Friday the 13th game

Generations

Will be for PC, PS4 and XBox One

Source: http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/10/13/9491031/friday-the-13th-is-back

It's a third-person asymmetrical hide-and-seek game. Think Evolveexcept the monster is the one doing the chasing.

• You get to be Jason, the murderous maniac who hunts down holidaying kids and carves them up. Jason is significantly overpowered.
  • Or you get to be any one of up to seven teenage campers trying not to be murdered by Jason. The teenagers have limited abilities but they can turn to cooperation, which can often be a hindrance.
  • The game is set in Camp Crystal Lake, the same location as the early movies. The maps include random drops of stuff like weapons, escape vehicles and telephones. These are always the things you want to get to if you are trying to escape from a crazed murderer, while also being the things you want to hide near if you are a crazed murderer.
  • There's no time limit. You either have to murder all the teenagers or you have to be a teenager who escapes from the lake by boat, car or by finding and fixing a telephone and calling in the cops.
  • Everyone in the game is an actual human being. There are no bots. Human beings are devious and human beings are dumb, especially when we are scared. This frightened-silly dumbness is the engine that drives Friday the 13th.

OaQh3l7.png

phW08b9.png

X3kbU9u.png

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's gonna fail. People want a single player story with multiplayer as an add on. I guess nobody learned from the fate of Titanfall and Evolve.

I was under the assumption that Titanfall did pretty well?

I'm thinking about backing the $75.00 option so I can get a physical copy.

• 7 months later...

They updated their kickstarter, if they manage to get a certain amount they'll be able to introduce a single player challenge and single player campaign mode.

Sounds kinda like Dead By Daylight, except better imo. Looking forward to this.

They actually acknowledged the similarities on facebook, and wished them well. It actually makes me happy because Dead By Daylights popularity proves the game-style will work.

Yeah, me too, specifically H2O delirious since the guy can pull off "serial killer" way too easily.

Apparently one of the kickstarter goals is the ability to play as Pamela Voorhees. That'll be amusing.

I was playing MKX today and used Jason. The guy is huge in that game, not sure if he is supposed to be that big in the movies. He's even bigger than the damn Predator in MK.

Jason is an incredibly large being. Somewhere at the 7 feet tall mark I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived