New video for last gen users from TonyPizzaGuy about wwe 2k16

MondayNightWar2012

I just don't buy the whole "holding back" part when the last gen version is just a gimped 2k14 game with updated roster, I understand the last gen not getting new features but removing some that it previously had just so current gen guys don't bitch about something.

They still need to be produced, created and updated with roster and showcase and more. That costs money. Money that could be spent on other things.

money that they will more than likely make up from last gen users that's why they make the game, doesn't explain why they strip features from last gen that were present in previous games.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't buy the whole "holding back" part when the last gen version is just a gimped 2k14 game with updated roster, I understand the last gen not getting new features but removing some that it previously had just so current gen guys don't bitch about something.

They still need to be produced, created and updated with roster and showcase and more. That costs money. Money that could be spent on other things.

money that they will more than likely make up from last gen users that's why they make the game, doesn't explain why they strip features from last gen that were present in previous games.

I guess it's because they don't care about last gen anymore and they realize its time has long passed.

I guess it's because they don't care about last gen anymore and they realize its time has long passed.

I think that your idea is debunked when they are actually producing a last gen version.

I think that your idea is debunked when they are actually producing a last gen version.

Like Chimera Ant stated, they are "forced" to produce them due to contractual obligations.

They have no other choice than producing a last gen version too. Contracts were made in the past that "force" them too produce the game for a console for a certain amount of years.

But it wilk make them plenty of money i am sure. Doubt 2k are that bothered. Easy money for putting out another bastardised version of a previous better game

They have no other choice than producing a last gen version too. Contracts were made in the past that "force" them too produce the game for a console for a certain amount of years.

But it wilk make them plenty of money i am sure. Doubt 2k are that bothered. Easy money for putting out another bastardised version of a previous better game

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=279528&d=1440140368

Are you completley missing the work that they put on the 120+ wrestlers, showcase mode and moveset for the last gen game? It's not just "easy money".

lol at current gen users being pissed, I still don't believe that crap about last gen not letting current gen version reach its full potential. either way I don't care, if last gen users want to play the game and the company is giving it to them more power for them. it is really a no brainer on why releasing a title for last gen, we are talking about more than 70 million install base counting both last gen consoles.

No offense but when it comes from 2ks mouth, how do you argue with it?

no offenCe either, but. Do you believe everything a company spokes person says?

And you clearly have no understanding of how game development work. When you're creating two separate versions of a game, you have to split your team up. Which means that neither version is getting the full attention. For example, if 2K has 200 people on the WWE development team, with 75 working on the last-gen version, that means that the current version of the game is only has 125 people working on it, which means there's less hands to help things get done quicker.

This is why a lot of AAA studios will outsource their previous gen ports to different companies, so they can keep all of their devs focused on one version.

Maybe instead of trying to turn this into some kind of moronic conspiracy, you should educate yourself on how gave development works and why things are the way they are. They're not feeding you any B.S. They're openly saying the last-gen is inferior and the current gen version isn't what it should be because their team is split up.

The amount of ignorance here makes my head spin. Regardless of whether the game is not up to snuff with your standards, you're completely undermining the work that went into making the game on a console that is over 10 years old.

And if you wanna know why the game doesn't have all of the features, it's because of a little thing called a budget. Yeah, that's right. Games cost money to make... Crazy, I know.

The last-gen team is likely working with a fraction of the money they once had, and are applying that money where they best see fit. If you don't like it, maybe you could cough up a few extra million bucks for them to work with. If they were to give BOTH gen versions a full budget, the games would never turn a profit. Take Two Interactive is a business. And if you were running it, it would likely be bankrupt by the end of the year.

Look, i'm gonna level with you guys on last gen. I get it, I really do. The prospect of going out and buying a new gen console is a nightmare if you don't have much disposable income, I get it.

Here's the thing though guys, the last gen, the seventh gen, had a really good run. It's lasted longer than most, at nearly a decade. Some guys may not be old enough to remember that that isn't normal, and that at this point, the seventh gen is woefully underpowered and forcing a waste of the most precious resource in game development. Time.

I don't blame any of you at all for wanting to stick to seventh gen, whether it be because of money or nostalgia, but you need to recognize that it's time, in fact well past the time, for it to be left in the dust for the up and comers.

