U.S. Politics Discussion

Undercard Jamoke

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not romanticizing anything. You don't seem to be taking them as serious as you should though. That's on you. I just pointed out the stupidity of you trying to layout the mindset of what you think a home invader would do. That is what's laughable.

And again you didn't say that literally. I already mentioned that. You are the only one hung up on it. You said it wasn't wise and people really shouldn't and they should call the police. But next you said you would still bum rush them with a bat or whatever you had lying around. This was more about the dumbshit you were actually saying like how they don't want to use their guns that they bring into your home which is nonsense for a couple reasons. Or how having a non lethal weapon would give you a better chance because the wouldn't feel as threatened.

Lol...no.

Yeah. This discussion is truly over.

Your reading and comprehension skills are about a -4.

Not romanticizing anything. You don't seem to be taking them as serious as you should though. That's on you. I just pointed out the stupidity of you trying to layout the mindset of what you think a home invader would do. That is what's laughable.

And again you didn't say that literally. I already mentioned that. You are the only one hung up on it. You said it wasn't wise and people really shouldn't and they should call the police. But next you said you would still bum rush them with a bat or whatever you had lying around. This was more about the dumbshit you were actually saying like how they don't want to use their guns that they bring into your home which is nonsense for a couple reasons. Or how having a non lethal weapon would give you a better chance because the wouldn't feel as threatened.

Lol...no.

Yeah. This discussion is truly over.

Your reading and comprehension skills are about a -4.

Yeah it's for the best. I've lost track of how many times you contradicted yourself and your argument fell through. I can tell when you've run out of bullshit cause you always try to end it or take some shot at someone. You were really done after using the term pseudo-macho, lol. I bet you use the word mansplain too, huh?

By the way, just this last thing. That part you bolded. You said that you didn't recommend anyone confronting an invader then said that you still would though using whatever you had in your bedroom. No comprehension problem here. You're just making stupid points and trying to brush it off.

By the way, just this last thing. That part you bolded. You said that you didn't recommend anyone confronting an invader then said that you still would though using whatever you had in your bedroom. No comprehension problem here. You're just making stupid points and trying to brush it off.

Christ, your lack of intellect is astounding. I said that no one should go out of their way to involve themselves in a direct conflict. I said that weapons should be used to defend oneself if they become involved in a conflict that is unavoidable. I never said "grab a bat and bum-rush a man with a gun"...you absolute goon. Every time you post, you prove without a shadow of a doubt that you can't read worth a shit.

Not to mention...You *censored*ing ended another human's life. Unless you're a sociopath that is gonna affect you aswell.

Yeah, definitely this too.

In short, people who have firearms for home self-defense are entirely too caught up in the romance of the whole thing than the reality of it, IMO. Hell...half of them probably expect to simply point the gun at the person and scare them off without firing...which, again...can get you shot and killed if the person also has a gun. Or, if there are multiple assailants, and you think you've shot the only one.

Truth of the matter is, you shoot at someone...you've engaged them in a life or death situation. Now they're backed against a wall, and will do things they might not have intended to do. If they have a gun, that includes shooting you to death. If you bum rush someone with a baseball bat, for example...you're mostly telling them "you better flee, or you're going to continue to get beaten with a baseball bat". You've given them a choice. They don't absolutely HAVE to shoot you in order to survive. It's an option. Again, I don't really recommend attacking a home invader in any capacity. Would I? Yes...I would grab any number of the bats, clubs, knives, etc that I have in my bedroom, and I would definitely attack them. BUT...it's not the smart thing to do. And I think that having a gun only makes you a target in most cases.

Christ, your lack of intellect is astounding. I said that no one should go out of their way to involve themselves in a direct conflict. I said that weapons should be used to defend oneself if they become involved in a conflict that is unavoidable. I never said "grab a bat and bum-rush a man with a gun"...you absolute goon. Every time you post, you prove without a shadow of a doubt that you can't read worth a shit.

mmmmkay. You also never used the term unavoidable or hinted at it at all. You were too busy talking out of your ass. Just stop. You're done. You even said you were. Move on

How can in any capacity sound reasonable that you need a *censored*ing gun to live peacfully in your own home? And what, be constantly on the edge if somone will break into your home? Shouldn't THAT be the problem?

I think what generally is the problem with U.S politics (since that is thread actually), are freaking priorities. And issuess that are constantly brought up that actually don't have that much of an impact on your own quality of life.

Healthcare? Only to cover your own ass. Education? Never heard of it.

Again, I'd really like to hear some opinions on how long do you think this shit will last? Because the system is becoming less and less sustainable evry day.

Makes sense. Guns can protect you if you have access to it without getting attacked and can use it against the intruder without being attacked or countered. Like I said, a shotgun did help a storeowner stop a robbery. Plus, it'd be better to hide and hope the intruder comes to you so you can shoot him or make sure he doesn't have a gun before you pop out and tell him to hark and let the police arrest him.

Before Trump, I'd have said US will still last for a long while. After Trump though, no idea as he and other republicans are hurting the country with their bullshit. And republicans are usually trying to hurt US citizens who aren't wealthy, so issues are hard to try and solve or fix. You have idiots who think the poor don't deserve welfare but support giving free handouts to the wealthy, even.

Both of you are so stubborn I'm surprised you haven't blown your brains out. Specially Gen since he is practically talking to a damn wall

you damn left-wing pig

Both of you are so stubborn I'm surprised you haven't blown your brains out. Specially Gen since he is practically talking to a damn wall

Bdon's superiority complex really doesn't burden me in any way.

I think he's a little bit on the uneducated side...but, I don't hate him for it.

Don't say things like that on this forum.

I think he's a little bit on the uneducated side...but, I don't hate him for it.

Is he really, though? I mean, he and I disagree on tons of things, but he hasn't shown to be uneducated, just ignorant about a lot of stuff. Though, almost everyone is ignorant about a lot of things, anyway.

Is he really, though? I mean, he and I disagree on tons of things, but he hasn't shown to be uneducated, just ignorant about a lot of stuff. Though, almost everyone is ignorant about a lot of things, anyway.

Being willfully ignorant is really no different than being uneducated.

That, to an extent, is also true. But if the knowledge bestowed onto one conflicts with the knowledge bestowed onto another, the one obtaining the knowledge cannot be at fault. They believe the information they've received is correct, which affects their judgment and opinions.

You have to be able to see the other's side in order to have healthy conversation/debate and I think you two have such a history of believing your knowledge is truer that you take less time to understand what the other is saying.

We are not a hive mind. We are all individuals. That above all else needs to be understood

Archived