WarGreymon's Arenas - Aug. 9, 2016 - WCW Nitro PSX pg. 4

WarGreymon77

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My final versions of the Nitro, Thunder, and Saturday Night arenas have been uploaded. However, due an error within the game, all of my upload slots appear to be blank. I only uploaded these because I knew that Nitro, Thunder, and Saturday Night were my slots 1, 2, and 3. As a result, I am unable to ever upload any more arenas to WWE 2K16.

In addition, my upload of the WCW TV title may be delayed. I might upload it soon in slot 20, just to be safe.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, man. I just realized it's been 18 years since I got my very first PlayStation game ever, WCW Nitro! That game brings back memories. There had been WCW games before it, but this was the first to actually have a Nitro arena in it. It was also my first WCW game. And I don't care what anybody says: I thought the wrestler models looked great! It was a happy day when I learned how to do the Scorpion Death Lock! The arenas weren't all that accurate, but I loved the lighting effects at the entranceway. The roster was phenomenal. I wanted to create Ivan the bear or Buzz the (wasp?) for old time's sake, but there's only so much I can do. However, I am trying to recreate retro Macho Man's attire (Retro Macho Man was simply called "Savage"; blond Sting was "Stinger", babyface Hogan was called "Hulkster").

WCW Nitro PSX

I don't think this one turned out as well as the Disco. Still using that old SvR 2011 screenshot for my Nitro stage. I got the colored lights from an N64 mod YouTube video and pasted them on, since I can't make that stuff myself. But the bad part is, the header (which is what I used) lighting is really dark, and my "THQ" is sloppy. I wanted to use Madusa and another woman from WCW Nitro, but the whole manager restriction in 2K16... yeah.

YrR9zTU.jpg

NwxmPDj.jpg

Sr2uKWX.jpg

yg8AtMo.jpg

5TbT3pL.jpg

mijlPYS.jpg

WCW Nitro PSX Disco

This PS1 arena, I thought was beautiful. I love the colors and the lighting effects, but I can't recreate those. It should seem like a no-brainer to use Disco Inferno, right? I don't know if I have a Disco Inferno CAW though. I thought about doing other arenas, but kinda hard to do the beehive. No YMCA dance this time. :( Oh! And I used Judders's neon WWF sign entrance. Edited it.

DfIrbuz.jpg

Yyrbio5.jpg

33BnT9H.jpg

0RR95FS.jpg

L1MBiGa.jpg

Ah it's nice to see someone with good memories of Nitro! Everyone nostalgic video I watch pans the game, but I have so, so many good memories of playing this game with friends, and having to try and work out every finisher and write it down on a piece of paper! (That paper was absolutely sacred..!)

I also loved the choice of arenas in the game, and their look was fantastic. I love the Nitro arena you've created there. The entrance way looks extremely difficult to do (hang on, could we not somehow get a texture rip of the Nitro game? It was also released on the PC.. I've seen texture packs for other various obscure games on forums before), but you did an excellent job with the ring.

I remember spending hours trying to find ways to walk through the gap in the barriers towards the entrance way! I used to try a similar thing in Warzone because I could remember seeing wrestlers fighting on the entrance ramp in an early build of the game!

Great memories, would love to see more of these/contribute. If we could get a texture pack, then it'd make our lives 100 times easier!

**I'm currently doing a texture rip for Nitro on the PSX. I'll let you know if it's any good...**

***UPDATE*** - Got my hands on them, but many seem to be in false colour. Might still be of use? Here's the link:***

http://www.filedropper.com/ring_4

They seem to use a greenscreening technique, but those garish pink/green backgrounds will be easy enough to rid of. The textures are very low quality (as expected), but I dunno, still might be able to get some use out of them. At worst, they're good reference points in some cases! I definitely want to start making some of these old arenas...

Oh yeah, people bash the game incessantly. I still think it's better than SvR 2009.

I think the hardest part for me is the ring canvas. It makes logos pasted on it look brighter due to the lighting, but at the same time, when you try to go for a dark blue canvas, it usually comes out looking "light black".

I also had ideas to try the World Tour WCW and nWo arenas and the WCW Vs. The World "WCW Pro Wrestling" arena. But I'll save them for next year, because all my slots are full. Not upload slots, but arena slots (50/50).

I've had a go of the Nitro arena... Used a few of the old textures and some from Google.

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg
Full_Size_Render.jpg

lol cool.. i extracted a bunch of the textures from an emulator to get some of the textures to draw my early crow sting mod. I wish I could texture the announce team off to the side and remove the actual booth ringside, but I guess that's a hardcoded thing you can't mess with.

If you could mod the NXT arena, that'd eliminate the ringside table.

That's why i'm slightly disappointed by 17's Nitro arena.

Also, do you still have the textures mate?

I've had a go of the Nitro arena... Used a few of the old textures and some from Google.

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg
Full_Size_Render.jpg

lol cool.. i extracted a bunch of the textures from an emulator to get some of the textures to draw my early crow sting mod. I wish I could texture the announce team off to the side and remove the actual booth ringside, but I guess that's a hardcoded thing you can't mess with.

If you could mod the NXT arena, that'd eliminate the ringside table.

That's why i'm slightly disappointed by 17's Nitro arena.

Also, do you still have the textures mate?

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg
Full_Size_Render.jpg

check pm

and yea NXT is the only arena you can do that with. Unfortunately, you can't duplicate it over and over. You have to use each arena file

Archived