Random WCW 97-98 Era Arena Thread (Clash of the Champions XXXV UPLOADED on PS4))

HovaThaGod32

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God I hope you guys keep posting WCW PPVs! These are great!

lol that's all I'm interested in. Kinda holding out for PC (if it releases) so I can really have an all WCW 97-98 game.

Hova, thank you for creating and uploading these for the PS4! I feel like I just got a brand new WCW game - These take me right back to my childhood!! Will you be uploading the rest of them for PS4 as well?

God I hope you guys keep posting WCW PPVs! These are great!

lol that's all I'm interested in. Kinda holding out for PC (if it releases) so I can really have an all WCW 97-98 game.

Hova, thank you for creating and uploading these for the PS4! I feel like I just got a brand new WCW game - These take me right back to my childhood!! Will you be uploading the rest of them for PS4 as well?

yes sir. I'm waiting for more slots, before I go into 99

• 2 weeks later...

updated arena looks from PS4 are now on XBOX One with the exception of Uncensored '97 and Fall Brawl '97. Due to the random glitch that allowed me extra slots past the 20 limit, I can't access them from the Upload section to replace the older versions.

Updated create-a-shows are also available for them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any chance of a proper 99-01 wcw Saturday night arena to round out "newer" wcw universe on ps4? There is 1 on cc that is ok but nothing like your stuff!!

unfortunately not. i have a few arenas left for ps4

clash 35

spring stampede 97

nitro 2001

thunder 2001

mayyyyybe updated bash 97 and 99.

then i'm finished with this project and going into PC modding an attempt at a WCW/nWo conversion of 2K16

Any chance of a proper 99-01 wcw Saturday night arena to round out "newer" wcw universe on ps4? There is 1 on cc that is ok but nothing like your stuff!!

clash 35

spring stampede 97

nitro 2001

thunder 2001

then i'm finished with this project and going into PC modding an attempt at a WCW/nWo conversion of 2K16

I'd have to update my graphics card and purchase 16 for that!

What do you have in mind?

clash 35

spring stampede 97

nitro 2001

thunder 2001

I'd have to update my graphics card and purchase 16 for that!

What do you have in mind?

Not sure.. I have a 970 right now. It runs everything max no problems. They're coming down in price, but I'm sure something lower would do fine..

Right now I'm working on some 2 10 attire slot Sting mods(Crow and Wolfpac). I'm without my

work" computer right now so that's taking a little longer than I expected. Once I finish that I'll get into arena modding, then start working on wrestlers 97/98-99-2001. My hopes are that I can finish it before 2K17, and that the coding isn't THAT much different to where I can't transfer things over, having all the work done if it takes longer than anticipated.

WIP of Wolfpac Sting

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-20%20at%2011.00.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-27%20at%209.01.5Screen%20Shot%202016-06-03%20at%2011.30.Screen%20Shot%202016-06-21%20at%2012.53.Captur3e_zpsfrrv7323.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hova, you may remember us talking about the variances in the Nitro arena that WCW had. I was confused about the red carpet before, but I've been watching from 1995-July 8,1996 on WWE Network, and it definitely seems to be used for Flair/Horsemen entrances more than anything else. I know this might sound like a weird time to bring it up, but it's just something I'm noticing as I re-watch.

Hova, you may remember us talking about the variances in the Nitro arena that WCW had. I was confused about the red carpet before, but I've been watching from 1995-July 8,1996 on WWE Network, and it definitely seems to be used for Flair/Horsemen entrances more than anything else. I know this might sound like a weird time to bring it up, but it's just something I'm noticing as I re-watch.

yeah they got the treatment.. some other wrestlers did as well.. I'm not really sure if they just forgot to pick it up, but usually during promos with gene or during the Nitro girls segments later on, during the later years. I'm currently watching nitro in 98.. I think I'm at spring stampede. I'll pay more attention to it.

as far as variations go of the ring.. There's been dark mats color of the nitro game which was right before they added the Monday Nitro TNT logo. I think there was a variation in 96/97 that had darker ringside mats that had flames as well.... I'm not 100% sure but I believe it was an outdoor show.

I'll pay more attention to the carpet thing when I watch again. I've been working on a New Nitro arena mod and I've thought about adding the red carpet depending on how frequent it's used. How mods work on PC.. Arenas with ramps and the ones without them are hardcoded and you can't change it, so my plan for Nitro is to create a small ramp on a flat arena, because WCW didn't have long ramps like WWF/E.

When it pans to the wrestler coming out, my plan is that they're right at the foot of the ramp. If I make a stage with a short ramp on an arena that has a preexisting ramp, they'll walk in air as if the long ramp is still there lol... Hopefully I can get this to work properly because then I'll be able to create a perfect Nitro arena for 2K17... The only problem would be the 2 announcer tables that are ringside. Getting rid of that would make it as authentic as I can get.. I have all my textures as accurate as I can make them. Unfortunately the only workaround with getting rid of announce tables are with NXT, but NXT doesn't have a flat surface smh. I just wish they paid more attention to detail because these graphics are too good to half-ass with ALL the resources available to these guys.

Archived