WWE2K17 Wishlist

Ernez

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really hoping Jason Jordan, Chad Gable, Scott Dawson, Dash Wilder, Tye Dillinger, Nakamura and La Sombra make it in as well, but Sombra is probably not making it. It would be nice to have Corey Graves and David Otunga just as bonus characters, I mean why not? Seriously need create a titan/minitron feature and custom soundtracks as well.

I'm really hoping Jason Jordan, Chad Gable, Scott Dawson, Dash Wilder, Tye Dillinger, Nakamura and La Sombra make it in as well, but Sombra is probably not making it. It would be nice to have Corey Graves and David Otunga just as bonus characters, I mean why not? Seriously need create a titan/minitron feature and custom soundtracks as well.

La Sombra wrestled a dark match at Takeover so maybe his debut isn't that far away. I think he could end up being DLC like Joe. As for the others I think Nakamura is highly likely and American Alpha and The Revival seem likely too. Not sure about Dillinger though.

Graves and Otunga won't be in, its bizarre that Graves wasn't in 2k16 so I just don't see them putting him back in next year sadly.

La Sombra wrestled a dark match at Takeover so maybe his debut isn't that far away. I think he could end up being DLC like Joe. As for the others I think Nakamura is highly likely and American Alpha and The Revival seem likely too. Not sure about Dillinger though.

Graves and Otunga won't be in, its bizarre that Graves wasn't in 2k16 so I just don't see them putting him back in next year sadly.

True, I'm also curious as to who will be the pre-order DLC this year. I'm assuming its likely Mike Tyson or someone else along those lines. Another option that should be in 2K17 is ability to edit hair and facial hair on in-game superstars.

I think Santino is in because they pretty much just kept eveyone from 2k15, like thats the only reason that guys like Adnan are in which makes it even weirder that Graves is out.

I think the pre-order bonus is going to be a non-wrestler again as they've pretty much used all the big names who had never been in a WWE game before. I'd like it to be Kurt Angle but I don't see it happening.

I think Santino is in because they pretty much just kept eveyone from 2k15, like thats the only reason that guys like Adnan are in which makes it even weirder that Graves is out.

I think the pre-order bonus is going to be a non-wrestler again as they've pretty much used all the big names who had never been in a WWE game before. I'd like it to be Kurt Angle but I don't see it happening.

I'd imagine it's distancing themselves from the concussion issues.

I would like more hair options in general. Ability to tie any long hair style into all types of pony tails. Multiple front hair options like in the old N64 days.

Smackdown vs Raw 2006 style lobbies. Seeing this again is a pipedream at this point but ill never stop wishing.

Skin color being changable on the face when you use import face. It changes but it goes right back when you go to another option.

Custom themes. Whether through Youtube or something. I just want this back in.

I hope the roster is as up to date as possible as I'm sure everyone does. For example, Maryse coming back is something that I hope will be reflected in the game, even if it is just as a "manager" slot. I also wish the weapon physics, and the directional throws worked better. I thought the best game for that was 2011.

One thing i want in the next game that's really annoyed me for a few years is to give every superstar in the game full trons, i.e. mini, wall, banner, header, etc. Obviously the modern stars have all of that but guys like Stone Cold, who still makes appearances, is stuck with the Attitude minitron when he's had full graphics for his entrances for years. Even guys like Vader, DDP, etc. have that yet not in game. Hell, if Dustin Rhodes can get at least a minitron, surely they can give one to Austin!

So with Xbox and PS4 possibly linking their online content for games what are the chances we eventually get Caws available to download no matter the system they originate from?

I haven't seen anyone bring it up

Having been an avid player of WWE games since way back to WWF Warzone. I thought I'd give my thoughts on what I'd like to see.

General gameplay:

• More than 6 people in the ring at a time, this'd be great for Royal Rumble and stable matches. We could have 8 in PS2's Smackdown Just Bring It so why hasn't it been in a game since? Give us the 10-man Survivor series match already!
  • If the above is not possible, we should at least have ALL of the removed match types and customisation options over the years brought back such as.
  • 1v1 with 2 managers
  • Lumberjack matches
  • Handicap match variations (Hell in a Cell, cage, 2vs1, 3vs1, 4vs1, 5vs1, 4vs2, 3vs2 etc. tag/tornado options)
  • Special referee matches
  • Inferno match
  • I quit match
  • Stretcher match
  • 2 out of 3 falls match where we can choose the match type for each round (Should be saveable in Universe mode)
  • Tag-team/6-man tag Hell in a Cell match (Both tornado and tag)
  • Proper hardcore matches with more weapon variety, shouldn't have to change settings just to be able to have a hardcore match
  • Way more moves, add all of the old ones back in as well as some new ones.
  • More spots, should be able to take off the corner turnbuckle as any heel without it being an OMG moment, and then have the option to snake eyes somebody into it instead as well as the usual irish whip. Being able to interact with the corner posts again would be nice, low blow/figure 4 around the ring post anyone?
  • Rope-break, we should have until the count of 5 to break a submission or risk DQ, More interaction with announce tables and surrounding items. Hit an opponent with a monitor/water bottle, spit water into opponents eyes, hit with microphone, choke with some cabling, hit your oponent with the announce table cover, heck even put JBL's hat on :)
  • Fighting in the crowd areas, be good for street fights/falls count anywhere/hardcore
  • More weapon animations/sound fx. Throwing somebody into the steps on 2K16 sounds more like a tap rather than a crash. Set ladders up between ring and barricade/announce table. stack ladders inside one another.
  • Better weapon physics, when I do a move onto a chair/ladder/steps the person receiving the move should react to it as such, falling through the cell roof onto some steps should do major damage, not just push the steps to one side as they hit the mat.
  • Royal Rumble, needs an overhaul, let stamina play more of a role in it the longer you're in the match. You see in real life some people sat in the corner regaining stamina while 2 or 3 guys face off. On the games it seems all we do is have limited moves and knock people over with the same few animations, rinse and repeat.
  • Weight detection, I have this turned on in my game yet guys like Neville and Zayn can still suplex big show with ease.
  • More blood, should worsen as the match progresses. Unlikely due to PG but have it set as "off" by default to keep the kids happy.
  • I like the abiity to interfere during somebody's entrance this year, however it could be taken further. When attacking in Universe mode, if player 1 attacks the guy walking down, player 2 should be able to defend as him. There should also be no time limit on how long you can brawl outside before the match gets thrown out. As soon as both guys enter the ring the bell should then ring, not 2 mins after you've been in the ring. The person who is making the entrance should have the option to attack also, if you hit the prompt before they've come out at the stage they could run in from a ringside area and attack the person waiting in the ring.

