U.S. Politics Discussion

Undercard Jamoke

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing Carson has said has outright pissed me off. However, due to his comments on Obamacare being worst thing since slavery and Darwin being influenced by Satan, I just cannot take the guy seriously.

In terms of "non-politicians", I did like Herman Cain, but we all know how that ended up.

Don't even get me started on Herman Cain. I think he would of been a great choice to run against Obama but once he started gaining momentum the media made sure to do whatever they had to, to get him out of the race.

As far as the slavery comment though. I agree that he could of worded it different....but he has a point.

First let me say that I have no problem with government programs like Medicaid or food stamps that help people who are down on their luck.

The problem though is that these programs are no longer used as a way to help people until they can get off them. They are used as a program for people to live the rest of their life on. They become "slaves" to the government because the government does nothing to help these people (myself included at one point in my life) better themselves. These programs encourage people to become lazy and "needing" the government.

Nothing Carson has said has outright pissed me off. However, due to his comments on Obamacare being worst thing since slavery and Darwin being influenced by Satan, I just cannot take the guy seriously.

In terms of "non-politicians", I did like Herman Cain, but we all know how that ended up.

Don't even get me started on Herman Cain. I think he would of been a great choice to run against Obama but once he started gaining momentum the media made sure to do whatever they had to, to get him out of the race.

As far as the slavery comment though. I agree that he could of worded it different....but he has a point.

First let me say that I have no problem with government programs like Medicaid or food stamps that help people who are down on their luck.

The problem though is that these programs are no longer used as a way to help people until they can get off them. They are used as a program for people to live the rest of their life on. They become "slaves" to the government because the government does nothing to help these people (myself included at one point in my life) better themselves. These programs encourage people to become lazy and "needing" the government.

I do think Obamacare needs reform, but the idea in principle is a good thing I think at least.

Yeah, I liked Cain, but didn't it end up coming out that the lady lied about him anyways?

Trump is literally one or two steps away from becoming the second Hitler or whoever else in position of power supported rounding up a group of people and sticking them in one area. All that's left is for Trump or his supporters to advocate killing Muslims.

Good *censored*ing Christ, I'm scared that he might win. Out of all republicans that'd probably damage US even more, he'd do the most damage.

Have you ever heard of Japanese internment camps, dude? Yeah we did that. Trump is the next FDR confirmed

I wanted to add "at least we were in war with Japan" until I realized even that didn't excuse the camps, especially when Japanese Americans were willing to give their lives for US. At least FDR did more than Trump would ever do for the US.

FDR was a damn good president aside from his neutrality stance during WWII and the Japanese American issue. He legit opted to put them all in camps instead of acknowledging that not every citizen of Japanese descent agreed or were loyal to Japan or it's emperor. And it was pure race phobia, because of the million Nazi sympathizers and American Nazi groups we had, they didn't have to go to internment camps. In fact, they were allowed to exist and build and operate their own conclaves of sort, see Yaphank, Long Island.

Trump is the worst thing that can happen to the American people if he actually ends up being elected. I honestly thought his hype would've died down and he'd be an afterthought a long time ago. But the fact that he's still in the race shows to me how civilization has declined.

How does it show you we've declined when we have tons of tyrannical dictators from the past we're comparing him to? I guess it might show we haven't progressed much but how declined?

The fact that Trump is actually being elected, I guess...whereas other jerk leaders just assumed power.

I don't agree with everything that Trump says. In fact I'm probably split 50/50 on the things that he says. But I love that he says them though. I love that he says them because everyone else running for president won't.

If you disagree with him, that's your choice and you don't have to vote for him. But he says how he feels and could you imagine if every politician on both the left and the right said what they really believe instead of saying what they think you want to hear?

Maybe if they all did that, then we'd actually solve some problems in this country and people wouldn't feel screwed over when the candidate they voted for, turns around and goes against the "values" they claimed to have during the election.

Why wouldn't republicans want to say they would quarantine Muslims and ban any future Muslims and refugees from coming in when the public in general is Islamophobic? I also doubt many republicans are racist enough to think or even say all Hispanics are thieves and/or murderers, though clearly lying and deceit aren't above the party group. Only thing that sets Trump apart from ISIS or Hitler, right now, is that he doesn't believe in mass murder, as far as we know.

I'm convinced at this point that Trump and his supporters are horrible people, and attacking minorities at his rallies while Trump defends the actions just prove this view even more. You'd have to be a racist or bigoted in some way to actually agree with Trump and support him when it comes to what he says about races and religions.

ISIS is one of the most evil threats the world has seen so far, and they would do horrible things if they had the chance. I don't think you can fight this kind of evil with a happy go lucky, lets be friends kind of attitude. We need leadership that isn't afraid to make tough and unpopular decisions. I'm no more confident in Hillary than I am with Trump. Hillary will probably just continue what Obama has been doing and focus on "defeating" global warming while terrorism furthers it's grip on the world.

Do you read the news? Do you live under a rock? They are doing horrible things. They're taking responsibility for San Bernardino and Paris, extorting money from Muslims, and killing people in general.

however, Muslims aren't ISIS, and they themselves condemn ISIS. Just as much, ISIS isn't made up of just Muslims, as a newspaper did an article on how white girls were joining ISIS (and then regretting it....). I don't think anyone ever said they want to befriend ISIS, so I don't know where you got that from, but that's exactly the attitude we need to have towards innocent Muslims. It baffles me how idiotic people are that they don't realize their bigotry is exactly what ISIS wants because it causes more Muslims to be radicalized due to being treated like shit.

Our war is against the ISIS, not against Islam. All people like Trump are doing is helping ISIS.

We do have a leadership that isn't afraid to make tough and unpopular decisions. I'm pretty sure trying to stay out of war with ISIS is unpopular.

I'm voting for Elon Musk in 2020...by then, he will have successfully traveled back in time and flown his pregnant mother into the United States, battling through an army of T-800's (the T stands for Trumpbot), effectively making himself a natural born US citizen, and usurping power from our robot overlords.

Archived