Moves removed from the game

WVIP

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I hear the Stinger Splash animation from last year was removed. Instead the heavy (Henry and Vader looking) corner splash is now renamed the Stinger Splash. Elbow stomp ground head grapple has been taken out and replaced by a seated version. Grapple head punch from ground head grapples is gone too but there is a single head punch from seated. Rikishi's old In Yo Face(Stinkface) removed and replaced by the new horrible animation. Kelly Kelly's still in.Leaning against the ropes Boxing Rush is gone. Also all of Hogan's taunts and Leg Drop removed. RKO 1 is gone. It's not gone but the Helluva kick from last year is no longer available as a corner grapple, only as a running strike. Stone Cold Stunner 1 & 2 removed.

D@mn it, 2K... why removed the stinger splash from last year?!?!?!?!?!!!
. Um yes you could . you can do running corner sig/ finishers. Zayns works like that also.

They also changed the Sunset Suplex Pin, they reanimated it from the quick, snap-like movement to a slow, kinda funky looking flip. Which is off cause you see them straddle the guy's back, slowly raise their arms, slowly "fall" forward to slowly "bounce" their hands off the mat before moving into a slow flip. o_O

Is how John Cena does the move
2K should have made the move separately not replace the other animation with Cena's version.

Seriously? It looks like shit. :/

Are you guys talking about the code red? Cus that's Goldust animation not Cena.

REMOVED VS MOVED OR RENAMED

==================================

Unknown Status:
- Back Suplex 4 (rear weak grapple)
- Verticle Suplex Powrslam

Moved Moves (Moved to another Move Category or changed to Sig/Fin only):

- Back Dropkick - ground face up head grapple > ground strong strike.

- Big Swing Punch - Sig/Fin only.

- Combination 1-4 - Sig/Fin only.

- Double Axe Handle combo - Sig/Fin only.

- Dragon Sleeper (Ground) - ground Limb Target only.

- Helluva Kick - corner grapple > running strike.

- Step-Up Enziguri (1) - standing grapple > strong strike

- Texas Jab combo - Sig/Fin only.

- Elbow Stomp - ground head grapple > ground seated

Removed Moves (Includes Reanimations which look nothing alike):
- Back Breaker Drop 8 (rear grapple)
- Boxing Rush (Opponent leaning against the ropes)

- Chain of Punches
- Coconut Crunch

- Double Arm Lock (Snitsky)
- Drive By Kick 1

- F5 1
- Head punch ground head grapple > replaced by a single head punch in seated.
- Inverted Atomic Drop (Running grapple)
- Knee Breaker (Limb Target)
- Multiple German Suplex
- replaced by Suplex City 1 & 2

- Neckbreaker 7 (Test's Neckbreaker)
- Rikishi Stinkface (WWE 13) - Replaced by Big Show WWE 2K16 animation.
- RKO 1

- Side Headlock Takedown

- Stinger Splash (WWE 2K15) - Replaced with old Vader/Mark Henry animation.
- Stone Cold Stunner 1 & 2

- Sunset Suplex Pin - Reanimated slower, how Cena or Goldust hits it.
- Taunt Cyborg 1 (Vladimer Kozlov)
- Tombstone Piledriver 1 & 2
- Triple German Suplexes ("Triple Back Suplex" animation) - replaced by Suplex City 1 & 2

- Two Handed Chokeslam 1
- Two Handed Chokeslam Bomb
- Undertaker Knee Strike - replaced by inferior knee strike 3 move.

Renamed Moves:

- crunchy = dudebuster
- double wrist suplex = wrist clutch suplex

- explosive dropkick = dropkick 13

- future shock 2 = butterfly ddt 2

- Reverse Shoulder Breaker = Powerbomb Shoulder Breaker#

- Somersault Cutter = Natural Selection

- Takedown and Leg Breaker = leg pick & leg snap

OTHER:

==================================

Moves which CAMoveset shows as targeting the wrong body part:
- Foot DDT - targets body
- Mongolian Chop 2 - targets legs
- Sit Out Shoulder Breaker - targets legs

Hidden in Movesets but cannot be selected normally:

- Headbutt To Shoulder (Limb Target) - available in Andre The Giant moveset

Never understood why they take moves out, I'm sure the game has plenty of memory for those moves.

So they can bring it back later and they will say it's new. Same with everything else they remove. They are following THQ's legacy for WWE games.

Damn, no running Legdrop then XD other guys still use it, all they had to do was take out the Hogan taunt and leave it in the game

Shame they took out In Yo Face, the new stinkface sucks

Is Yoko's finisher still in the game?

on last gen

A ton of backbreakers......both of the normal back suplexes are gone. So there's no back suplex . A couple scoop slams are gone.. The jawbreaker that Petey Williams did is gone. They reanimated jawbreaker and sitout jawbreaker and they have some weird kicking animation that nobody has ever done except for whoever the mocapper was.

loving all the brand new moves they added. But finding it hard to carry over movesets i made in 2K15....when everytime i turn around i can't find a move im looking for because they removed it, reanimated it and made it look worse, changed the name or made it only available in certain sections.

on last gen

A ton of backbreakers......both of the normal back suplexes are gone. So there's no back suplex . A couple scoop slams are gone.. The jawbreaker that Petey Williams did is gone. They reanimated jawbreaker and sitout jawbreaker and they have some weird kicking animation that nobody has ever done except for whoever the mocapper was.

loving all the brand new moves they added. But finding it hard to carry over movesets i made in 2K15....when everytime i turn around i can't find a move im looking for because they removed it, reanimated it and made it look worse, changed the name or made it only available in certain sections.

No regular Back Suplex? What the heck?

2K have had a whale of a time removing moves on last gen, ffs why take out stomping grounded, head to turnbuckle, Taker knee strike, back Suplex 1...there is loads gone, also they have changed the O Connor roll to a stupid bridge after, Belly stomp has gone replaced with a specific Austin Style version...that's all so far but expecting to find more :-(

2K have had a whale of a time removing moves on last gen, ffs why take out stomping grounded, head to turnbuckle, Taker knee strike, back Suplex 1...there is loads gone, also they have changed the O Connor roll to a stupid bridge after, Belly stomp has gone replaced with a specific Austin Style version...that's all so far but expecting to find more :-(

i dont see back suplex in '15, nor do i see any o'connor rolls...

btw there is an o'connor roll with and without the bridge.

Archived