Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

Death Note is already being bashed due to the characters being white people. They made a character black instead of Asian but that part is considered okay.

I'm fine with all kinds of diversity but I'm also okay with American adaptions being well, adaptions. People don't HAVE to be a certain race or orientation just because the source material was.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's an American adaptation that takes place in America, a country that's majority white. That's a thing most people don't actually give a shit about it's just virtue signalling. None of these people even offer up any Japanese actors who would be suitable for the role instead.

Yeah it's an American adaptation that takes place in America, a country that's majority white. That's a thing most people don't actually give a shit about it's just virtue signalling. None of these people even offer up any Japanese actors who would be suitable for the role instead.

"because dats the studios job not mine"

They removed star ratings and made everything a simple thumbs up or thumbs down...

I'm not happy about the amount of sheer crap that I'm about to end up watching as a result...

So happy about this. The thought of you watching what you consider crap and yelling at the television kills me.

Cool...whatever floats your boat.

Bro by that I mean, your rants are entertaining to read when you hate something. Even when I disagree. You always think I'm shitting on you when I barely am.

It's kinda a compliment. Unless you came in here to say you hated the latest season of Trailer Park Boys. Then I'd be frowning.

I still have star ratings.

What platform? I use the actual website most of the time...probably the most directly updated version. My guess is that the PS4/One, mobile, and other versions probably haven't been updated yet... Also, the whole region thing might be a factor.

I still have star ratings.

What platform? I use the actual website most of the time...probably the most directly updated version. My guess is that the PS4/One, mobile, and other versions probably haven't been updated yet... Also, the whole region thing might be a factor.

I'm on PS4. Also in U.K. obviously so that is probably a factor. My friends account has had percentage for a while, it comes up in green text and they're using a PS3. Who knows what the cause is.

^ True for the most part.

I'm not talking about the difference between something like 3 star and 5 star...but in the past, if something had a one star rating or whatever, it was pretty obvious that it was crap. I found that to be a good indicator for the most part. Was good for browsing through quickly, and avoiding all of the shit without wasting too much time debating whether it was going to suck or not. As unreliable as mass opinions are...they're usually pretty reliable when it comes to the absolute bottom of the barrel...

Archived