WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin Owens Says That Triple H Hired Him

During an interview with Canadiens Magazine, Kevin Owens revealed that it was Triple H who had the final say in the hiring of Owens. Here’s what the former NXT Champion said:

“He hired me. When I got my chance to be called up to the pros, the story I heard was that four or five people had a say in the decision. The vote was tied at two, and Triple H cast the deciding ballot. He gave me my chance. I appreciated that he was willing to risk signing me even though I’m not the typical WWE wrestler. Since I started working with him, we’ve become a lot closer. He helps me as much as he can for shows – like he does with everyone – but we both have young kids at home and we talk about a lot of other things that have nothing to do with wrestling. The fact that he’s in my corner is what counts. I watched him fight when I was younger. I went to the Bell Centre to see him live. He’s the one who motivated me.”

You can read the entire interview here.

Source: ringsidenews.com

As much shit CM Punk gives Triple H, I feel like as long as you do what's asked of you and maintain a respectful relationship it seems Triple H will stick his neck out for you. But you start you know being "CM Punk" backstage he'll be a dick.

Punk had heat on him really early in his career, so I can see why he would have a different outlook on Trips than a lot of other guys.

Had Punk been signed in the last year with NXT, I think he and Hunter's relationship would be a lot different.

:lol: don't forget they owe him the title also because he lost to Triple H at WrestleMania

Was Smackdown any good btw?

I believe the term is "buried" :XD:

It actually looks alright. You'll love what goes down in the main event.

Will I love it?

As much shit CM Punk gives Triple H, I feel like as long as you do what's asked of you and maintain a respectful relationship it seems Triple H will stick his neck out for you. But you start you know being "CM Punk" backstage he'll be a dick.

Punk had heat on him really early in his career, so I can see why he would have a different outlook on Trips than a lot of other guys.

Had Punk been signed in the last year with NXT, I think he and Hunter's relationship would be a lot different.

Trips has always hated Punk. And if anything, Heyman had to save him cause he was the one that got him hired in the first place.

Trips has always hated Punk. And if anything, Heyman had to save him cause he was the one that got him hired in the first place.

Why did Hunter hate Punk though? Random grudges doesn't seem like a Triple H thing to do, especially if you throw in the fact that he's had a very big hand in reparing several bridges we thought permanently burned, such as Sammartino.

:lol: don't forget they owe him the title also because he lost to Triple H at WrestleMania

Will I love it?
No.

:shifty:

Will I love it?

You will definitely love it! <3

I think Triple H will reach out to Punk once he's in full power if the opportunity ever presents itself for Punk to choose between staying with UFC or going back to professional wrestling.

We shall see.

Archived