Let's have a mature discussion about gender restrictions in the GAME

AussieKat

The main thing that cut this out were when Chris Benoit murdered his Family and then killed himself which in my opinion should had no effect on intergender matches since they have nothing to do with such a thing.

No... We had male/female for like 5 years after that. Think you could do it up to WWE 12.

Yep. We had that whole "Defeat Khali with Mickie James" challenge and such.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't you guys realise that a game with man on woman violence could get a more restrictive category in the PEGI/ERSB and many parents would avoid to buy that for their kids? Like ir or not, a videogame is mainly focused for children, and this way they could lose their main market target and consequently a lot of money.

Don't you guys realise that a game with man on woman violence could get a more restrictive category in the PEGI/ERSB and many parents would avoid to buy that for their kids? Like ir or not, a videogame is mainly focused for children, and this way they could lose their main market target and consequently a lot of money.

Considering parents buy their kids GTA, Mortal Kombat, and other such games, I HIGHLY doubt intergender matches would cause that.

I've always been against the restrictions that the female characters suffered in the games over the years. I mean at one point you could use them in any match, against men, even in season mode but then year by year they stripped away their freedom. I don't think it makes much sense because when you look at other games, the female character aren't restricted. And hello, it's fiction! None of it is real so if they're doing it for the kids or complaining parents, sponsors, those naysayers need to get a damn grip. WWE is scripted TV with the performers doing their own stunts. Whether you see men vs. women on the TV show or the game, WWE isn't promoting domestic violence, it's entertainment, it's just like what you see on every other TV or in any movie. People on the outside are so quick to call it fake but complain when they see a dude give a girl his finisher. F**K OFF! Rant over lol!

I think it should be added as a selectable ability, but just don't give it to any current divas (at least by default) since the excuse is that it doesn't match the product.

So a CAW of Chyna could face men but not The Bellas and you could have more freedom with CAWs.

On a similar note, it could also be given to caws of Andy Kaufman, who wrestled women, and not Brock Lesnar.

There's also a lot of moves in the game you would never see on WWE TV, particularly indie moves, but they are in for character customization unrelated to the WWE stars, so why not the same for female vs male?

Political correctness in video games hasn't been a thing since the 90s, with the exception of these most recent WWE games. They even blur the middle finger, wtf. (It was not blurred on TV, so don't buy that excuse. Don't believe me? YouTube...)

actually it was.

Atleast the version I saw

I personally enjoyed it when WWE games didn't have gender restrictions and divas could wrestle superstars. Since they put in the restrictions I stopped making Diva CAWs and haven't really used divas much anymore. I mean its just a game, so what if divas wrestle superstars? I know its a silly example but look at Tekken, Street Fighter and other fighting games, female characters fight male characters all the time.

I think it should be added as a selectable ability, but just don't give it to any current divas (at least by default) since the excuse is that it doesn't match the product.

So a CAW of Chyna could face men but not The Bellas and you could have more freedom with CAWs.

On a similar note, it could also be given to caws of Andy Kaufman, who wrestled women, and not Brock Lesnar.

There's also a lot of moves in the game you would never see on WWE TV, particularly indie moves, but they are in for character customization unrelated to the WWE stars, so why not the same for female vs male?

Actually, WWE Smackdown 2 handled it in a way which I kinda liked. You had THREE genders to choose from for your characters in that game.

Male, Female, and ???.

The ??? gender allowed you to make a female character and go for male titles. But you could also make a male wrestler the ??? gender, and it was kinda funny, cause when they had those silly "beauty" contests in cutscenes, you could end up with your dude as a contestant and it was kinda hilarious.

I remember on one of the games (SvR, I think), I had this DX faction and the only three active members left were the leader, his wife, and his older brother. They were feuding against the commissioner. The commissioner got a new bodyguard, who was this big unstoppable behemoth. The bodyguard annihilated all three of them. Those were the days. Not that I like men beating up women or anything like that, but well, that was some crazy heel heat.

There should be a choice in the options.

I think in the old WWF Attitude game there was an option to switch from Kids Viewing to Mature Audience or something like that, all it did was change the entrance music for some wrestlers but if they took that as a base setting and put that into a new game it would solve this whole problem by giving people a choice.

There should be a choice in the options.

I think in the old WWF Attitude game there was an option to switch from Kids Viewing to Mature Audience or something like that, all it did was change the entrance music for some wrestlers but if they took that as a base setting and put that into a new game it would solve this whole problem by giving people a choice.

I actually remember that.

I think with all the feminism and equality talk going around in this day and age, they could atleast make it a quiet thing in Options, like Blood, that we could toggle on or off. Also, there's plenty of companies out there these days that do intergender-style matches that are actually credible. I just saw a Christina Von Eerie vs. Chris Dickinson match on Youtube the other day that was f'ing crazy and awesome and still somewhat believable. I think it'd be a fun thing to bring back, and, for girls and Diva fans and what not who get shafted every year, this sort of freedom to have women face and have a shot at going over on guys in video games to be an empowering and entertaining sort of thing. Hell, make it an achievement objective. Just so long as Weight Detection comes into play and all that sorta shit, to keep things believable until a male Superstar reaches a certain damage level.

Well, yeah. I don't mind if it were an offline only toggle in the options like some have said, but not be able to be done online kind of like blood is. I find it hard to believe that the parents that are buying this game for their kids are going to be mature enough for this to ever happen. (The kids, not the parents. :lol: )

Gotta love dat PC version :hqhq:

Is 2k16 confirmed for PC yet?

A toggle, like some have suggested, would be great. I know WWE games are supposed to be authentic to the current product but c'mon, it's a video game. Would love to bring in some Divas for the Royal Rumble (and not just ones like Beth Phoenix or Chyna).

In Lego Games, a male lego can knock off a female lego's lego-head....still rated E/E10

In Lego Games, a male lego can knock off a female lego's lego-head....still rated E/E10

Slight difference; the people in. LEGO games are toys, the people in WWE games are actual people. That's most likely the reason the get away with it.

Possibly, but violence is violence. Why is bashing a man's head open with a pipe and causing blood to spill everywhere any less worse in a game? This happens now in WWE games and it still gets a family friendly classification. We all know it is fictional and no matter how much censorship we impose it will never stop the crazies who can't draw distinctions between reality and fantasy.

Considering parents buy their kids GTA, Mortal Kombat, and other such games, I HIGHLY doubt intergender matches would cause that.

Woman in gameshop bought her kid a 18 rated game and he only looked 8.

Suprised they actually sold it to her.

The only way I see this coming back anytime soon is if they made a separate game for late 90s-early 2000s fans. Something with as much of the WCW, WWF, ECW rosters as possible, and maybe even add an option to port over talent from the latest main game.

Heck they could charge us half the price or even the full 60 bucks to be able to bring the current games entire roster over into that game so that they still make that extra profit if people don't want to own both games but of course that's all just wishful thinking.

Woman in gameshop bought her kid a 18 rated game and he only looked 8.

Suprised they actually sold it to her.

Legally she is the person buying the game, as long as she pays and its handed to her the shop has little or no ability to refuse on age restriction grounds.

Archived