TNA Going To POP TV.

TNFNS

It's not just Time Warner...I have Comcast and I have it. I don't know if that changes anything...but I feel like the NYC region probably has access to Comcast.

Cable providers typically used in NY is Time Warner, Optimum, & DishTV...And Verizon. Comcast isn't nor has it ever been among the top cable providers for NYC.

33c26gj.jpg

It definitely is straight shit compared to what it used to be though. The new shows on Dest. America just look so cheap compared to what they used to be. They no longer have an actual announcers desk or actual commentators. It's the Pope & Josh Matthews doing voiceovers to the action accompanied by shitty 90's graphics. It's just soo bad, I feel bad for ECIII, I waited so long for that guy to be World Champ. And when he's finally done it, nobody is around to see it.

Why can't TNA just go away already

It is the Rasputin of wrestling promotions. Just when you think it will definitely be dead it isn't.

Rasputin did eventually get murdered though

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't understand the whole negativity.

Instead of being happy to have more than WWE on TV which also helps on pushing the WWE to offer something better, you go and kinda "complain" that another Show besides the WWE is alive by getting TV deals.

Just think which Show gave female wrestlers so many possibilities like steel cage matches, hardcore matches, main eventing, ladder matches, street fight matches among others and had also many awesome male wrestler matches all along while we were getting cena talking for 20-30 minutes, then another Superstar talking another 20-30 minutes out of a 2 hours show in the WWE.

I'm happy that Lucha Underground and TNA exist.

Wouldn't taryn and gail had made so much buzz with their matches down in TNA, NXT would had never been to what it is today for female wrestlers.

The first time they started giving the girls many chances and the main roster started getting more opportunities was exactly after they finally noticed that TNA was very successfull with their knockout matches.

Having other brands competing with the WWE is a good Thing, having no one will give the WWE the Monopol to "serve" us anything and us taking it because there is no alternative (besides the Indies which are not available to everyone) at all.

It also gives more male and female wrestlers a place to work outside of the wwe and the possibility to be on tv.

Because TNA has done everything wrong a wrestling promotion can do wrong.

From not paying theilr lower card wrestlers and women to the point that they have secondary jobs somewhere to punishing the loyalty of their wrestler by pushing them down the card as soon as a WWE star enters.

Next to that...cheap jabs at other promotions - not just WWE or even just wrestling - left and right, not following up on storylines and the refusal to stick with any idea on a consistent basis. Wether it's ONO events, that were first supposed to be "non-cannon" shows, then became parts of storylines and feuds and in the end became totally random. The way that they tape and announce stuff makes it impossible to make any sense out of the things that happen. (Like Austin Aries being officially released/fired) and then him showing up for weeks and weeks, because of the pre-taped stuff. Gimmick changes that aren't really gimmick changes and (once again) don't really make any sense on TV because of the Taping shedule. (Manik/TJ Perkins, Khoya, The Revolution, Jessie Godderz, Jeff Jarrett...). Title reigns that last a day or two in reality, but 3 months worth of Television (which is just against anything wrestling has ever etablished before. Even in a scripted reality...holding a title means something to most wrestlers.)

TNA is at a state where they are better off disbanding altogether and starting a new promotion at point 0, which would only work with complete different backstage scene people... So basically...everything new = End of TNA.

nearly the entire TNA KO division at the moment consists of people who either are former WWE wrestlers or didn't get into the WWE after a try-out. Also...Women of Honor are on a rise too.

There is also the case of TNA veterans (and I dare to even call them TNA Legends) leaving TNA over the past couple of years and months. Wether they only switched to GFW or actually left TNA at all. The number is scary. From a AJ Styles to a Sting. The promotion has lost its own identity and has what many people have called TNA since...forever. A retirement home for former WWE wrestlers.

And instead of proving the world wrong, by showing that TNA is ready, willing and able to build their own future and rely on their own-built stars...instead of building EC3 and Galloway up to the star status - that they had in the eyes of alot loyal fans - they put THE world title on Matt *censored*ing Hardy in 2016, who vacated the title a few days (or hours?) later on Twitter.

Last but not least... TNA had three different TV deals withing three years. There is no hope for this company.

TNA has been awful over the last few years with only minor signs of anything good but to be honest, the roster is thin as hell but its also packed full of people who actually deserve a chance and aren't just rejects from WWE. I'm by no chance saying that it'll end up being anywhere near what it used to be but if they keep pushing people like EC3 and Galloway over the likes of The Hardy boys and co then maybe it might become watchable. They just need to hurry up and pull the trigger on a EC3/Galloway feud over the title.

• 3 weeks later...

Clearly there's still hope for TNA if they keep getting TV deals. You have some talent who claim they don't get paid, yet you have guys like Aries & Matt Hardy, who weren't always in the main event who say they never had problems getting paid. MVP said they were rumors, and he also had no issues being paid. Yet they release the guy and now TNA is the worst...Right.

And they also DIDNT have a TV deal for each year. They've had one, two if you count POP now since they we're dropped from TNN/SpikeTV, which they had a pretty decent run on, from about '06, maybe earlier, to 2014. You can't count that as one TV deal for that first year, because they were on Spike for years before the program was finally cut.

Clearly there's still hope for TNA if they keep getting TV deals. You have some talent who claim they don't get paid, yet you have guys like Aries & Matt Hardy, who weren't always in the main event who say they never had problems getting paid. MVP said they were rumors, and he also had no issues being paid. Yet they release the guy and now TNA is the worst...Right.

And they also DIDNT have a TV deal for each year. They've had one, two if you count POP now since they we're dropped from TNN/SpikeTV, which they had a pretty decent run on, from about '06, maybe earlier, to 2014. You can't count that as one TV deal for that first year, because they were on Spike for years before the program was finally cut.

Aries & Matt Hardy were always high on the pay-roll list of TNA.

Ask Zema Ion or poor Jesse Sorensen if they were too.

TNA pays main eventers & their favourites always the big numbers and in-time, while others don't get that treatment.

Ask the production crew, who revealed to the public - Dixie Carter confirmed that they were infact late in payment, by calling them unprofessionals for going public with it - that TNA was months late in payment.

And MVP didn't get released. He left on his own and they offered him a much more lucrative contract, which he turned down, since his buddies - Low Ki & Kenny King - didn't get paid for their appearances.

MVP was released. He made a video right after and claimed they both agreed to part on amicable terms. Again, months is when his story began to change.

Zema Ion sure was working there for a pretty long time to supposedly not be being paid. I believe he still works for them.

Jesse Sorensen never claimed to have an issue with pay. His problem was that he says TNA didn't pay his medical bills when he had his neck injury and weren't paying him while he was out, despite him supposedly being a contracted talent.

Yeah, DJ Zema is still around.

And I remember the Jesse Sorenson story. Apparently his mom went bankrupt trying to pay his medical bills. :/ Thankfully he's been able to wrestle again, he even did some jobs at NXT recently.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived