Step-by-Step Submission System Tutorial

The New Blueguy

This is really pissing me off.

What the hell am I doing wrong? Like the AI's head is in red and I'm filling up the circle and as soon as I chase the blue it's like I can't stay on it. I'm not feeling this new system at all. There should've been an option for us to use this new system or the old system somehow.

do you have stamina? if so, are you using it to boost at all?

sometimes it's better to just sit back and wait for the AI to make their move first as they seem to have a fairly consistent rhythm.

Yeah, most the time I have stamina. I'm trying to just beat them down and wear them out until the part that the submission hurts is completely red then I go for the submission. I will say I just made the AI tap to the Yes Lock. So I guess it just takes some time.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started MyCareer today and had to do the submission training numerous times before I got it. I'll probably get used to it but I'm not really feeling the new system. But I also hated button mashing so whatever. For some reason I always hated dealing with submissions in WWE games. Wish I could just turn them off like we could a few games back.

I feel like the submission system was a lot tighter in EA MMA back on the 360. I tapped out tons of people in EA MMA and I've gotten a grand total of one submission victory in 2k16. Granted my CAW has terrible submission stats, (I'm not gonna max out a CAW) but I feel like the system needs some tweaking.

Seems like a mini-game of cat and mouse where you either give chase or try to run away, whereas I find that a mini-game of tug-of-war would have worked out better, which is how it was in previous games.

As the person applying the submission or trying to escape the submission, you're pulling in one direction or the other. The wrestler in the submission hold is either trying to make it to the ropes or just escape the hold whereas the wrestler applying the submission hold wants to keep a firm grasp and be as much within the center of the ring as possible, away from the ropes. Hence the tug-of-war type of scenario being better suited in this case.

I can't do this at all...I just can't. I've tried countless times. My opponent is on the verge of death. The blue bar goes in literally the complete mirror direction that I go when chasing it, even if I change directions, it knows which way to go and escapes, and I can never touch it for more than a fraction of a second. I never understood this submission system in the UFC game...and now I basically can't perform or escape submissions in WWE either.

Like...how can I do this when the blue bar is on the complete opposite side of the wheel and knows which way to go to escape when I chase it? I can literally not touch it.

I can't do this at all...I just can't. I've tried countless times. My opponent is on the verge of death. The blue bar goes in literally the complete mirror direction that I go when chasing it, even if I change directions, it knows which way to go and escapes, and I can never touch it for more than a fraction of a second. I never understood this submission system in the UFC game...and now I basically can't perform or escape submissions in WWE either.

Like...how can I do this when the blue bar is on the complete opposite side of the wheel and knows which way to go to escape when I chase it? I can literally not touch it.

you just need to anticipate what your opponent is going to do. start moving in a direction to get them to react then move in the opposite direction. use boost to help get you going in the other direction and then tap it as necessary to make quicker adjustments.

just don't hold boost as you'll drain your stamina - fast.

the best analogy is that it's like skating on ice so you need to understand that you cannot change directions quickly. you need to factor this into your decision making process, which is why it's so important to make smaller movements on the stick, rather than large.

The 2 times I got a victory via submission finisher, it was the coolest thing...but a giveaway that something about this system is broken is putting CPU vs. CPU in a Submission match and it taking over 20 minutes, both guys using their submission finishers a bunch of times and neither one has tapped. I like the idea of this system, but I think that would be evidence that something needs fixed about this, atleast in the case of finishers.

Well I can't believe I'm saying this but I pretty much got the hang of this. Still want to master it but it's actually pretty fun now.

And it only took a day ;-) glad you stuck with it
Yeah man! Thanks for your advice and stuff.

I'm glad you got the hang of it after your earlier troubles. It gives me hope. I'll be trying more of it today and I hope it goes better than before.

Well I can't believe I'm saying this but I pretty much got the hang of this. Still want to master it but it's actually pretty fun now.

And it only took a day ;-) glad you stuck with it
Yeah man! Thanks for your advice and stuff.
I'm glad you got the hang of it after your earlier troubles. It gives me hope. I'll be trying more of it today and I hope it goes better than before.
Me too thanks. Yeah man from personal experience definitely keep sticking with it!

I've finally cracked the submission system... Turn off Fatigue in the options menu and it works as I assume 2K intended it to. I have a feeling it's broken atm...

Also, rotate the stick as fast as you can. When it stops (and it will) rotate it in the opposite direction. Bret Hart was easy to beat in Showcase using this method.

Edit* Actually it was a pure fluke. Just been made to submit... This crap needs patching out. It's terrible

I've finally cracked the submission system... Turn off Fatigue in the options menu and it works as I assume 2K intended it to. I have a feeling it's broken atm...

Also, rotate the stick as fast as you can. When it stops (and it will) rotate it in the opposite direction. Bret Hart was easy to beat in Showcase using this method.

Edit* Actually it was a pure fluke. Just been made to submit... This crap needs patching out. It's terrible

it's more challenging but it's not broken. it's not going to get "patched out".

it's more challenging but it's not broken. it's not going to get "patched out".

Um, yes it is... When your opponent can beat you when you're only yellow and they are full red, that is broken. I was sitting there for almost an hour trying to make SCSA tap out and he never would no matter how badly beaten he was. This needs to be patched.

Archived