WWE2K17 Wishlist

Ernez

A music upload tool in the same vein as the logo uploader. It may be way far-fetched because of the file sizes and such but I hope 2K would be able to find a way.

File size problem can easily be solved with a limited amount of bits every player can use.

Copyright on the other hand could be a real problem, since 2k would have these licensed songs on their own servers

Yep.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder, could 2K not link through the internet to youtube and use audio (and maybe video for the titantron) from there without directly downloading it? Thus it would be on youtube and the uploader to ensure there's no copyright issue, no?

I won't pretend to know if that's viable of course, just a suggestion that popped in to my head.

I'm kinda over the showcases. I'm ready for an actual career/season mode similar to the old SmackDown games. I don't really like the idea of having pre-set career modes for certain performers, I think that there should be broad stories that anyone can be a part of but it'd be cool if certain stars would have slightly different outcomes that go along with their characters. Oh and if there is a season/career mode, make the female characters playable too please. The women have fans who want to play as them in stories as well.

If they must do more showcases, can we get a female ones? I wouldn't mind reliving Lita or Trish's careers because it included the likes of Stephanie McMahon, Jazz, Molly Holly, Victoria, Ivory, Jacqueline & Mickie James who I'd love to see in the game as well.

Oh and if there is a season/career mode, make the female characters playable to please. The women have fans who want to play as them in stories as well.

This. It's a game, they need to lift the restrictions. In our game a Diva should be able to come out on top and defeat the best if that's what the player wants. Fiction should be fun.

Being able to have Royal Rumble matches and Elimination Chamber matches in different arenas.

Many fans want to have a WarGames-esque match using the Elimination Chamber match in a custom made WCW arena like Fall Brawl etc.

A lot of fans want to have their Legends/Hall Of Fame rumble matches in the classic royal rumble arenas, raw/smackdown arenas and even in other customized arenas.

Universe mode:

- Assign a manager to a Superstar/Tag Team

- Qualifying matches for Money in the Bank, Elimination Chamber and Royal Rumble

OMG Moments:

- Coast to Coast in the corner with trash can

- Orton's elevated DDT from the barricade

New Weapons:

- MITB briefcase

- Garbage Can

- Garbage Can Lid

- Stop sign

- Guitar

- Nightstick

Creation Suit:

- More Hairstyles

- Body hair

Matches:

- Chair Match

- Casket Match

- 2 vs 2 vs 2 Tornado / Normal

- 2 vs 2 vs 2 Ladder

- 2 vs 2 vs 2 TLC

- 4 vs 4 Elimination / Normal Tag

- 5 vs 5 Elimination / Normal Tag

Gameplay:

- When opponent is sit in the corner you can put a trash can in the head and then you can do a running atack or a OMG MOMENT (Coast to Coast)

- When someone perform a taunt the opponent have more chances to reversal the next move

- Break the taunt when you want

- Improve Elimination Chamber, Royal Rumble, and Steel Cage Matches

Maybe add more custom entrance music since we can't use our own. Hell's Demon, the Olympist, Betta have my money etc; is starting to get old... More stage parts like the WCW steel stage logos. And maybe something like being able to create a match gimmick such as the WCW triple cage match.

For them to stop making 6 of the same character and just making them has attires and leave room for more characters

doesn't work that way, buddy

ik that its just stupid to have 5 or 6 Austins in the game when his moves never really changed

Yeah, they could have been alternate attires. But that wouldn't mean more roon for wrestlers in the game. Because there is no room to begin with

Oh and if there is a season/career mode, make the female characters playable to please. The women have fans who want to play as them in stories as well.

This. It's a game, they need to lift the restrictions. In our game a Diva should be able to come out on top and defeat the best if that's what the player wants. Fiction should be fun.

The problem is, even if it is a game, it is designed to simulate real-life WWE programming. There was a reason why going outside and diving from an overhead helicopter and a tossing someone from a high-rise skyscraper was removed...

Beyond the fact that WWF/E New York aka The World no longer exists anymore, doing stuff like that wasn't realistic and WWE's asked for a more realistic approach in its games since Here Comes the Pain was released.

