WarGreymon's Arenas - Aug. 9, 2016 - WCW Nitro PSX pg. 4

WarGreymon77

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Progress update. I'm not sure how to proceed with these stage lights. I could take 'em or leave 'em. It's hard to make circles on the floor look like real lights.

LJbYJqX.jpg

1wzyi5e.jpg

KeAbwKT.jpg

Looks amazing. Are these up yet

Monday Nitro, WCW Saturday Night, all 1997 WCW PPVs, Clash of the Champions 1997, WWF SmackDown!, Shotgun Saturday Night (show only), Sunday Night Heat, Old School WCW, NWA 1980s (show only), and WCW/nWo SuperBrawl 1998 are all uploaded. Thunder V2 on page 1 of this topic is up as well, but I'm planning to replace it with version 3, seen here.

how do you change the nameplate on your arena's......I cant figure out how to use custom logo's beyond the generic ones.

Create a show, click show logo, go to custom (R1). The custom logo has to be 512x512.

I nixed the floor lights idea, but... It's back and better than ever before! World Championship Wrestling presents the original blue show, Thursday THUNDER!! I'm tellin' you, this arena looks sweet in-game! In case you couldn't tell, I thought Thunder was cool back in the day. Not quite as cool as Nitro, but definitely a unique aesthetic.

I nixed the floor lights idea, but... It's back and better than ever before! World Championship Wrestling presents the original blue show, Thursday THUNDER!! I'm tellin' you, this arena looks sweet in-game! In case you couldn't tell, I thought Thunder was cool back in the day. Not quite as cool as Nitro, but definitely a unique aesthetic.

If only you could tilt the stage at an angle the way Thunder's set was. Pretty cool approach to it.

If only you could tilt the stage at an angle the way Thunder's set was. Pretty cool approach to it.

With the way entrances are done, I bet even a Yuke's arena wouldn't be tilted like that.

I clicked this thinking it would be a Wargeymon arena

I am disappointed

Lol. I don't really do a lot of fantasy stuff. I'm full-on WCW mode for this game.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a couple of slight changes (no upload). I've got no intention to upload, because they're not significant enough for me to reset my downloads to zero and put my arena down to the bottom of the pile again. I want my arenas to be thought of as the very best, and it's hard to get eyes on it when it's at the bottom of most downloaded. For starters, I had this great idea for the electronic billboard...

8z2k0yd.jpg

It didn't come out as well as I'd hoped, but the original image would look perfect on a titantron... if we could put static images on them during matches, and have them play the video during entrances.

The all-yellow flames on the floor mats kinda stick out like a sore thumb, so I decided to spice them up a bit.

Rc6jrf0.jpg

Out of curiosity, I decided to take a look at the rare dark blue floor mats favored by video games such as WCW Nitro. Nitro's look over the years hasn't been very consistent. (For example, the "sometimes there, sometimes not" red carpet seen on 1996 Nitro entranceways)

7KRKtsu.jpg

Meh.

the red carpet was for interviews when mean gene would do interviews and when the nitro girls would dance. they'd just leave it there for a few matches, then pull it up or put it back down for more interviews.

WCW was very inconsistent with their sets. especially the later years when they changed the set in 99. flame mats, no flame mat. grey apron, no logo mat.. grey apron, logo mat. red turnbuckle pads, yellow.... hell Thunder in 2001 had red ring ropes with the blue set lol

Well I suppose whenever I think of the red carpet, I think of the nWo making their entrance. The video screen introduced in '98 seemed to be in a different place each time. Nitro in '99 and 2000 is notorious for inconsistency though... They started with the entranceway with miniature Nitro logos, before changing those screens to say "World Championship Wrestling". Sometimes there's a mat logo, sometimes not. I like the one from December 1999. It's got the World Championship Wrestling entranceway, the apron logo, mat logo, and gray mat. Most closely resembles the Nitro arena in WCW Mayhem.

And in 1995, the apron looks like it's got lights shining through the Nitro logos. And the stage is off to the side.

Funny thing though, I didn't realize that my "old school WCW" arena was only used in 1990, from what I can see. Apparently the one they used more often is like SuperBrawl I, with the blue WCW logo "rising out of the ground". Oh well. That arena will be in the showcase DLC, so there's more variety this way. I should've left the curtains yellow though.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried it, but couldn't figure out how to do the stage. I'm also on hiatus from the game until the Hall of Fame Showcase DLC comes out. If any CAW makers see this, please take a look at my request. http://caws.ws/forum/topic/471806-texture-topic/?p=10528547 I need that WCW Mysterio!

use bernielomax's textures for rey. the colors are even enough to where you can color them however you want

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4XdisiP3Oz0NGdmV0I4cUtEeUU&tid=0B4XdisiP3Oz0ZjJaRmg5YTFGOFU

I tried it, but couldn't figure out how to do the stage. I'm also on hiatus from the game until the Hall of Fame Showcase DLC comes out. If any CAW makers see this, please take a look at my request. http://caws.ws/forum/topic/471806-texture-topic/?p=10528547 I need that WCW Mysterio!

use bernielomax's textures for rey. the colors are even enough to where you can color them however you want

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4XdisiP3Oz0NGdmV0I4cUtEeUU&tid=0B4XdisiP3Oz0ZjJaRmg5YTFGOFU

Oh, awesome. I hadn't seen these before. Thanks man.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess I'm... not... done!! Hah, the luck! You know, I did a simple Google search "WCW logo" (no quotes) and what did I find? A Bash at the Beach logo! Granted, it was small, but my online image resizer was able to bump it up from 180x194 to 512x512 without a reduction in quality. Good thing too, because the program Paint.NET adds a blur over resized images, which helps at times, but would have hindered me here.