Seventh Gen is John Cena or Hulk Hogan, Eighth Gen is Finn Balor.

Bingo. Most console generations last about 5 years before new consoles come out. The only reason the PS4 and Xbox One didn't come out sooner was because of the economy crashing in 2008-2009. Honestly, if it weren't for that, we would likely already be talking about when the PS5 and Xbox 4 come out.

I get it though, some of you were probably children when you got your Xbox 360 or PS3, and it's really all you know. But it really is time to move on. It was years ago, really. You can't expect developers to continue wasting time and resources on consoles that are less powerful than some modern day smartphones. Really.

Again, i dont see many people or anyone moaning we arent getting x features

I understand budget and number of people working on a game. Current gen seems to have managed alright this year though.

Just want some information direct from 2k what is in the game and any tweaks they may have made

All they have done is say no my career, but you get the roster and them mumble something and said nothing

No complaints from me.. I'm glad they did make it for last gen, like they did with nba2k16, and for me, I'm sure I'll love it on last gen, I have faith that the last gen version will be fine. I'm fine with it being almost the same game as last year, with tweaks, because it's 2k, they've never let me down.. Still sour with EA, getting butt hurt, that nfl2k5 out sold madden that year, and we all know what happened after that.

Well, hey, at least entrances are online for last gen! That's honestly something I wish we could have back.

At least last gen knows what they're getting, the same game for the past handful of years — current gen is often a mixed bag all around with new discoveries and exclusions that just harm the game for long-time players.

2K16 is basically much better this year, but I much preferred the last gen version of 2K15 to the current one, and I played both. But I play with divas a lot of the time with lots of online matches. so that might very well be why.

And seriously, last gen isn't holding this game back so much as 2K just keeps holding onto the game as it is. I doubt we'll get a much different game for a long time, it's not that much different than 2K15, gameplay-wise. No way we get a revolutionary game until Yukes is finally kicked to the curb, even if I feel like they've done great for us over the years.

It has nothing to do with money for me I could buy the new system & if I played any other games I'm sure I would, this is the only game I play & the 360 version seems to b missing allot, no my career,superstar studio, new create mode. It sounds like it has even less then 2k15. I may end up getting it for PC if it comes out. was it any good on PC last year?

The only games I play on my PS4 last year I bought for 400 bucks are GTA, NBA & 2k. So.

I understand budget and number of people working on a game. Current gen seems to have managed alright this year though.

Just want some information direct from 2k what is in the game and any tweaks they may have made

All they have done is say no my career, but you get the roster and them mumble something and said nothing

No, but you were calling the game a "bastardized" version which, in context, is indirectly moaning about not getting "x features." Nice job trying to dodge that one though.

I've worked in the games and tech industry as a journalist for almost 7 years, and I can tell you that it's very uncommon for companies to talk about their previous gen versions. Why promote an inferior product? One of the rare cases of a company talking about last gen version happened recently with Black Op 3, and that was only because the game is just multiplayer only on 360 and PS3. No campaign, no zombies, no DLC. If they hadn't mentioned that, there would have been huge backlash. And there still is from people who don't get it, calling Treyarch "lazy" and people with next-gen consoles "spoiled assholes." I've seen it all over Reddit and NeoGAF.

In 2K's case, the expectation is different. Players already got a gimped version last year, and should expect relatively the same game this year.

I've seen a few vids of last gen and the graphics look really good, better than last year. Still the same gameplay. But its does look quite good.

I was extremely worried by the screenshots released, but it looks bloody good, and I've played X1 2k15 & I didn't like the gameplay, I'll have to get used to it in the future probably next year, but for now I'm happy I also only paid £20 for it

Latino Bruiser are you on last gen or current gen?

both, I own a ps3, xbox 360 and a ps4.

No, but you were calling the game a "bastardized" version which, in context, is indirectly moaning about not getting "x features." Nice job trying to dodge that one though.