Likewise, in recent years, they've also requested implementation of a gender restriction, because it was due to complains from sponsors and detractors (those against men-on-women/women-on-men violence) that WWE had to comply and restrict women to only battling other women and ditto for men, and due to stereotypes of women being characterized as not as powerful as men and being easier to hurt, women were thus, restricted also from ultra-violent matches such as Hell in the Cell and Elimination Chamber. Since only 3 women have been in the Royal Rumble (one of whom WWE refuses to acknowledge publicly, for obvious reasons), women have also been barred from this popular fan-favorite PPV match-up. To also avoid objectifying women (beyond them dressing in skin-tight, skimpy clothes), the Bra & Panties/Fulfill Your Fantasy match has been nixed, ever since WWE became family-friendly again. You can't really blame WWE entirely though, it's the political correctness/world police/The Network Censors aka the Parent's Television Council in league with the Federal Communications Commission who force WWE to be toned down and not as lax as it used to be. As long as we live in such a world and so many continue to be offended by such behavior, we won't get these things back ever again. Deal with it.

I wonder, could 2K not link through the internet to youtube and use audio (and maybe video for the titantron) from there without directly downloading it? Thus it would be on youtube and the uploader to ensure there's no copyright issue, no?

I won't pretend to know if that's viable of course, just a suggestion that popped in to my head.

The problem is, that copyright holders, WWE included, do tend to remove fan-uploaded themes and such, especially if it is of a person they want to remove from history (Benoit, Hogan, Snuka, Punk, etc.) or if it's someone Vince has had bad history with (Jarrett). Even if you're making non-wrestling fictional characters like The Terminator, those who own the rights to the film's signature theme would file a copyright claim and have the song removed. Copyrights exist for a reason and those who own the rights want their fair share of what's rightfully theirs, as opposed to people uploading music/videos without paying and others using YouTube download tools to take them from YouTube for their own personal use.

A submission system that isn't a complete broken joke and some variety in match pacing, every match is a typical Brawler fair. Knock em down, stomp em, grapple, reverse, rinse, repeat. Maybe also animate a decent stomp if so much of the game is spent on your back, often after the 1st move of the match. Just so slow and mundane early days for me and combined with the horrendous submission system I may be done with this series soon

For them to stop making 6 of the same character and just making them has attires and leave room for more characters

If we were able to edit each attire slot as if it's its own individual, then there would be no need for 5 Austins or 3 Takers. Until then, they'll keep making them independent characters. You would think they would have found a way to do that by now though. At least for entrances. They (Yukes) have programmed it before where if you chose Shawn Michaels' DX attire, he would come out in his DX entrance. So I'm sure it's possible.

-Removable/replaceable hair and facial hair for superstar edits.

-Removable/replaceable face paint for superstar edits.

-Ability to add custom music to the game through 2K's own dedicated system (much like logo import).

-If there are obscure characters in the game, they should have their better-known gimmicks as well.

-Either fix or remove the current submissions system. It's pure garbage.

-All of the actual wrestler's call names should be selectable for caws (why is this not already true?)

-Ability to copy NPC models and save them as playable CAWs.

Pretty much this sums up my biggest hopes for WWE 2K17.

Storyline creating / editing to be reinstated. Ability to also make "universe" cutscenes.

Universe to feature more branching stories, and the ability to edit title matches, Royal Rumble participants etc.

"Cutscene" attire to be given to all superstars, and caws. We had this back in Raw 2 on the Xbox!

Ability to tailor matches, If I want to have an elimination battle royal with pinfall and submission, instead of over the top - then I should be able to.

2K and WWE to offer regular updates, to reflect real changes (titan tron music attire) through the game's lifespan. We have Rusev still carrying the Russian flag for example.

More preset entrance animations. Classic superstars etc.

Corner taunts.

All superstars to have individual "wake up" finishing taunts (like Orton has for the RKO)

Here's my list, first four probably won't happen, the last nine have a good chance hopefully. Will add more if I think of any.

1. The ability to create our own entrance videos in game. Give us 10-15 different backrounds and texts to mess around with, and then let us add in recorded clips like WWE 13 and it will be fine. Just allow more than 2 different text screens this time, even 4 would be fine.

or/and

The ability to upload videos (with no sound) to community creations. Videos would have to be rendered at a certain resolution and have a time limit. I'm not really sure if this is even possible but it would be awesome.

