Breaking the street.

sdd619

We are 2 weeks away from the game being released & a lot of the time they make us wait till release date to receive the game, but then we have those off years that stores will break the street date. Now I know we have people on here & will probably answer this, but who thinks they will break the street date this year?

I personally think they will break it. The reason why is. They released the creation suit this week. Usually the will wait till next week to release it, but I believe they are so confident in the game they made this year. As they have kept little to no secrets about the game. But that is my thought. What about all of you?

Well, I will never forget getting WWE '12 a week before it was released everywhere else, and I remember posting about it over here and providing as much info as I could. I got '13 a few days earlier as well.

I am seriously hoping I would find 2K16 in a week! I'm in Saudi Arabia, for anyone wondering.

Well, I will never forget getting WWE '12 a week before it was released everywhere else, and I remember posting about it over here and providing as much info as I could. I got '13 a few days earlier as well.

I am seriously hoping I would find 2K16 in a week! I'm in Saudi Arabia, for anyone wondering.

There's usually somebody from Saudi Arabia who gets the game early and posts it on YouTube.

Breaking the street?

Is that a new variation of the street fight...where weapons are not only welcomed, they're allowed?

Anyway, no store can legally break the street date. If they do, they are subject to fines. Will it happen? Probably. It usually happens accidentally. Someone doesn't read a sticker, puts the game out early...some copies get sold before it gets pulled. But it's not legal.

I'm sure Brock Lesnar can break the street.

I remember there was this one store here downtown that used to do it all the time, but they got shut down a couple years ago. :(

Hear in Australia I've heard stores here have some sort of embargo lock on the cash register preventing sales for games to be released (JB has one) so it's been a lot harder for games to break.

Though it doesn't stop smaller stores or online stores who get stock early and get shipped.

I've never seen a shop break street date, at least for WWE Games. However, I'm fairly certain my local GAME sells preorder exclusive copies straight on the shelf (which is how I got Ultimate Warrior for 2K14 without preordering), so that's always nice.

Legends of Wrestlemania came out 2 weeks before due date.

Game Express where I worked many years ago in Brooklyn used to break street date all the time. I had every WWE game about a week to a few days from HCTP all the way to Smackdown vs Raw 2010 early

Reminds me of the time I worked at GAME and one of our regulars (who happened to be a trainee wrestler) went to an indy shop nearby and got Smackdown (HCTP if I remember) on the Tuesday, came into the store to tell me he'd got it (waving the copy in the air) and damn near caused a riot of kids thinking we were selling early!! :lol:

Mind you it seems to me that aside from the odd instance of "early delivery" from Amazon etc, that release dates are generally strictly enforced. Besides, I'm 35 so I've learned to wait.

Reminds me of the time I worked at GAME and one of our regulars (who happened to be a trainee wrestler) went to an indy shop nearby and got Smackdown (HCTP if I remember) on the Tuesday, came into the store to tell me he'd got it (waving the copy in the air) and damn near caused a riot of kids thinking we were selling early!! :lol:

Mind you it seems to me that aside from the odd instance of "early delivery" from Amazon etc, that release dates are generally strictly enforced. Besides, I'm 35 so I've learned to wait.

Those were the days. My first actual proper street break of a game was HCTP as well, played that from 7pm I got home right through to the following day at 7am, it was just that damn good.

I'm sure we'll get some videos or photos this week in some way.

Archived