U.S. Politics Discussion

Undercard Jamoke

Eh, abortion can be better than forcing a mother to give birth only to have her abandon the baby somewhere or give the baby to adoption center or whatnot where they have bad lives. If pro-lifers truly cared about lives/souls, then they wouldn't be against accepting refugee children and wouldn't be against supporting children who need welfare or shelter and food.

I'm mixed on abortion and this is coming from a Christian. On one hand I don't agree with it and don't believe in the idea of it. However there are some incidents such as rape which makes me more understanding and accepting of it. (I don't feel as sorry for kids being careless and having sex without protection or having sex in general without realizing the risks. That shows your not mature enough to even be having sex.). I also think if we are going to accept abortions that there should be some kind of cutoff. Images of full size babies being killed are some of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. I don't know what the time tables should be but if you want to have an abortion say 1-2 months into being pregnant fine...but don't be 6 months pregnant and be like be like "gee..I changed my mind about this whole pregnant thing".

I don't like the idea of abortion, but I am pro choice more than I am pro life. I am sure if we somehow find a way to prevent alcohol or drunk sex, there'd be far less pregnancies and as result, abortions.

Then don't look at the images? I mean, it's not like you're being affected if women get abortion. Your tax money isn't paying for abortion anyway.

I just wish people decided they don't want to have the kid BEFORE having sex, not after. Are people too dumb or lazy to not use protection if they have no intent on wanting kids.

Dumb generalization

How is that dumb though? Take some damn responsibility. Either don't have sex(which is hard I know) or the more realistic option, wrap it up. Are there still chances? Yes. Sometimes birth control isn't enough so wrap it up. And no, truck stop condoms are not the answer. The people that have the most accidents I guarantee you are the ones who trust birth control too much, using shitty condoms, or using the pullout method. That's their fault. I'm not against people and their choice. Their choice won't affect me. But where it starts to piss me off is when someone decides stop the life of a child and wants to have insurance pay for it. Pony up the dough for your mistake or take care of it. You want an abortion I won't stop you. When taxpayers have to pay for some trashy assholes getting government assistance to get shit like that done is where I draw the line. They already get enough of my money. Now we got to pay for more because they have no responsibility? Granted I don't want any more of their spawn running around either, but we shouldn't pay for it.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Generalization is stupid. Even when a guy gets vasectomy, there's always a chance of him knocking up a woman. Even condoms aren't 100% effective, although pullout method is honestly one the most idiotic "solution" ever. You don't even have to cum inside her to impregnate.

Many times, a lot of people who claim a fetus has a soul or indicates they care about what happens to the fetus tend to be against supporting kids on welfare or be against refugee children being allowed to enter the country. Not sure if they really do care about fetuses or if they're just butting in where it's none of their business. Politicians and everyone else should honestly *Censored* off and not be concerned about women they don't know getting abortion, they have no right to limit the women's right.

But according to researches, abortions aren't paid for with tax money, at all. I think that's actually forbidden. Yeah, most insurance pays to a degree, but it's illegal to put tax money towards abortion.

Pretty sure it costs more tax money to support a kid than it probably would for a woman to get abortion. If the mom doesn't want the kid, what stops her from tossing the kid into the dumpster, water, or abandoning it? Even if she keeps it, she could be mad at the kid and treat it like shit or neglect it. Or hell, even if she gives it away, there's no way to guarantee the kid will have a good life, and if it lives in an adoption center, there's a good chance it won't have a good life. Lot of anti-abortionists don't realize that protecting the fetus won't mean it will have a good life.

I honestly think M3J isn't happy unless he is arguing with someone. If someone had said "who cares about the fetus, let them get an abortion" he would have been arguing that abortions are murder, but since I said people shouldn't be having unprotected sex if they are going to abort the child, he calls my argument dumb. The dude is the local troll living under the bridge.

I honestly think M3J isn't happy unless he is arguing with someone. If someone had said "who cares about the fetus, let them get an abortion" he would have been arguing that abortions are murder, but since I said people shouldn't be having unprotected sex if they are going to abort the child, he calls my argument dumb. The dude is the local troll living under the bridge.

I'm starting to feel that way about it too, lol.

What

I basically said I don't agree with abortion, but I wouldn't stop anyone from getting an abortion, it's their right. I called your generalization dumb, not your argument. I think I even mentioned why - protection doesn't necessarily prevent pregnancy, it just increases chances. Did you not have sex ed? There have been cases where men who got vasectomy impregnated a woman, or a couple who were using pills or condom or whatnot got pregnant. I mean, good sex ed teachers even reinforce the fact that the only thing 100% effective against pregnancy and STD is abstinence.

You do know the difference between generalization and argument, yes? It's like saying all republicans are selfish, greedy asses or all democrats are good - stupid generalizations.

Nice jerking :v

Nice jerking :v

So gonna contribute? Cause if not you might as well keep outta this one

From an outside point of view, living in the UK, I find it really difficult to associate with anyone other than Bernie Sanders. Franky, I'm dumbfounded Trump is getting any support at all. Seeing that he's suggested a punishment for abortion –– that's just not on.

Additionally, everyone in America apart from Native Americans are immigrants –– I feel anyone should be entitled to travel and life where they like, as long as they contribute and integrate to the society which they become a part of. I'm all for removing individuals who cause more havoc than they do good. However, putting up a racist wall because a portion of society is too lazy to put the work in to get the jobs themselves, or educate themselves to apply themselves to higher skill jobs (which are being taken by foreign workers who have worked for it) is not on.

Fundamentally, we're all human. Underneath, we're all the same.

From an outside point of view, living in the UK, I find it really difficult to associate with anyone other than Bernie Sanders. Franky, I'm dumbfounded Trump is getting any support at all. Seeing that he's suggested a punishment for abortion –– that's just not on.

Additionally, everyone in America apart from Native Americans are immigrants –– I feel anyone should be entitled to travel and life where they like, as long as they contribute and integrate to the society which they become a part of. I'm all for removing individuals who cause more havoc than they do good. However, putting up a racist wall because a portion of society is too lazy to put the work in to get the jobs themselves, or educate themselves to apply themselves to higher skill jobs (which are being taken by foreign workers who have worked for it) is not on.

Fundamentally, we're all human. Underneath, we're all the same.

Calling everyone except Amerindians in the U.S. "immigrants" is nonsensical. The U.S. was not founded by Amerindians, and ethnic groups like European and African Americans have been in the U.S. since it's very beginning. Until very recently the U.S. was basically just a white majority with a black minority. Insinuating that they do not belong in the U.S. (not founded by Amerindians) because they are not Amerindians, and hence have zero right to object to immigration is nonsensical.

Also calling a wall to protect the southern border of the U.S. "racist" is also nonsensical. Donald Trump is against illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrant is based upon your immigration status according to United States law, not your biological racial group. Even if you said Mexicans, again, Mexican is a citizen of the state of Mexico, not based upon your biological racial group.

The claim that Donald Trump is a racist is simply not true.

How the *Censored* does building a wall help? Anyone who thinks it'll help or is a long-term/permanent solution is a pure dumbass, simple as.

The US was found on the blood, sweat, and tears of Native Americans. The Native Americans helped the white settlers survive, but then the white settlers tried to make them slaves, which didn't work. The settlers and eventually the government tortured and killed Native Americans for more land. While the US was not founded by Native Americans, they were here first, and they did not deserve to lose their land, especially in a violent way.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived