WarGreymon's Arenas - Aug. 9, 2016 - WCW Nitro PSX pg. 4

WarGreymon77

All of my work will be searchable on PlayStation 4 with the hashtag WarGreymon77. I also upload create-a-show whenever I upload an arena.

4/25/2016 Note: New Nitro & Bash at the Beach on pg. 4

WCW Monday Nitro - New screenshot Dec. 4, 2015

I'm not satisfied with the entranceway because I had made a 512x512 logo for the iconic purple lights, and I was going to stamp the gray Nitro logo in the middle of it. Unfortunately, just about the entire stage is locked to the "minitron" and can't be seperately edited. Also, the Bash at the Beach entrance video screen, which would be perfect for WCW PPVs, is locked to that particular stage, with the sand and everything. I settled for the Vengeance '01 stage, and yes, the WCW letters disappear during entrances. They've also removed animated patterns from electronic billboards. I was using one of those as the Nitro flames in 2K14. And for some reason, when you use a pattern on the announce table, it adds this annoying transparency. But! I am VERY pleased with the ring! Side note: I have since removed the metal frames from the stage banners, and moved the entrance video screen to a more visible position, to the upper left of the the stage.

vBrytmi.jpg

chE1Nd9.jpg

NayKwj9.jpg

5hqWVFl.jpg

WCW Thunder (Version 3! Uploaded Dec. 16, 2015)
64UOE8C.jpg
XTEs5KM.jpg

WCW Saturday Night (NEW AND IMPROVED Version uploaded Dec. 11, 2015)
If you previously downloaded my show, replace the arena with this one for better accuracy.

r36Vlrh.jpg
rtawa5e.jpg

Sometime between now and 2K17, I'm planning to do all the 1997 and 1998 WCW PPVs plus the Clash (Monday Night Wars version). Not sure which I'll upload. I see myself becoming heavily reliant on what I think is the NXT minitron. I was going to use the Wrestlemania 12 minitron for Saturday Night, but they don't give you any real freedom. Everything is glued to one big minitron piece in most of these.

EDIT note: I have uploaded a 2.0 version of Nitro, Thunder, and Saturday Night. Fixed a lot of minor issues. The Great American Bash got uploaded twice, but they're identical!

Page 1 Contents (of this forum thread)
WCW Monday Nitro
WCW Saturday Night
WCW Thunder
[WCW] The Great American Bash
nWo Souled Out [1997]
WCW/nWo SuperBrawl
WCW Starrcade

Page 2 Contents
WCW/nWo Road Wild
WCW Fall Brawl
WCW Bash at the Beach
WCW SuperBrawl (VII)
WCW Clash of the Champions 1997
WCW Uncensored
WCW Slamboree
WCW World War 3
WCW Spring Stampede
WCW Road Wild
WCW Halloween Havoc

Bonus Screenshots Pg. 2 (not uploaded to CC as of this typing; might never upload due to limits)
WWF Shotgun Saturday Night 1998
WCW/nWo Starrcade
-- Nov. 30th adds below --
WCW/nWo Slamboree
WWF Sunday Night Heat 1998
WWF SmackDown!
WCW Monday Nitro 1999-2000
Raw 2002
-- Dec. 4th adds below --
Wrestlemania X8
WCW/nWo Halloween Havoc

Arenas Pg. 3
Old School WCW (early 90s)
NWA 1980s

Arenas Pg. 4
WCW Bash at the Beach (version 2)
WCW Monday Nitro (Final version)
WCW Saturday Night 1992-1993

WCW Thunder (Final version)

WCW Monday Nitro v2 (Final version)

WCW Saturday Night (Final version)

WCW Nitro PSX

WCW Nitro PSX Disco arena

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was unaware of a logo glitch.

ksdixon, on 05 Nov 2015 - 04:44 AM, said:

yoooo. please tell me these are re-uploadable?

i want the wcw arenas fo rme, and then to edit them into original fed areneas and reup them for my frieinds/

I used to, but this year I didn't make anything re-uploadable. People like to take other people's creations, add nothing at all, and take credit for it.

The Great American Bash - Now available on CC. (listed as "WCW Great American Bash", I think) Based on 1997. And remember, every time I upload an arena, I also upload a show. I don't know why I added that white WCW logo to the ring mat logo. It was only supposed to be for the show logo, but I guess I got mixed up. I guess I'll fix it one day. Eventually.

35aGOKT.jpg

1g6w64c.jpg

3ozYtVS.jpg

Unfortunately that one is low on my priority list, due to the fact that you can't do Royal Rumbles in custom arenas. The ones I'm working on right now are Starrcade '97, Road Wild '98, Fall Brawl '97, SuperBrawl VIII ('98), and Souled Out '97. The lit stairs and header on that last one are going to require some creativity, but other than that, Souled Out is looking beautiful so far.

Apparently, The Great American Bash didn't upload to CC the first time? I don't know. When I go to look at my uploads list, some things are missing, even when I know I uploaded them. Anyway, I re-uploaded The Great American Bash. I also fixed the Monday Nitro stage panel (it was playing a video before, because I was using the default Raw 2015 stage). I switched it to the SmackDown! '99 stage with the black curtain stage panel. Also, the yellow lighting didn't look good, so I changed it to black. Re-uploaded WCW Monday Nitro. I was working on Fall Brawl '97 the other day, spent a lot of time on it, and the game crashed. So for the time being, I'm too pissed off to create. But I have uploaded...

nWo Souled Out ('97)

FVY8YOP.jpg

aewxUfc.jpg

WCW/nWo SuperBrawl VIII ('98)

I have since widened the stage floor. I was unaware at the time that you could select the stage part seperately from the "stage design".

mkPxuce.jpg

Next up should be Fall Brawl '97 and Road Wild '98, I think. I keep going back and forth between the Wrestlemania IX venue size and the Wrestlemania 31 venue size for Road Wild, because I know it's supposed to be an outdoor arena. I think I'll go with IX. It looks better aside from the tent over the ring. You can barely even tell that the Wrestlemania 31 venue size is supposed to be outside.

I had heard about arena glitches, but I don't have the first clue how to fix it. There's another glitch where I go into my uploads and some things aren't in the numbered slots even though they're on CC. Saturday Night isn't one of those though, since I re-uploaded it a while back, after I lowered the stage.

Edit: I need some advice on Clash of the Champions 35 (1997, I think the final Clash). Was the canvas gray or black? I can only find blurry video, and the crowd is mostly in the way.

I had heard about arena glitches, but I don't have the first clue how to fix it. There's another glitch where I go into my uploads and some things aren't in the numbered slots even though they're on CC. Saturday Night isn't one of those though, since I re-uploaded it a while back, after I lowered the stage.

Edit: I need some advice on Clash of the Champions 35 (1997, I think the final Clash). Was the canvas gray or black? I can only find blurry video, and the crowd is mostly in the way.

if you're talking about the one where Sting debuted his crow theme it was the same charcoal color as nWo Souled out 97. It was one of the first ones I did but never previewed it because of the initial lack of upload slots. One of the things to remember with that is the gold color "of the" for the ring mat.

HovaThaGod32, on 16 Nov 2015 - 02:04 AM, said:HovaThaGod32, on 16 Nov 2015 - 02:04 AM, said:HovaThaGod32, on 16 Nov 2015 - 02:04 AM, said:HovaThaGod32, on 16 Nov 2015 - 02:04 AM, said:HovaThaGod32, on 16 Nov 2015 - 02:04 AM, said:

WarGreymon77, on 16 Nov 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:WarGreymon77, on 16 Nov 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:WarGreymon77, on 16 Nov 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:WarGreymon77, on 16 Nov 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:WarGreymon77, on 16 Nov 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

if you're talking about the one where Sting debuted his crow theme it was the same charcoal color as nWo Souled out 97. It was one of the first ones I did but never previewed it because of the initial lack of upload slots. One of the things to remember with that is the gold color "of the" for the ring mat.

Thanks for reminding me of that. I wouldn't have thought of it. On another note, WCW Thunder has been re-uploaded today with updates. I hesitated, since it had over 800 downloads, was my most popular arena by far, and one of the top downloaded on CC. But I felt it was necessary.

Stage and ramp floors are now concrete instead of metal.

Improved stage lighting.
Made the entranceway darker blue.
Added another stage object to "balance" the sides.
New stage panel (SmackDown '99 curtain), which has no minitrons/ribbon.
Cleaned up the silver apron/announce table logo.
Adjusted floor mat and apron colors slightly.
It's unfortunate that my Nitro arena doesn't have many downloads. The ring and ringside area are perfect.
New uploads:
WCW/nWo Road Wild ('98)
For an outdoor venue, I only had two choices. I went with the smaller one with more skyline (WM 9).
Xre49XI.jpg
WCW Fall Brawl ('97)
Notice how the ring mat and entrance stage have different brightness and it affects the shade of purple. Not my intention, but it doesn't really bother me enough to edit the logo. Also, the floor mats look too dark, and I believe I forgot to make the steel steps black.
beBNpiu.jpg
BV3YFAE.jpg
Bash at the Beach '96/97
Actually '96 with a mat logo. I downloaded a '98 logo on CC and made changes, since my original mat logo was terrible. See pic #1 for "before", and pic #2 for "after" (version uploaded to CC).
cBSKSKa.jpg
Qw0mlCc.jpg
WCW SuperBrawl '97 (Probably will not upload) I was working with limited options here...

ag07q8u.jpg
nIQayYf.jpg

Maybe I should do IX instead. The easiest logo to find was VIII, and all I had to do was some cropping and erasing to get VII.
What's up next? Well, 1997 takes priority due to all the PPVs being WCW branded instead of WCW/nWo. As much as it pains me to say this, I wouldn't expect World War 3 or Halloween Havoc any time soon either. I plan to use Halloween Havoc '96 from the Hall of Fame Showcase as my Halloween Havoc '97 arena, and I haven't gotten any of the stuff together for World War 3. Next will probably be Slamboree '97 and '98, Clash of the Champions '97, and Uncensored '97.

Yeah, it sucks. The minitron-during-entrances problem has been like that since WWE 13. I tried to get around it in 2K14 by putting the WCW letters down on the stage panel.

On the upside though, I've seen people give more effort in created arenas this year. Most of the time in WWE 12, 13, or 2K14, for a Nitro or Thunder arena, I'd just see these 2 minute jobs on CC where somebody pastes the same logo in a few different places and calls it a day. This year I actually saw this stage

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion/topic/10087281/1/

on CC, and I actually had that idea before 2K16 came out, but I didn't know how to implement it. Plus I was worried about stealing somebody else's stuff. Point is, it's great to see some effort this year from the community at large.

Archived