Universe cutscenes

BeansOnToast

Just had Corbin vs Balor. After Corbin lost he punched out the ref in a cut scene and looked at Balor who is on the outside. Dunno if it's new but new to me.

I had that cut scene in my very first universe rivalry match and haven't seen any since. Still having a lot of fun with the game but universe mode seems to have been gutted a bit this year.

Ha, just had my second cut scene...

Rivalry is between X-Pac and Ken Shamrock, but the cut scene had Pac interfering on Shamrock's behalf instead of against him. Looks like we've still got that reversed crap from year's past *sigh*

Just had Corbin vs Balor. After Corbin lost he punched out the ref in a cut scene and looked at Balor who is on the outside. Dunno if it's new but new to me.

I had that cut scene in my very first universe rivalry match and haven't seen any since. Still having a lot of fun with the game but universe mode seems to have been gutted a bit this year.

Ha, just had my second cut scene...

Rivalry is between X-Pac and Ken Shamrock, but the cut scene had Pac interfering on Shamrock's behalf instead of against him. Looks like we've still got that reversed crap from year's past *sigh*

Yeah it still seems to be an issue, I had the Young Bucks vs The American Wolves and before the match Matt Jackson and Eddie Edwards clapped hands like they were tag partners. I think this issue has been around since the beginning of Universe modes existence.

After setting up allies and enemies and making sure rivals are enemies/allies with each other, I have been getting more cutscenes actually and now I'm having little bit more fun. Sadly there are still Rivalry matches that has no cutscenes, but still it's better now than before when I barely got any cutscense at all.

Yeah, it appears that most (if not all) cut scenes involving more than 2 people have the interactions reversed. Seems as if it would be any easy enough fix but I fear a patch would require us to restart our universe, so personally I'd prefer if they don't patch and just fix it in next year's game. Umm, but I believe I said the same thing last year...

Nope. Hardly any cutscenes for me either. I've done two months, with two brands (WWE & WCW) so two PPVs a month.

It seems ridiculously basic. We are in 2015, and despite this being a great game, the universe mode feels like something that could have been on a WWE game on the original Playstation. Let alone PS4!

We should have tonnes of cutscenes, backstage interviews that impact the whole story, ability to do run-ins, dealings and altercations with management, stable related stories, possible set ups of teams and possible turns on team mates, on-topic commentary where they discuss previous shows/PPVs/match history/title history etc

Wonderful game, WWE2K16 but Universe should be so, so much more!

Agreed. Universe has such amazing potential, but it falls really short.

It feels like they re slowly fazing the mode out or as if they didn't want it but decided to put it in at the last minute

I ve had more fun with exhibition than I did with universe mode, the break out feature alone is more fun than all the cutscenes I have seen in Universe (which aren't much)

I don't think they will take out Universe because its the only thing that will keep certain fans playing the game until the next game

• 6 months later...

Just signed up to this 'site to put my two cents in.

PC player here

Is it just me or did 2K15 seem to have a better universe mode? Not by much, but from what I've seen it was a lot easier to get cutscenes, you didn't have to make rivalries to get said cutscenes...

Don't get me wrong I love the arena and show additions but even when playing 2K15 I couldn't help but think back to my days of playing Smackdown 2 on the Playstation, the storylines it threw at you, the ability to take a falls count anywhere match pretty much anywhere amongst other things makes me wonder how 16 years later it seems that the 2K team have forgotten how important the backstage scenes, interviews and so on are just as important as the actual matches.

After playing 2K15 I figured I could make a fairly interesting wrestling series on my Youtube channel, but with 2K16 announced I held off, figuring it will be an improved 2K15 (which in a lot of ways it is), and all I'd have to do is badly commentate over it to facilitate a few stories here and there, to make up for the lack of backstage things. So I started that with 2K16, my rosters currently have 42 superstars and 6 divas, all now taking part in 2 major shows and 2 minor shows a week (minors not even carrying rivalries over like I'm sure they did on 2K15) and the PPV once a month and as everyone has pointed out it feels broken, missing anything to help the rivalries feel real.

Oh, two other things I've noticed, my Cruiserweight strap, while you can limit champions to being cruiserweights this does not stop the ranking adding anyone it feels like. Rivalry cannot understand the hardcore part of a Hardcore title either, putting them in the one on ones like everyone else.

WWE 2K15 had the major advantage of being able to choose your storylines, that was really cool and if you wanted something different, well, you could. Having cut-scenes for non-rivalry matches is something that I miss too and the universe was stronger I think ( my favorite memories are still on WWE'12 even if you couldn't reset it )

And also, if you interesting stories, I would suggest trying different kind of combination. Face & Heel vs Tag Team / Friend vs Friend, it can give you good stories

And also, if you interesting stories, I would suggest trying different kind of combination. Face & Heel vs Tag Team / Friend vs Friend, it can give you good stories

Do these give alternate cutscenes though? Because I'm thinking at this rate I may sack off the whole rivalry thing and just use my imagination and commentary to develop the story instead.

Do these give alternate cutscenes though? Because I'm thinking at this rate I may sack off the whole rivalry thing and just use my imagination and commentary to develop the story instead.

Had a few branching storylines with this

Randy Orton vs Sting : Orton won the match and Sting could leave, shake his hands or do a low-blow

Nikki Bella vs Tamina ( in feud with Brie ) : Brie gave her a chair and Nikki could use it or send it back to Brie

I also had Cesaro & Owens vs The Lucha Dragons, at first, you had cut-scenes where Cesaro and Owens couldn't stand eachother until Cesaro turned heel and then, the game put those two in a tag team

So, it doesn't improve it a lot but at least, it feels less repetitive. And since you are on PC, you could try this mod, don't really know about it but seems cool if you want to do a youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br2naHVAwCI

Had a few branching storylines with this

Randy Orton vs Sting : Orton won the match and Sting could leave, shake his hands or do a low-blow

Nikki Bella vs Tamina ( in feud with Brie ) : Brie gave her a chair and Nikki could use it or send it back to Brie

I also had Cesaro & Owens vs The Lucha Dragons, at first, you had cut-scenes where Cesaro and Owens couldn't stand eachother until Cesaro turned heel and then, the game put those two in a tag team

So, it doesn't improve it a lot but at least, it feels less repetitive. And since you are on PC, you could try this mod, don't really know about it but seems cool if you want to do a youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br2naHVAwCI

Ah that's good to know, just saw one, (mine are all CAWs so for simplicity) wrestler A in a non-rivalry match won a title from wrestler B and then in the next rivalry match Wrestler C was holding his arm injured and wrestler B stepped in against wrestler A, so there are a few different things going on, just gotta try and figure out how to squeeze them out haha.

As for that mod I think I'm going to look into that now and see how it is. Thanks!

Archived