Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rewatched the first season and first four episodes of season two of Twin Peaks with my younger brother when I was home last weekend. Really fun to watch with somebody who is going in blind. His reaction to the end of episode three was priceless. That eight episode first season is perfection. Every time I watch this show I just get so lost in the world it builds. One of those shows where you wish you could live in its world.

He liked it more than I expected. He got very drawn in and kept watching as I was leaving. It's a good show to watch if you're fresh off Stranger Things and want another small town mystery story.

Just finished watching The Cloverfield Paradox and I actually quite enjoyed it. Wasn't sure what to make of it once it ended but after thinking about it I realized I really liked it. Is it my new favorite movie? No, but I did enjoy it.

Decided to look at some reviews afterwards, curious as to what people thought of it, and I'm surprised so many people hate it yet at the same time not surprised at all. There was one comment I came across though that I thought was pretty interesting...

"Cloverfield is an idea of fear; not a physical monster. Instead of appealing to a general story - which you want in today's world, think of Cloverfield to be more of a sci-fi 60's comic book in which the realm of Cloverfield is a journey of shorts. And each story takes place in the "Cloverfield World" but may not pertain to one another directly."

Movie spoilers...

Wish we seen more of the monster/s. But at the same time I kinda like how you only see glimpses/moments of it. I also wish more was explained, hopefully Cloverfield Overlord reveals some info about, well, anything really.

So apparently there's a bit of an easter egg with Paradox and the first movie. Link contains spoilers.

http://comicbook.com/horror/2018/02/06/the-cloverfield-paradox-easter-eggs-cloverfield-sync/

Archived