Managers/Tag-team match ideas

• Illegal man/manager should be able to distract the referee while the legal man uses a weapon/submissions in the ropes etc.
  • Illegal man/manager should be able to put partner's foot on the rope if it looks as though they aren't gonna kick out. I like the way managers pull the ref out of the ring this year during a pinfall.
  • More double-team moves, ability to do standing double team moves should also be brought back, whenever I grapple with my partner near me it just goes into a grapple move instead of a grapple stance like in previous years. I understand this gives a better match flow but we should be able to hold a button in to get to that stance state.
  • When playing an elimination tag match in which I'm controlling the entire team, I shouldn't only be able to control the illegal man once a member has been eliminated, this is stupid!

Universe mode: This should be the main thing that get's focused on as for me and I'm sure many others, it's the only mode with re-playability value. I think it'd be cool to see some of the following.

• They seem to have removed all elements of the draft in Universe mode's settings. Bring back the inter-promotional matches the night after Raw where the winning superstar gains a draft pick for his show, that was ace.
  • Should be able to assign a manager to a superstar who appears in every match/cutscene where possible. Managers could wait outside the HiaC and get involved should the fight spill to the outside of the cell what with it being no DQ
  • Be able to assign a superstar/diva/DLC/NPC/Custom character as the general manager for that show that could then play a role in cutscenes.
  • Show intros with custom music that then lead into the first match. I love the way there's no loading screen between entrances this year!
  • Re-invent the loading screens between matches, be able to set each show a custom soundtrack song that can be playing while it comes up with the "next match" graphic or have it pan around the arena while loading.
  • We should be able to change the characters in a Money in the bank match without it just turning into a plain 6-man ladder match, you could also have cutscenes exclusively for the MitB winner like hoax cash-ins (Like Sheamus did recently). I'd also like to see it bringing back random cash ins after a match has been played rather than having to simulate the match just to get to the cash in itself as this takes away from the realism. The ring announcer should also introduce them as Mr. Money in the Bank until they cash in, they can do it with champion announcing so why not this too? There's apparently an introduction for Seth Rollins if you have him win MitB so it is possible. Having them also carry the briefcase during their entrances would be cool too, can even be sitting at ringside to use as a weapon.
  • Backstage branching promo/interview segments, doesn't have to have voice work in but it'll help when choosing certain characters career paths.
  • Add more variables to rivalries, in real life a rivalry usually has the actual fight take place at a PPV and the weeks leading up consist of attacks, cheap wins, and tag-team encounters. Having the same 2 stars face eachother week in, week out for an entire month takes away the excitement of them actually meeting on PPV.
  • Interference in matches, both manual and random. Used to love having a match and one of my rivals would come out with a steel chair in hand. Why they took this out is beyond me because it was critical in setting up new fueds and cutscenes. Speaking of which...
  • We need way more cutscenes, even WWE '13 and 2K14 had more than the most recent game. Put all of the old cutscenes back in and add more! WWE is all about storytelling. Matches alone don't add the backstory of WHY these 2 are facing off.
  • #1 contender matches for every title, should be able to set them in the same way we choose a title match.
  • Double-title matches, apparently it can be done this year but should be made more simple to do.
  • Have more than 2 shows host a PPV, I have 3 rosters in my Universe, RAW, SD and WCW, yet only RAW and SD can dual-host a PPV. I could set up seperate PPV's exclusively for WCW but don't want to be having a PPV every second week.
  • Royal Rumble - Again we should be able to change the character in a RR match without it no longer putting them in the automatic RR-Mania after story.

That's all for now but I'm sure I'll add more if I think of them. These are purely things based on my own experiences of playing the last few games.

another thing as far as the GM Mode is imagine if they applied the cut scenes in the wwe universe when you book the rivalry matches but apply that to the GM Mode of 2007 SVR In the wwe 2k17 possible GM Mode so when you set up storylines You can

watch the unfold in cutscenes

A faction system separate from tag teams. For example, the New Age Outlaws were ALWAYS announced as the New Age Outlaws. So, in 2k14, I always had to choose between putting them in DX as the tag team, or making them a separate team. The Acolytes had a similar problem. They were always The Acolytes, even in the Ministry.

So, the way it would work is that individual tag teams, superstars, and even managers could be assigned to a faction. This basically treats all the faction members like tag team members (tag teams, by the way, would now be limited to 3 members), and members of the faction would be announced as representing the Faction. For example, the Acolytes would be announced as follows "Representing the Ministry of Darkness: Bradshaw and Farooq, The Acolytes."

Trio entrances, too. We STILL have not a single generic trio entrance, and there are still only 5.

Full faction entrances, and more than 1 person at ringside.

And 10-man tag matches so we can FINALLY have a proper Survivor Series tag match

Also no lights for entrances, like in Jericho's or Bray's

Archived