2015 TNA Hall of Famer Announced

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.

54yerd.jpg

For 27 years, professional wrestling referee Earl Hebner has entered millions of living rooms across the globe every week, officiating the wildest and most memorable matches and main events of wrestlings top promotions.

On Saturday, Oct. 3, in front of family, friends and fans in his home state of Virginia, Hebner, the most famous professional referee in the world, will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame.

Earl Hebner is not only one of the most recognizable personalities in professional wrestling, his passion for the sport, in-ring management skills, and ability to entertain audiences has set the standard by which all professional wrestling referees are measured, TNA President Dixie Carter said in a release. It is an honor to have Earl as part of the TNA family and as the newest member of the illustrious TNA Hall of Fame.

Hebners TNA Hall of Fame induction ceremony will occur Saturday, Oct. 3 during The Road to Bound For Glory Tour live event in Salem, Va. Smashing Pumpkins front man and TNA Senior Producer Billy Corgan will induct Hebner. TNA Ring Announcer and Hebners friend Jeremy Borash will emcee.

On Sunday, Oct. 4, during TNAs biggest night of the year, the Bound For Glory pay-per-view, a special segment will be dedicated to Earls TNA Hall of Fame induction, featuring career highlights and portions of his induction ceremony from the previous night.

Hebner will be the sixth inductee into the TNA Hall of Fame, joining Sting, Kurt Angle, Bully Ray, Devon and Jeff Jarrett. His TNA Hall of Fame induction marks the first time a referee of any major professional wrestling organization has become a member of the promotions Hall of Fame.

When I received the call from John Gaburick [TNAs Executive Vice President of Television and Talent Relations], and he told me I am being inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame, I was stunned and my eyes welled up with tears, said Hebner. Ive been working for 37 years for this incredible honor. It is rare for a referee in any sport to be recognized in this way, and I am proud TNA is recognizing me as the first referee to ever be inducted into a professional wrestling Hall of Fame.

Hebner fell in love with professional wrestling during his teenage years while working concessions at the Richmond, Va., Fairgrounds, where local and regional promotions ran shows every Friday night. He first became involved in professional wrestling by volunteering on the ring crew. Hebners foray into refereeing occurred by happenstance when a referee fell ill and Earl was asked to fill-in on a moments notice.

Hebner refereed for Jim Crockett Promotions, and in the late 1980s, he made his debut with World Wrestling Federation, when he replaced his twin brother, Dave, mid-match and influenced the outcome of a famous, highly-rated, televised title bout between Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant with the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase and Virgil. The controversial Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels match in Montreal, he officiated that one, too. So many more big matches he worked, and that carried into TNA.

Earning the respect of the locker room, Hebner made his TNA debut in 2006 where he has served as senior official, managing TNAs other referees, including his son, Brian.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fighting/article35294658.html#storylink=cpy

• 3 weeks later...

Hebner belongs in the WWE Hall of fame.

The requirements to enter the TNA hall of fame are a bit more lenient than in other companies. For example, step 1: open the door. Step 2: there is no step 2.

Step 3: there is no profit either.

Archived