direction of it? If you want to stop watching, then I think you should. But there's no reason why the people who want to keep watching even though they're unhappy should be harassed for doing so. Their opinions are just as valid. You don't need to give up on something entirely in order to speak freely about it. That makes absolutely no sense.

I don't like some of the direction WWE is going, but they do know whats going on, they have amazing talent, Cesaro, Rusev, Barrett, Dolph, Ambrose, guys who aren't being used to there max capability, but I watch on a weekly basis because I been a fan almost all of my life, I love the company, Im into pro wrestling, in General just not the WWE.

There's a big different between enjoying somethings about the product and down right hating the ENTIRE product and complaining about every single thing. And even saying "I hate the product but I'm going to keep watching because it's all I have". Those are two different aspects and parties. In retrospect it is a black and white situation. If you hate it, don't want it or watch it as much. If you like it and understand there are still flaws then keep watching it. Not really the same situation at all from what I'm seeing at least. Also I haven't seen anyone technically harassed for enjoying the product. It's again the people who admit they hate the product but keep watching it because it's the only for sure weekly thing. That's like holding on to someone or something because a it's a familiarity there and it just feels like the normal for you.

Well what I do in my spare time is not relevant. However this is a forum. And whether someone likes the product or not is clearly something that is up for discussion. People also seem to be handling this in a mature fashion. However, if you can't handle that, I don't really know what to say.... :)

Well what I do in my spare time is not relevant. However this is a forum. And whether someone likes the product or not is clearly something that is up for discussion. People also seem to be handling this in a mature fashion. However, if you can't handle that, I don't really know what to say.... :)

I like you.

I like you.
I know this may sound forward but, umm,

I like your avi. Lol

I come back for the nostalgia. I come back for the "holy shit" moments. I come back because I *censored*ing want to. I don't know why that's somehow disallowed or difficult to understand. There is plenty to still watch WWE for. But that doesn't make it impossible for people to also have negative thoughts on the product, and it doesn't make it a crime for them to complain about the things they dislike. I mean...what kind of black and white world do some of you people live in where "stop watching the entire show" is your idea of an acceptable reaction to being upset with the direction of it? If you want to stop watching, then I think you should. But there's no reason why the people who want to keep watching even though they're unhappy should be harassed for doing so. Their opinions are just as valid. You don't need to give up on something entirely in order to speak freely about it. That makes absolutely no sense.

I agree.

Mic Foley is right, I think it's evident Sasha is the best in ring performer out of any Diva it's sad that she has taken a backseat to Paige

Did Becky get fired yesterday then?

Sasha is way better then Becky

This. It's really not even up for debate. You can LIKE Becky more, but Sasha is all around, one of the best performers in the entire company, male or female.

I agree.

Exactly. People need to realize that these shows cost money, and people who are fans of these products should be allowed to voice their opinions and get their moneys worth. So telling them to simply stop watching isn't helping at all.

Archived