Raw viewership drops below 3 million

glchitman

Nah, it's Roman Reigns and others. At least that's what they're showing me.

Theres always been that one GUY for the company, in the early 90s it was Bret, and others, then it was Austin and Others, then Cena and Others, and now in the future its Reigns and Others, thats how it goes. Always that one top guy, and then the other guys as his supporting cast.

No, there's been two guys. Bret and Shawn, Austin and Rock, Cena and Batista. Even Hogan had Savage and Warrior. Bret and Shawn fought for the top spot, Austin and Rock fought for the top spot, and Hogan and Savage were the top draws as Warrior was being built up.

Bret's time at the top was murdered by Hogan at WM9, by the time Bret got momentum again, the long term plan was to go with Shawn. Hogan was supposed to drop the belt to Bret at KOTR or Summerslam 93 but he pulled his usual political bull (he's too small to be credible) It's heavily reported that WWE were even testing publicity shots of Owen as Champion around that time. But then Vince had a hard on for Luger.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres always been that one GUY for the company, in the early 90s it was Bret, and others, then it was Austin and Others, then Cena and Others, and now in the future its Reigns and Others, thats how it goes. Always that one top guy, and then the other guys as his supporting cast.

No, there's been two guys. Bret and Shawn, Austin and Rock, Cena and Batista. Even Hogan had Savage and Warrior. Bret and Shawn fought for the top spot, Austin and Rock fought for the top spot, and Hogan and Savage were the top draws as Warrior was being built up.

Bret's time at the top was murdered by Hogan at WM9, by the time Bret got momentum again, the long term plan was to go with Shawn. Hogan was supposed to drop the belt to Bret at KOTR or Summerslam 93 but he pulled his usual political bull (he's too small to be credible) It's heavily reported that WWE were even testing publicity shots of Owen as Champion around that time. But then Vince had a hard on for Luger.

I remember that period in time. Bret was champ and had been defending the title for months and fans were well on his side, then suddenly Hogan comes back, and the massive Yokozuna wins the belt only to have Hogan take it from him in a few minutes because well Hogan had to have his belt back and vs a big opponent. Also during that time bigger guys like Diesel, Psycho Sid and Luger were heavily pushed but it was guys like Bret and HBK who put on the quality matches.

Michael Cole sold the hell out of Daniel Bryan at WM 30. It felt like I was hearing JR put Austin over. He really had emotion when selling Daniel's two matches. I was really impressed. "He's got Orton in the Yes Lock! One last chance for Bryan! One last chance for Bryan!" Also when Daniel was being stretchered out Cole sold that to death.

Well Reigns and Rollins will be the two guys then, that's what its looking like at least or so I'm hoping.

Too early to tell with Rollins. I hope he, Owens, and Cesaro become part of the top guys. Fighting for the top spot usually produces great results.

But after Hogan left, Bret and Shawn were the top star and headlined at least one Wrestlemania. Owen would have made for a good champion though, I thought he was better than Bret.

*Censored* Hogan though.

I don't think you can really compare Bret and Shawn to the likes of Hogan, Austin and Cena. The former were on top for a year or two, while the latter defined entire eras.

Well, they were still at the top, and I'm sure it was for longer than two years? I could be woefully wrong though.

As I said there will be another guy to go with Reigns to lead the future, question is will it be Seth, Owens, Cesaro, Finn, Ambrose ? Thats what the real question is. In my mind honestly the future looks great.

Given what we see right now, I am inclined to disagree.

You know what else can be done to change things around? How about cutting down on your shows?

SmackDown? Go away.

Superstars? Go away.

The 7 months of PPVs that are unnecessary? Go away.

Less is more, more is less. They don't need all of that TV programming.

You know what else can be done to change things around here? How about cutting down on your shows?

SmackDown? Go away.

Superstars? Go away.

Totally agree on this, I'd be happy with just going back to the original 4 PPVs a year and one weekly show and maybe a half hour show dedicated to backstage promos so guys could promote their characters. Less advertising plugs on Raw and for the love of god, get rid of video packages before matches at PPVs, they are a waste of time (show them during the pre-show) and they take away time that could be used for either backstage promos or the matches themselves.

You know what else can be done to change things around? How about cutting down on your shows?

SmackDown? Go away.

Superstars? Go away.

Or they could do the revolutionary idea of using everyone on their roster properly. There is absolutely no reason as to why guys like Fandango, R-Truth & Sandow have no storyline right now when they have so much TV time. They have like 10 hours of TV a week, why aren't Curtis Axel and Heath Slater in stories right now?

^ Actually, no. Keep the video packages on PPVs. That's one of WWE's strongest assets.

No it's not because they repeat them. They have them on the preshow already and then they replay each one during the ppv. That's a waste of production time that they could use on interviews or even adding another match to the card. Having them on both the pre-show and the PPV is overkill. They should just keep them to the pre-show and let the PPVs be interviews and matches.

SmackDown? Go away.

Superstars? Go away.

Or they could do the revolutionary idea of using everyone on their roster properly. There is absolutely no reason as to why guys like Fandango, R-Truth & Sandow have no storyline right now when they have so much TV time. They have like 10 hours of TV a week, why aren't Curtis Axel and Heath Slater in stories right now?

Maybe it's because, I don't know, they're not as good as people make them out to be? Maybe? R-Truth is a good hand to help elevate who WWE wants to elevate and he interacts with the crowd. Sandow they dropped the ball with. Everyone else, had their chances; bye.

There's too many hours of TV at a time where wrestling is not as hot as it was. So cut the fat already. NXT can pull off good shows and specials with the material that they have. Raw and SmackDown for some reason can't despite all of these hours of television and writing staff. No. Get rid of all that. There's no need for it.

SmackDown? Go away.

Superstars? Go away.

Maybe it's because, I don't know, they're not as good as people make them out to be? Maybe? R-Truth is a good hand to help elevate who WWE wants to elevate and he interacts with the crowd. Sandow they dropped the ball with. Everyone else, had their chances; bye.

There's too many hours of TV at a time where wrestling is not as hot as it was. So cut the fat already. NXT can pull off good shows and specials with the material that they have. Raw and SmackDown for some reason can't despite all of these hours of television and writing staff. No. Get rid of all that. There's no need for it.

And that's all the justification the WWE needs to push/elevate Cesaro, Dean Ambrose and co.

Some big company or billionaire needs to create or invest in a wrestling company to compete with these bastards so that the quality of programming can improve, WWE doesn't even try anymore, they don't need to.

You do know that Panda Energy (who owns TNA) is a multi-billion dollar company, right?

Must not give them much of a budget because it shows.

Archived