Another Wrestling Game Ruined.

Zezno

They have ruined another wrestling game for me. They have removed so much stuff from create-a-superstar, I can't even make half my roster from the other games. There is hardly any hats, glasses, jackets, other and etc. Plus that 'Entrance only' stuff is horse shit. That restricts me from making so many characters. If I wanted to make Captain Crunch, I can't. They removed his hat and jacket. Can't make Mario because his hat is no longer there, hell most hats are entrance only.

I enjoyed making 'fun' and 'goofy' caws, now I can't remake my favorites from over the years. Now the only caws I can make are 'boring' and 'generic' wrestlers like everyone else.

The last decent wrestling game was 2k14. No one liked 2k15, plus it had only 25 caw slots. Now 16 there screwing up. I know I can't be the only one that feels this way. I didn't see any other topics like this, so that's why I had to make it. This is clearly a big problem.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll probably get blasted by the majority of people here Zenzo...

Plenty of people here are against any criticism of 2k, and they defend them like a blood relative. And these are the same people that don't realize... dragging 2k through the mud and shaming them on their official forums is one of the only ways to force their hand into fixing some of these problems with the game. If their official forums were on fire like they were for the Universe problem, then we'd see a lot more change within the scope of the series, but I think some people will never learn...

Offering up excuses for them seems to the norm, but they should be chewed out for all these problems which the game has shipped with, and why are we all being nicey nicey about it? Absolutely no idea.

I'm looking out for the interests of the consumer, and I could care less about 2k (which is a very unfavorable company imo)

They have ruined another wrestling game for me. They have removed so much stuff from create-a-superstar, I can't even make half my roster from the other games. There is hardly any hats, glasses, jackets, other and etc. Plus that 'Entrance only' stuff is horse shit. That restricts me from making so many characters. If I wanted to make Captain Crunch, I can't. They removed his hat and jacket. Can't make Mario because his hat is no longer there, hell most hats are entrance only.

I enjoyed making 'fun' and 'goofy' caws, now I can't remake my favorites from over the years. Now the only caws I can make are 'boring' and 'generic' wrestlers like everyone else.

The last decent wrestling game was 2k14. No one liked 2k15, plus it had only 25 caw slots. Now 16 there screwing up. I know I can't be the only one that feels this way. I didn't see any other topics like this, so that's why I had to make it. This is clearly a big problem.

Yet i see tons of crapy mortal kombat caws and a lugi even powerrangers and a bunny

As already mentioned, WWE games are aiming to be incredibly realistic these days (even though we got plenty goofy items this year). And to say you can only make "boring" and "generic" is completely untrue. Sure, you'll see plenty of those kinds of CAW's around but those aren't the only types you can make. And don't generalize by saying no one liked WWE2K15 as there are people that did.

Honestly feels like you're going overboard by saying an entire game is ruined because you can't make goofy CAW's.

Well...now I've heard it all "caw mode ruined" compared to the mess that we got last year, where everyone looked exactly the same. Caw mode in 2K16 is mind-blowingly good. "Can't make Mario, because his hat isn't there" - they gave you a foam head that is literally the exact shape of Mario's head. I think you can find a hat that is close enough for him. 2K16 has more "fun and goofy" options than any wrestling game ever. Hell...if you want a Mario hat, you can literally morph the dude's head into the shape of one and put logos on it. Sounds like you're a lazy caw maker who can't think outside the box. There are endless options in this game for making anyone or anything that you want.

"Can't make Mario, because his hat isn't there" - they gave you a foam head that is literally the exact shape of Mario's head. I think you can find a hat that is close enough for him.

The problem isn't that here isn't a good Mario hat, it's that the Mario head IS the hat. We can't put a hat on top of the mask that shapes his head.

But back on topic, 2K wanted to strive towards more realistic CAWs, but they kept the silly creators in mind as well when they added the duck floatie and a few other things that I can't remember at the moment. Sure the characters themselves don't look like abominations, but we can certainly make up for that with their attires.

Here is a small comparison between 2k14 and 16's caw modes.

2k14 2k16

hair

107 105

facial hair

81 80

masks

33 23

glasses

42 20

hats

48 43 (39 of them are 'entrance only')

other

52 54

jackets

43 125 (91 of them are 'entrance only')

body accessories

38 42 (13 of them are 'entrance only')

These are just some of the things they have removed or altered. (not including all the entrance only items) Why would you want to pay for less content?

CAWs is what makes wrestling games for me. Now that I can't make the one's that I have had throughout the years. Theres no point 'for me' to play this.

I'm not referring so much to the creations suite, but the controls overall are pretty horrendous. It is so hard to reverse any attacks and the camera positioning is bad. I've heard the Superstar creation tool is hard to get used to.

For example, in matches on TV, the action is always really close up. In this game, the camera is always very far away. There is nothing very climatic about the match playing either. Just seems like they rehash everything year after year, but they do make good changes too. But it seems a case of 'fix one thing' then 'screw up' something else, which just gets all the fans pissed off.

At least they spelled 'Anderson' properly this year, and the variation "Andersen" is still in though.

These are just some of the things they have removed or altered. (not including all the entrance only items) Why would you want to pay for less content?

Because the morphing and texturing options in 2K16 vastly outweigh any amount of removed content. You can make the most accurate faces in this game of any wrestling game ever. I've seen caws on CC that I cannot tell are even caws. Some of these CM Punk caws I've seen...mind-blowing. Same goes for Sasha Banks, Dana Brook, etc. The capabilities of 2K16 are more impressive than they've ever been. I don't have time to complain about limited hat options. Especially compared to 2K15...which had literally the worst caw system I've ever seen anywhere (you legit hat a default face for every single person).

It must be awful as a developer to put countless hours perfecting so many different things in a video game and then have someone say the whole thing is ruined because it doesnt have as many hats and jackets as some people want.

They need a patch to allow diva and superstar hair to be used on either gender. They also need to try and patch in some entrance only attire into the matches. As a creative CAW maker I do sympathize because I want absolute creative freedom. There is still so much that can be done with textures, heck I made Willam from Rupauls Drag Race and he almost looks female (still can't adjust shoulders etc as much as I'd like but eh).

Hang in there, I am sure they are listening. I bought last gen as well because my friends and I still enjoy the extended freedom.

You'll probably get blasted by the majority of people here Zenzo...

Plenty of people here are against any criticism of 2k, and they defend them like a blood relative. And these are the same people that don't realize... dragging 2k through the mud and shaming them on their official forums is one of the only ways to force their hand into fixing some of these problems with the game. If their official forums were on fire like they were for the Universe problem, then we'd see a lot more change within the scope of the series, but I think some people will never learn...

Offering up excuses for them seems to the norm, but they should be chewed out for all these problems which the game has shipped with, and why are we all being nicey nicey about it? Absolutely no idea.

I'm looking out for the interests of the consumer, and I could care less about 2k (which is a very unfavorable company imo)

Come on, majority of this forum rips 2k a new butthole lol

Archived