I've worked in the games and tech industry as a journalist for almost 7 years, and I can tell you that it's very uncommon for companies to talk about their previous gen versions. Why promote an inferior product? One of the rare cases of a company talking about last gen version happened recently with Black Op 3, and that was only because the game is just multiplayer only on 360 and PS3. No campaign, no zombies, no DLC. If they hadn't mentioned that, there would have been huge backlash. And there still is from people who don't get it, calling Treyarch "lazy" and people with next-gen consoles "spoiled assholes." I've seen it all over Reddit and NeoGAF.

In 2K's case, the expectation is different. Players already got a gimped version last year, and should expect relatively the same game this year.

when I call the game a bastardized version I mean in the sense that it gets features that were in it on previous iterations stripped out of the blue.

Look, i'm gonna level with you guys on last gen. I get it, I really do. The prospect of going out and buying a new gen console is a nightmare if you don't have much disposable income, I get it.

Here's the thing though guys, the last gen, the seventh gen, had a really good run. It's lasted longer than most, at nearly a decade. Some guys may not be old enough to remember that that isn't normal, and that at this point, the seventh gen is woefully underpowered and forcing a waste of the most precious resource in game development. Time.

I don't blame any of you at all for wanting to stick to seventh gen, whether it be because of money or nostalgia, but you need to recognize that it's time, in fact well past the time, for it to be left in the dust for the up and comers.

I'd love to get the new gen when I can afford it. But new gen owners are being assholes when they say "get new gen no one cares about the old gen blahblahblah." Like, "shut the *Censored* up and stop acting so superior," at least when most new gen owners say something like that.

Problem is, what did the seventh generation have over sixth generation, when it comes to WWE games? Better graphics, sure, but lots of moves were lost, head details don't look that much like their real life counterparts, the bodies seem to be unrealistic with how jacked up they look, and some match types were taken out, like Buried Alive.

I'd love to get the new gen when I can afford it. But new gen owners are being assholes when they say "get new gen no one cares about the old gen blahblahblah." Like, "shut the *Censored* up and stop acting so superior," at least when most new gen owners say something like that.

Problem is, what did the seventh generation have over sixth generation, when it comes to WWE games? Better graphics, sure, but lots of moves were lost, head details don't look that much like their real life counterparts, the bodies seem to be unrealistic with how jacked up they look, and some match types were taken out, like Buried Alive.

This is because the last-gen is running on a 17-year-old engine, made for a Japanese wrestling game in the 90s by Yukes and just continually added to over the years. It's poorly optimized, and is basically bloated with old code. This causes performance issues, which is why the visuals took a dive after 2010, and started getting that weird, cartoon-like look. And why there are so many weird glitches.

The moves one is a strange topic because there were a lot of reasons why moves would go missing. For a time, WWE was very strict about moves of wrestlers from other promotions being in, or having moves removed if they were used by someone on bad terms with WWE. Sometimes, THQ would have the moves removed because they were added to the list of moves to do new mo-cap for, but that is really time prohibitive, so they would sometimes disappear for 2-3 year before they would be added back with a new animation.

WWE 2K15's engine was rebuilt from the ground up, and only plucking code from the old engine here and there. It's also a more flexible engine. Last-gen consoles have been using HAVOK for a lot of their physics, which clashed with some of the code from the Yukes engine, causing issues.

This is why Visual Concepts is basically slowly weeding Yukes out of the process, so they can have more internal control over the development.

People aren't saying "No one cares about last gen" anymore to be assholes, it's because the world is moving on. After this Holiday, 360 and PS3 are basically going to ride into the sunset. Why? Cost. The smartphone in your pocket has faster hardware than your Xbox 360 and PS3. Not a joke. The 360 and PS3 have 512 MBs of internal RAM, where a most smartphones now have 2 GBs; and low-end phones have 1 GB. And the graphics processors are faster as well. The only reason you don't get console graphics on them is the battery would be murdered.

If you can't afford an 8th gen console, that's fine, but there have been tons of deals happening this year where you could trade-in your Xbox 360 and PS3 for $150 at GameStop in the U.S. And if you didn't buy WWE 2K16, there's $210 of your $300 needed (I say $300 because there are a ton of $300 PS4 and Xbox One sales). The PS4 and Xbox One are outselling previous gen consoles so developers have their full attention in that direction, because there is a ton of new money to be made.

Archived