What would of been a good pre-order?

Seifer Almasy

I notice many people (Including me don't care for Terminator as a pre-order incentive. What would of been more to your own liking? Within realistic possiblity.

Mine would be an ECW Arena and WCW Monday Night Nitro Arena.

Side question so I don't need to start a new topic. Do you think they will have small ECW sized arenas in CAA? Or is NXT the smallest size?

RoboCop AND The Terminator.

As sad as I am going to sound I was hoping they might have had another non-wrestling character and I wanted RoboCop lol.

RoboCop has WCW ties, so WWE wouldn't do that probably since they want to kill WCW so badly.

That's true, but an 80s movie fan can dream.

Terminator isn't a bad DLC character at all...but you had to figure younger, more modern-type wrestling fans would find this pointless. Seeing as people didn't mind Bruce Lee at all [in the UFC game] and were even hoping to possibly see a Ronda Rousey model make it into this game, I guess it's mainly a matter of credibility, fighting-wise, moreso than general celebrity. Like....people would've bitched equally if it had been Sylvester Stallone from one or two of the Rocky movies....or Robocop....or like Steven Segal...and I'd pop for any of those people; just not as incentive to place a pre-order. lol

This year, that pre-order slot was meant for either Samoa Joe or Ronda Rousey. I mean, if you really, really wanna get down to it, Owen Hart is the last big Legend left [that has yet to make a modern game] that people really, really want badly to make it in, but that's just not looking to be in the cards anytime in the near future.

1. I would've made Ronda Rousey the pre-order bonus.

2. I would've made the Special Edition of the game ECW-themed, with 6 or 7 ECW alumni models (Sandman, Sabu, Dreamer, Dudleyz, Balls Mahoney, Kurt Angle '06), a couple new weapon-types for Extreme Rules matches held in the ECW Arena (barbed wire bat, singapore cane, stop sign, trashcan, thumbtacks, etc) , and 1 or 2 extra ECW venues (Hammerstein Ballroom springs to mind), just to really sweeten the pot. You wouldn't need to add dumb dolls or keychains of whatever...just some really cool extra stuff for the game and we're sold.

3. Samoa Joe would be the Season Pass exclusive model. Either him or the 4 Horsewomen altogether. I love Paige, but no way in hell was I gonna purchase a Season Pass in 2K15 just for her....with that weak ass Diva roster, even less. lol. From a business standpoint, Joe's the only one who'd push sales on his own this year as a model, besides the unlikely CM Punk....Rhino, the 4HW, and even a Jushin Liger would be safer choices to sell via a DLC pack of some sort instead of alone.

People would've responded way better to Arnold as random DLC instead of a pre-order bonus, I think. Nobody would've seen it coming and popped....whereas, when you make him seem like he should be the big selling point of a WWE game, you come under the kinda scrutiny they came under for it.

Making Arnold a DLC character is dumb because you'd be paying money for a non-wrestler. Pre-order was better because it's "free," all at the cost of pre-ordering. Unless the Terminators came with more than five new moves each that were different, I wouldn't spend any money on it.

Making Arnold a DLC character is dumb because you'd be paying money for a non-wrestler. Pre-order was betteYupr because it's "free," all at the cost of pre-ordering. Unless the Terminators came with more than five new moves each that were different, I wouldn't spend any money on it.

Yup. This

The Few I think would work

Stephen Amell/Aarow (do to summerslam obliviously)

4 horsewomen (have it where get 1 of them depending on where you buy from, the rest being available day 1)

The Dudley Boyz

The Brian Kendrick & Rhyno

Big Bossman

Viscera

Owen Hart (I know it was unlikely)

Demolition

Sid

Jeff Jarrett

Papa Shango

Mike Tyson

Mr. Perfect

The Road warriors

(I figure these guys would be way more popular then terminator, and would sell the game better)

Making Arnold a DLC character is dumb because you'd be paying money for a non-wrestler. Pre-order was better because it's "free," all at the cost of pre-ordering. Unless the Terminators came with more than five new moves each that were different, I wouldn't spend any money on it.

That's what's odd about this marketing decision. Is it cool? Sure it is. But....you're not really doing anything that would target the PS4/XB1 gamer's general age range with Arnold models...retro-based ones, at that. The Attitude Era's age range of fans are getting what they want just by the Austin Showcase and all the stuff that comes with it...and they probably also love the indy darlings sprinkled all over the WWE and NXT rosters that are making it into this year's roster and what not...so they didn't need and probably don't care much that Arnold's in. He isn't a pre-order sale driver. And then, he wouldn't drive Season Pass sales, either. He should've just really been a free DLC character for next-gen users with Gold memberships on PSN (and the XB1 equivalent) and that's that. It's meant to be a free character, and it only makes sense to be the pre-order bonus if they really just had absolutely nothing nor anyone else of greater relevance to offer. It is what it is.

Archived