Universe cutscenes

BeansOnToast

I've done a months worth of universe, I'm using 5 brands and I have 4 PPVs a month. Using rivalries but even with that I barely get any cutscenes. Each rivalry i've had has either had no cutscenes or have just played out as 1. Match 2. Walk out to commentary 3. Walk out at end of match and signify they want the title.

Legit curious to how/if people are getting loads of cutscenes because it just seems tedious to me at the moment. Also is there anyway to set specific rivalries? Like we could last year.

Nope. Hardly any cutscenes for me either. I've done two months, with two brands (WWE & WCW) so two PPVs a month.

It seems ridiculously basic. We are in 2015, and despite this being a great game, the universe mode feels like something that could have been on a WWE game on the original Playstation. Let alone PS4!

We should have tonnes of cutscenes, backstage interviews that impact the whole story, ability to do run-ins, dealings and altercations with management, stable related stories, possible set ups of teams and possible turns on team mates, on-topic commentary where they discuss previous shows/PPVs/match history/title history etc

Wonderful game, WWE2K16 but Universe should be so, so much more!

Yeah so far i've only seen these 5 cut scenes over and over again

1. Rival walks out and sits beside the commentators.

2. Challenger walks out on stage after match and signifies that he wants the belt.

3. Champion runs in after the match and hits challenger in the head with the belt.

4. After the rival beats you in a match he continuously stomps you afterwards.

5. Rival attacks you on your way to the ring and slams your head into the steps.

I'm sure theres probably 2 maybe 3 cut scenes for a tag rivalry but i don't play that many tag matches.

I swear this as bare bones and basic as i've ever seen Universe Mode in a long time. Someone needs to ask 2K exactly how many cutscenes are in Universe Mode this year cause the ways its looking is theres only like 5 for single rivalry's probably les for tags.

It feels like they re slowly fazing the mode out or as if they didn't want it but decided to put it in at the last minute

I ve had more fun with exhibition than I did with universe mode, the break out feature alone is more fun than all the cutscenes I have seen in Universe (which aren't much)

I've getting cut scenes but their all the same. Their like this.

Attack before match

Wrestler comes out to ringside to manage

Wrestler comes out to watch, causing distraction mid match

Attack from behind after match win and reverse the fight throwing the attacker out

The tag teams have just been attacks

Last year when you could select the story had much more cutscenes and was actually better.

I'm only two months in but I've seen a decent variety. I'm not expecting every cut scene to be absolutely unique but as Universe progresses and I see more outcomes I'll see more scenes, because some seem to be setting up different outcomes depending on who wins or loses the match. I just saw one I don't think I saw in previous editions of the game where if one rival wins a match against someone else, the other rival comes out and they have a confrontation and brawl on the steps while security tries to pull them apart.

I'm also seeing a tag team break-up storyline between the Ascension. They argued at the beginning of a match over who would be in the ring and when they lost blamed each other. Then I just did a match where Viktor came out with Konnor as manager. When Victor got beaten down to red health Konnor just bailed entirely and left him there. I've seen this get set up in other matches but with different outcomes.

Maybe this is stuff in previous editions. I've been pretty satisfied with the stories so far. Mostly I just like to wrestle the matches and the stories add some neat wrinkles.

I've noticed you HAVE to put guys in rivalries as actual rivals. Like I've noticed some rivalries could go a few months without doing this. If you put the guy you're feuding with to the highest heat you should get more cut scenes. It's helped me but again I could be beating a dead horse.

I'm only two months in but I've seen a decent variety. I'm not expecting every cut scene to be absolutely unique but as Universe progresses and I see more outcomes I'll see more scenes, because some seem to be setting up different outcomes depending on who wins or loses the match. I just saw one I don't think I saw in previous editions of the game where if one rival wins a match against someone else, the other rival comes out and they have a confrontation and brawl on the steps while security tries to pull them apart.

I'm also seeing a tag team break-up storyline between the Ascension. They argued at the beginning of a match over who would be in the ring and when they lost blamed each other. Then I just did a match where Viktor came out with Konnor as manager. When Victor got beaten down to red health Konnor just bailed entirely and left him there. I've seen this get set up in other matches but with different outcomes.

Maybe this is stuff in previous editions. I've been pretty satisfied with the stories so far. Mostly I just like to wrestle the matches and the stories add some neat wrinkles.

Those were in previous games. I've had the 2 wrestlers start brawling on the ramp and had to be separated by security in the Universe mode of WWE '13 and WWE 2K14(they were also cutscenes in the now-defunct Story Designer mode).

I've noticed you HAVE to put guys in rivalries as actual rivals. Like I've noticed some rivalries could go a few months without doing this. If you put the guy you're feuding with to the highest heat you should get more cut scenes. It's helped me but again I could be beating a dead horse.

Also bit of a noob question. I've always assumed 5 was a more severe rival than say 2. So 5 is the top rival but am I wrong and is it actually 1 that is the main rival with say number 4 being not as big a rival?

Also bit of a noob question. I've always assumed 5 was a more severe rival than say 2. So 5 is the top rival but am I wrong and is it actually 1 that is the main rival with say number 4 being not as big a rival?

I believe 5 is most severe

I believe 5 is most severe

Thanks. That's what I thought.

I always do that. Did so in the previous years and got TONS of cutscenes. This year there aren't quite as many

Archived