Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NegativeCreep said:

Currently on an Ozark binge... completed season 1, been one helluva journey so far.

And it will continue. It's one of the best shows out there and the latest season (3) was absolutely bonkers. Only thing that can stop it from going down in history as one of the GOAT shows is a GoT-esque decline imo.

Currently halfway through the second season of Dark (I know, late) and it's so good. If 'mind = blown' was a show, that would be it.

Ozark being a GOAT show? I've only seen a handful of episodes, but it's nothing particularly groundbreaking. It's just well produced and well written, but there are several shows out there like it these days, it's a golden age of TV. 

Not sure what episode you're on but it starts off slow indeed. However, once it picks up it gets really good and never really drops off after that. The performances of some of the existing characters and new characters take it up a notch in the coming seasons and it's got that knack of being unpredictable at the right time without overdoing it. The only thing I'll hold against it is that some episodes are a bit longer than they need to be and the obsessiveness with all the episodes being 50+ minutes long. 

3 hours ago, Crazy. said:

The only thing I'll hold against it is that some episodes are a bit longer than they need to be and the obsessiveness with all the episodes being 50+ minutes long. 

Yeah, this is pretty much the only (minor) gripe that I have with the series so far... 

Ozark is a great show. Not sure why anyone would say otherwise. Granted, I never watched season two, and now they're onto three...but I liked the first season a lot. 

The main actor is a bit dry, but he's supposed to be. That's really who that character is. Maybe the show itself could come off as "dry" if you don't recognize that. Not sure.

Finished season 2 of Dark today. Quality stuff but personally liked season 1 better. Can't wait for the next. 

If anyone here has seen it, how's Hunters? Planning to make it the next show on my watch list and have read mostly positive things about it. 

I'm already tired of the Tiger King shit. It would be a decent watch if society didn't have to ruin everything. I watched 3 episodes, I think. And I was enjoying it just fine. But...that's truthfully enough. It's been ruined for me by the ceaseless memes and shitposts. Someone even asked if Trump was going to pardon Joe Exotic during a coronavirus press briefing. Let me say that again...a briefing about what might end up being the single most important event in human history...and someone is asking about pardoning a guy who conspired murder...because, he has a Netflix series about him. And to make matters worse, any sane president would immediately shut that question down, but Trump actually said he'd consider it. Ugh. 

On 4/12/2020 at 12:21 AM, Crazy. said:

Super late to the party but The Haunting of Hill House is an absolute masterpiece of a horror show. Still left with 4 episodes but it's top class. 

Yeah this was a fun series. I watched it last year. If you like mystery stuff watch locke & key too. Even the deaths are more "Kid friendly"  it is a fun series. :)

Kingdom is another nice series (with Zombies), I'm on the 5th Episode of Season 2 now!

The first Season was rather a introduction on the matter, in the second Season they explain a lot by showing Flashbacks from the past among other things I don't want to spoil.

So "Circus of Books" turned out to be an entertaining watch... was interesting to see how a husband and wife ran a successful adult bookstore in West Hollywood for over 30 years, and doing that under the noses of their three children.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

Me too, loving every second of it. Shame they don't have Legend of Korra on Netflix too...guess I'll buy the bluray set for that lol

Archived