I might not upload all of these, but I'm making note of all my new stuff. Also, if I buy WWE 2K17, I'm going to take my time and try to put out the finished product the first time. I was so worried about getting downloads that I put quantity above quality. Here's a list of what's new this time.

I realize full well that my Bash at the Beach arena looks like poo. But no more! That is #1 on my priority list.

Next I'll upload my updated Monday Nitro. I don't remember everything that I did, but the most prominent was the flame mats. Oh! Yeah, I also used a texture from SvR 2011 to make a significant difference on my gray Nitro logo with the white lettering. Actually, you probably won't notice that anywhere except the announce table, because of the stage that I use.

WCW Old School got some minor changes. I tried my best to brighten up the crowd some. It didn't work very well. The curtains are now gold again. I liked it better that way. I might put a better looking WCW logo on the entrance nameplates, but I might save that for next year. I might change the name to WCW 1990, might not. Turnbuckle posts are now dark blue for better accuracy instead of black. Changed the stage lighting a bit, I think. Some blues and reds instead of dingy yellow.

NWA 1980s will be changed to the more accurately named NWA 1988. Arena downsized to the smallest size. Crowd lighting is now pitch black. The modern NWA logo (globe) will be replaced by a more period accurate late 80s/early 90s NWA logo (as seen on the ring apron).

My custom WCW Women's Championship... I'm going to be editing that. I want to replace a side plate with something more fitting.

This thread is starting to get a little unwieldy for me. Instead of editing posts, I'll just put new screenshots on the latest page. New Bash at the Beach '96/97 uploaded. Literally all I changed was the logo on the canvas.

gIbrW0e.jpg

I also uploaded the final version of my WCW Monday Nitro arena today, seen here, except I changed the TNT logo on the hanging banners to be be authentic. Instead of yellow and red, the TNT logo is black and red. It's the most authentic Nitro arena that I have created in any wrestling game to date. I'm no longer self-concious about the choice of stage, because I feel like this arena is finally recognizably Monday Nitro.

Hfh2UJY.jpg

Not related to an upload, but I finally figured out that WCW Saturday Night does look best with a late 90s filter instead of early 90s. Note made for 2K17. Also, next year I will probably avoid doing 1998. Now I'm off to my attire and belt threads.

WCW Saturday Nite '92

is the name of the show that I uploaded to community creations (PS4).

WCW Saturday Night 1992/1993 is the name of the arena.

I couldn't squeeze another arena onto community creations, due to upload slots being full. So I used a show. I had to replace SuperBrawl '98 with this. I can never get over how much better the create-an-arena is for 2K16 compared to WWE 12-14. Being able to upload your own logos makes a lot of difference. The first picture is for comparison's sake. (Btw, WWE, get to putting Saturday Night and Thunder on the Network!)

5EM4CND.jpg

Q5YtR3Z.jpg

h29jVvD.jpg

0V6ca8M.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've been working improvements to my arenas in preparation for WWE 2K17. (None are uploaded as of yet, if ever.) In doing so, I thought I'd try an alternate stage for Nitro. I'm not really feeling it yet. I think I need to shrink the WCW letters' height a bit, and I'm not sure the Nitro set can look very good on a flat surface anyway. Especially an LED board like NXT's.

9TdS5ex.jpg

MhSMCfU.jpg

I need to remind myself to work on the colors of the ring canvas's TNT logo. The shades of the red and the yellow stick out like a sore thumb. I want it to be more seamless.

Here's Thunder. I found a better quality video to create the "minitron sides" from.

OcnE2wl.jpg

Also I pasted the apron logo onto the stage to see how it'd look. More realistic, I guess. Speaking of the apron logo, I need to look into how people get it to look all wrinkly and such.

Finally there is WCW Saturday Night. I'm quite proud of this arena, though the floor mats around the ring were a bit of a rush job. I used a placeholder logo (a ring apron, lol) before I uploaded the caution thing. Then I replaced the placeholder with the caution pattern.

xNVCEbS.jpg

I tried making the "wall" taller, as in real life. I used a header, but it's flawed for a few reasons. Not as wide as the minitron, and the lighting for headers sucks. Also, I think I need to add the border.

yFSoG3Q.jpg

kNZatK5.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, unfortunately, I saved over my Thunder from the previous post. I slapped this together after finding Judders's header trick:

No upload to CC. I didn't have all of my original logos, for some reason, so yeah there's some weird outlines that I wasn't able to delete, on the logos. I also tried the spotlights on the floor again. The header method has its flaws... The lighting is darker than it would be on a minitron. And it does still float a bit off the ground, like the minitron does. But on the upside, there's no "LED grid" effect, as you'll soon see, and no lights at the bottom. I have not yet tried this on any other arenas. And the bad lighting is not as much of a problem during entrances.

rPNZlJA.jpg

ZrkCqYL.jpg

8dvbO9e.jpg

Archived