Owen Hart

TheSuntanSuperman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been discussed a few times on here already, but my understanding is that WWE is not allowed to use Owen's likeness on anything. Dvd is a grey area, as WWE owns that footage. Martha would rather Owens name be wiped from wrestlings exsistense, which is sad. Unless someone gets in her ear at some point, i doubt we will ever see Owen in a WWE game.

I think the obvious work around for the Austin showcase is using Stock WWE footage for matches and events that we don't actually encounter in game. Like a sorta highlight of events leading upto the next chapters.

I'd be very curious how they tackle the Owen Hart & Bulldog tag matches... or even Undertaker/ Austin when the Hart foundation charges the ring. It'll either be edited in game without Owen, or just highlight reels of WWE footage.

I would have thought Summerslam 97 was a must have in Austin Showcase so my question is does this Martha hart vs WWE also involve WWE Games because i cant believe he isn't in considering the impact of the ending of that match had on Austin's Career

Lawsuit concluded that any use of owen's likeness, except wwe archived footage, must have written permission from his estate (martha).

It is not 2K's or even WWE's choice to exclude him. If his wife gave the okay for him to be in, he would of course be in. I am confused as to how he's got a DVD coming out but can't be in the game though. I assume because that's old footage. And wwe owns that stuff but they don't have rights to his likeness. But I don't know.

Martha Hart is against anything WWE..she hates them and wants his wrestling career forgotten

She doesn't want his memory forgotten.. just doesn't want the WWE to profit off his name. It's like people forget he was in Legends of Wrestling II.

owen being in a game would be a new median for him so martha would be able to get royalties wwe lawsuit agreement only allowes current medians like archival footage any new median would have to be agreed upon by both parties

martha still gets royalties from anything involving owen. Like the upcoming dvd.....she's against it and wants no part of it, but she will still get royalties from it.

i don't think she get royalties from the dvd it depends on waht was decided on in the law suit but i think sense it footage wwe owns it doesnt count unless they r working for wwe

on dvd releases even though its their own footage she gets royalties. Anytime you see a dvd come out those talents get roaylties. See Jesse Ventura's lawsuit against WWF in the 80's.

i don't think she get royalties from the dvd it depends on waht was decided on in the law suit but i think sense it footage wwe owns it doesnt count unless they r working for wwe

Except for the network if WWE uses someones likeness on a game, figure, dvd, etc that person gets royalties. The WWE Network doesnt get the wrestlers royalties though as Curt Hawkins and Brodus Clay have said in shoot interviews that the network was deemed to not be"directly" profiting off of talent since the user controlled what archived footage they watched. They also noted for dvd's their royalties have been as low as $0.25. It isn't a lot obviously. It's a fraction, of a fraction, of a fraction.

The only reason WWE can even do this Owen dvd is because the footage is their own and all the photos and videos used were supplied by the Hart family. Bret said Martha wouldn't WWE use anything at all except their footage because thats all she that couldn't legally fight against.

Except for the network if WWE uses someones likeness on a game, figure, dvd, etc that person gets royalties. The WWE Network doesnt get the wrestlers royalties though as Curt Hawkins and Brodus Clay have said in shoot interviews that the network was deemed to not be"directly" profiting off of talent since the user controlled what archived footage they watched. They also noted for dvd's their royalties have been as low as $0.25. It isn't a lot obviously. It's a fraction, of a fraction, of a fraction.

The only reason WWE can even do this Owen dvd is because the footage is their own and all the photos and videos used were supplied by the Hart family. Bret said Martha wouldn't WWE use anything at all except their footage because thats all she that couldn't legally fight against.

Yup, exactly. As Brutus Beefcake said a few months ago and was posted here WWE can use any wrestler's image without consent, but still have to pay royalties, if they owned the rights to the gimmick and the name (cannot trademark a performer's real name). Owen Hart was his real name so they cannot use his image without permission except for their own archived footage....which they are never going to get.

maybe his a dlc showcase mode, as having him would b a huge shock maybe making ppl pay extra is a good idea in there eyes, maybe his wife gets paid extra 2 as part of the deal to go along with his dvd?

Absolutely no chance, and Martha has nothing to do with this DVD - she would not support it as, in her eyes, it is WWE making money from Owen and that's why Bret said in a recently interview that Owen's DVD is nowhere near as good as it could be as without Martha's participation they are limited in what they can do and archive stuff they can put on it

IMartha would rather Owens name be wiped from wrestlings exsistense, which is sad. Unless someone gets in her ear at some point, i doubt we will ever see Owen in a WWE game.

Where's Dom Cobb when you need him? v_v

Archived