Sabu by The D - Angle help needed!

The D

Sure, but surely it shouldn't look that bad ingame? CAWs in old games never used to and this is just an edited face texture from SvR 2007. I've used it before and it's been great ingame.

Its nothing to do with the texture going darker. Its how the lighting works in the game now. The source of the light is closer in caw mode which is why stuff appears lighter.

As for the outlines being darker, that is due to both the markings (where you placed them on when making the face) and the lighting. Kinda acts like normal and ambient occlusion textures which the in-game models have.

My experience thus far is ,if anything, make the skin tone on the face a tad lighter than the rest of the body. For some reason, the lighting in game makes the face look darker. I had to adjust all of my CAWs this way. Makes no sense of course, but it seems to work. Angle is definitely looking good, BTW

Sure, but surely it shouldn't look that bad ingame? CAWs in old games never used to and this is just an edited face texture from SvR 2007. I've used it before and it's been great ingame.

Its nothing to do with the texture going darker. Its how the lighting works in the game now. The source of the light is closer in caw mode which is why stuff appears lighter.

As for the outlines being darker, that is due to both the markings (where you placed them on when making the face) and the lighting. Kinda acts like normal and ambient occlusion textures which the in-game models have.

Makes sense, but the issue is that CAW mode is what you go by to make the face. I checked it at stages ingame as well.

It's just overly frustrating. Surely it shouldn't be so awkward? Sabu didn't look any different ingame and nor did one of my originals so I'm just confused as to why Angle looks so different. It's a shame because it's pretty much made him unplayable for me.

Makes sense, but the issue is that CAW mode is what you go by to make the face. I checked it at stages ingame as well.

It's just overly frustrating. Surely it shouldn't be so awkward? Sabu didn't look any different ingame and nor did one of my originals so I'm just confused as to why Angle looks so different. It's a shame because it's pretty much made him unplayable for me.

You would of got lucky with Sabu when selecting the skin tone. The amount of times I'v messed that up is alot (I had to re-do my Owen face 4 times due to it). Even when I thought it matched, in-game it was the skin was slightly lighter than the face photo.

Its sad that we have to worry about something such as skin tone as we cannot edit it.

In the end, it comes down to the skin tone and the texture not matching. If you get that perfect in caw mode, then it will be fine in match. The reason it looks different in a match is because of that, and due to the lighting being different compared to caw mode. This makes it look drastic when in-fact, the skin tone and texture is the exact same in caw mode and in match. Its just one of those things sadly.

It's not just down to the skin colour though, is it? Like you said, it's the lighting ingame too. I don't think I have the patience for it any more to be honest. I just miss the old days, haha...

D

I totally sympathise with you, I think 2K really need to make sure moving forward caw mode mirrors in game lighting, even the colour adjustments for attire edits is worse this year, with black looking blue and colours looking too saturated and you can't set the specific numbers to the colours one by one and in the superstar edit mode they look different to in game it must be even worse for caw textures.

This game alone doesn't feel quite right for me I've been playing since Royal Rumble on Sega every wwf/wwe game since 1992 would you believe lol. But although the game is solid in some things it's totally off in others.

Silly things like Flair not having his normal music to a lot of the modern minitrons removed to still no extra themes to support lack of custom music and things like evolutions theme removed but evolution pre set entrances retained. The commentary still repeats badly. No new matches you'd think by now the casket matches would be a lock with the undertakers long association and inferno returned improved, special ref, I quit etc. No crowd or stage areas accessible still. You can't grab the title belt or bell in the corner. They have 5 different match types that all do the same thing weapons and no dq.

A lot little stuff but it all adds to the presentation / expierence and bringing it back to cawing that is where guys like you and other creators take the sting out a bit with solid creations but even that now is suffering.

I think I'm losing my interest, this year was the first year I never bothered pre ordering and I haven't even purchased the DLC at all which I equally do in advance I can see me dropping this game before Christmas I struggle to keep interested now and that really isn't like me I normally defend these games.

But to sum it up something is missing the magic for me is wearing off, I hope you find a smarter way of working to avoid this issue with support from the other caw makers.

Archived