Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

Watched the first two episodes of Bill Nye Saves the World. I dig it.

Will probably piss off a lot of simple minded people. I think a lot of people already dislike Bill Nye for talking about shit that they don't believe in, and doing so in a bit of a blunt manner. First episode was about climate change and naysayers, second episode was about alternate medicines being bullshit.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Juggling my morning viewing between Lucha Underground, The Real Ghostbusters, and Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Basically recreating a weekend cartoon/wrestling block...and I have no regrets. :lol:

oh they got sonic on there now? i haven't had Netflix since season 2 of Fuller House ended. definitely need to consider restarting my account now lol

Next month doesn't seem to have anything good maybe we get lucky and get the cw shows

Norm MacDonald Standup Special

Tracy Morgan Standup Special

War Machine (2017; Brad Pit; Netflix original movie)

Doctor Strange (for those who haven't seen it, or want to see it again)

Looks fine to me.

Also, new episodes of 'The Last Kingdom', which I haven't watched (but think it looks like a good series)...and new episodes of 'Master of None', which is a pretty funny show. So, yeah...I reiterate...looks fine.

The premise of 13 Reasons bothers me. Don't really care to watch it, but it seems like she kills herself to spite other people. Does the show ever address how that's a shitty thing to do? Like I'd feel weird if the show glorified a character that did that.

That isn't why she killed herself. She did it because she was brought to the point where she felt nothing, essentially dead inside, and she seen her life as more of a burden than anything else. After watching the show there's no way I'd think she took her own life to spite other people.

Next month doesn't seem to have anything good maybe we get lucky and get the cw shows

Norm MacDonald Standup Special

Tracy Morgan Standup Special

War Machine (2017; Brad Pit; Netflix original movie)

Doctor Strange (for those who haven't seen it, or want to see it again)

Looks fine to me.

Also, new episodes of 'The Last Kingdom', which I haven't watched (but think it looks like a good series)...and new episodes of 'Master of None', which is a pretty funny show. So, yeah...I reiterate...looks fine.

You're getting Strange? That's fast. I hope we do too.

The Last Kingdom is a good show, season 2 is currently in season.

You're getting Strange? That's fast. I hope we do too.

Yeah, Netflix inked a deal with Disney where they get all the new theater releases when they come out...which includes all of the Marvel stuff. Obviously there's a delay of a few months...so they can sell DVDs. But it's really not a bad wait at all. Stuff like Finding Dory, Pete's Dragon, Jungle Book, and BFG all went up really quick too. Definitely comes in handy for the ones that you're on the fence about wasting money on seeing in the theater or renting. Like...Guardians 2, I might just take the Netflix route. Not sure if I can commit to baby Groot hijinks.

So Mystery Science Theatre 3000 has popped up on NetflixUK. I get that the original show is an American favourite and I legit have no idea what it is. Can someone explain?

Intentionally corny and cheaply produced science fiction show, set in space...where the crew of this ship is one guy and some robots...and they are forced to watch really bad movies (real movies) by some evil villains...and you basically watch these shitty movies with them talking over the whole thing...making jokes, etc. It's essentially a way to watch some of the worst movies ever made, without actually sitting down and watching them yourself. When you watch them on MST3K, you're watching them ironically or whatever. That's the appeal of it. The new episodes are kinda meh. It walks the line between the jokes being funny, and the jokes being really scripted and forced. Still...not a bad way to see some of these really bad movies without the dreadful process of paying close attention to them.

Interesting premise. Similar to what RedLetterMedia do with their Best Of The Worst series, slightly. Not sure I can deal with corny sci-fi robots with cringey jokes, but I like the idea.

Personally, I can't wait for Ansari's Master of None.

Yeah, I actually forgot about that show. I watched a few episodes of the first season, when it first came out...and then I forgot about it. But I love everything that Aziz does, so I definitely need to get back on that. Dude is one of those comedians who is funny without even trying. Dude can just go "Whhhaaaaaaaat?" and make a face, and I'm laughing my ass off...and it doesn't hurt that his actual stories/jokes and delivery are all amazing too...whether doing standup, or in a situational comedy like MoN.

Finished watching both Girlboss and Guilt recently. Neither are phenomenal but I enjoyed them for what they are. Too bad Guilt won't be getting a second season but at least it tied everything up at the end. I was apprehensive about watching it at first because I felt that it might not. Girlboss...if it gets a second season, I'll check it out.

Personally, I can't wait for Ansari's Master of None.

Yeah, I actually forgot about that show. I watched a few episodes of the first season, when it first came out...and then I forgot about it. But I love everything that Aziz does, so I definitely need to get back on that. Dude is one of those comedians who is funny without even trying. Dude can just go "Whhhaaaaaaaat?" and make a face, and I'm laughing my ass off...and it doesn't hurt that his actual stories/jokes and delivery are all amazing too...whether doing standup, or in a situational comedy like MoN.

Right, I have to say that MoN made me appreciate him far more as a comedian. Like, his delivery in both his stand-ups and the show are close enough, and yet (for some reason) I used to find it kind of tough getting through a stand up of his.

However, maybe it's that same ignorance that cost me because I was busting out to a lot of the jokes on the show. Or maybe I just found the way he put jokes together in Master, better...but yeah, I'll give it to Aziz, I'm becoming a fan of his now. :D

Oh, and by the way, I know some of you have watched 13 Reasons Why. There's been an article on it not being the great MH piece it's built up to be, and I've seen a lot of people actually slate the show for 'glamourising suicide'.

I just wanted to know what your takes are on that. Do you agree to an extent/completely?

Or do you disagree, and feel maybe it's just being misinterpreted?

Archived