Official Hell In A Cell Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Del Rio was surprising, but I was never that big a fan, so kind of whatever for me. And him being the one to beat Cena really kinda sucked. Dude was always ridiculously boring.

Pretty much fast forwarded the rest of the matches to see the results, nothing that interested me too much.

Kickoff tag match was really fun though.

Aren't hell in a cell matches now just a sheer excuse for breaking a few tables? :/

The Hell in a Cell match between Reigns & Wyatt made sense, because the whole story between these two was that Wyatt had his family attacking Reigns every chance they had. The Cell was added to keep them away

They need to go back to the old Cell. The new one is too tall and the combatants hardly ever go outside the cell or get on top of it anymore (probably because of the height) that was half the fun of HIAC matches tbh was seeing guys do battle on top of the cage.

I'm with you man, I miss that. But then again, I think Punk/Heyman and Cena/Orton climbed the Cell, just not during the actual match (Punk did it after and Cena chased Randy up during a RAW promo), so I'm wondering if that's more of an order from a higher up that doesn't allow it during matches anymore.

They need to go back to the old Cell. The new one is too tall and the combatants hardly ever go outside the cell or get on top of it anymore (probably because of the height) that was half the fun of HIAC matches tbh was seeing guys do battle on top of the cage.

I'm with you man, I miss that. But then again, I think Punk/Heyman and Cena/Orton climbed the Cell, just not during the actual match (Punk did it after and Cena chased Randy up during a RAW promo), so I'm wondering if that's more of an order from a higher up that doesn't allow it during matches anymore.

It could be, I think a part of it was that they raised the height so wrestlers could do more high flying moves from the top rope. Forget which Triple H match that they raised the height. I just think it would have been better to keep the height lower because it would create the illusion that someone could still fall from the top.

The old cell was legit dangerous af. Mick Foley could have died when he fell through the top of the cell. Glad it's gone.

Isn't that the whole purpose of the Cell to be dangerous af? It's not about people falling through or going off the side of the cell, it's the illusion that it's possible. With the Cell being so high people don't believe it's even possible anymore and it takes away from the stigma of what the HIAC should be.

The old cell was legit dangerous af. Mick Foley could have died when he fell through the top of the cell. Glad it's gone.

Isn't that the whole purpose of the Cell to be dangerous af? It's not about people falling through or going off the side of the cell, it's the illusion that it's possible. With the Cell being so high people don't believe it's even possible anymore and it takes away from the stigma of what the HIAC should be.

"The old cell was legit dangerous" Not kayfabe wise.

We literally saw last year someone falling off the Cell...

And before that we got how many people being thrown of the Cell? 2? 3?

It's not like it is a thing that was happening in every single Hell in a Cell match...

"The old cell was legit dangerous" Not kayfabe wise.

We literally saw last year someone falling off the Cell...

And before that we got how many people being thrown of the Cell? 2? 3?

It's not like it is a thing that was happening in every single Hell in a Cell match...

You missed my point. Legit dangerous adds to the stigma of the HIAC. I didn't say falling off the Cell needs to happen all the time. I said having the height of the cell being lower creates the illusion that it's possible and everytime you have the guys battling on the top you have the chance that they really could go through the cell or they really could fall off the top (not the side) of the cell.

But you still have that....? o.o

Just by being up there the illusion is there?

And sorry...any match type that is purposely kept more dangerous than it has to be needs to go. A big company such as the WWE should not use a broken, cheap cage for any type of match.

Archived