2. Try and find a way for us to get custom music in the game, if you can't at least let us use the in game soundtrack.

3. Rehaul Create an Entrance, keep easy creations the same but advanced needs to be far more advanced. Instead of cuting the entrance into intro/stage/ramp/etc. We should just be able to pick our path to the ring, and then add actions from there as they apply. For example lets say the first "entrance path" option just walking straight out, down the ramp, up the apron and into the ring. From there we can edit if he where/when he stops. If he's walking/jogging/running/stopping as he goes etc. Give us the ability to use in game taunts at certain points during the entrance, as well as other actions like slapping hands with fans, corner poses, different ways to climb the apron/stairs/etc.

4. Create a Comeback

5. Give us the option to link one side of the face to the other when morphing created wrestlers faces. As of now it's nearly impossible to make it perfect, especially the eyes.

6. Stables with Men and Women.

7. If someone has a manager in Universe, make them actually use them. I always have to add Xavier Woods as a manager and it's probably messing up the cutscenes I'm getting.

8. On that last note, make sure Xavier has a trombone entrance and the option to play it when using him as a manager. I'd pay 20 dollars for the alone if it was DLC.

9. Create a story.

10. Either make it so you can use everyone in My Career mode. Just make it so NXT guys skip training, and Main Roster guys skip NXT. If you pick a champion you start as a champion.

11. Continue to improve My Career, it's already so much better this year but theres still more room for improvement. Give us more control, let us walk around backstage during the shows, and the ability to go to the training center to improve certain attributes.

12. The option to make someone the GM of a certain show in Universe. This way we could assign HHH and Stephanie for example of the GM's of Raw and Smackdown and they would get involved in storylines without having to wrestle.

13. The option to make someone a part timer. This way we don't get Undertaker vs Heath Slater on some random Raw. Make it so they just randomly show up and start a rilvary with someone like it really happens.

1. NO entrance gear only options.... If i want my caw to wear a hat,jacket, cape whilst fighting then i should be able to

2. AI to be smarter, if he has an ability like diving moves, then he should climb turnbuckle more often ..... etc.

3. Stop removing stuff from create a superstar mode... from designs to clothes, moves,entrances.. everything .....we want more not less

4. talking of moves..... are these makers even wrestling fans, let alone wwe fans..... how many installments of the game is there and yet we've still not got moves that past wrestlers use.... moves like Earthquakes finisher (i think it appeared in 1 game when he was DLC)....But cmon if your making a wrestling game, you should know moves are a key part.

5. more caw names, should be hundreds, shouldnt be hard to get them to say names, like if Lillian Garcia has said them for years.... so its not like she has to same them every year.... but each year they should be adding more.....

6. backstage areas..... so youre saying ps1, ps2, gamecube and those console had awesome backstage areas.... whilst next gen gets no backstage areas.

7. custom music, yes i know ive heard the excuses like its not 2k's fault...... but cmon next gen consoles, yet old gen has it.

8. move selection..... like in grapple ground at feet..... wheres all moves.... should be way more we can use.....but they limit us.

9. match types, so many missing..... why remove what was once in.....2v2v2 or i quit matches, buried alive.......should be so many match types added.... strap match.... on a pole match... etc... oh and i noticed they've removed elimination matches on fatal 4 ways etc.... also add back in the match stips.... like 10 counts/20 counts....if its a nodq ..... what weapons under ring... time limit.. we should be able to chose the settings of the match

10. NO on screen HUD's.... yes we can turn the ones at the bottom off... but i dont want to see bars when pinning or in a submission.... hate on screen info.... you dont watch WWE and see that crap, neither should we

11. Keep legends every year, what's point in having some some 1 year then not the next.... Look at all legends theyve had in previous games, Doink, Earthquake, L.O.D etc.... we've had them before, so why not have them in every year...... Roster could have been even bigger...

Shawn Michaels Showcase would be amazing. That or Undertaker, most of my other thoughts have been covered in here.

Be worth it just for the rivalry he had with Bret alone. If they do get Angle on a Legends contract then I can't see anything stopping it. (His rivalry with Angle has to be in there)

Undertaker showcase likewise, but to be honest, 2k16 was the golden opportunity for that one (and who knows, maybe the loss of Hogan nixed that one? )

Until WWE repair the rift, the absence of Mr Bollea puts the khibosh on quite a few showcase scenarios. (Taker, Savage, Flair, Sting to name four)

Archived